Blu breakfast

werter

We loved blue for dinner but really wasn't impressed with the breakfast. It wasn't the variety as much as just not enjoying their simplest of offerings. That said, we didn't exactly starve. :D

Unless I missed it, I don't recall any food but chips in Michael's on Reflection and they didn't open until 5:00 pm. Am I wrong?

On sea days on Equinox, Blu opened from 8:00-9:30am. On port days, the times may vary. I would recommend checking the daily the night before which shows dining times for all the restaurants the following day, the make plans accordingly.

You have other choices and varieties if you don't like the asparagus/mushroom/potatoes - try the Aqua Spa Cafe, the MDR, or the Buffet. You can pretty much get whatever you want at the other venues. For example, Blu doesn't serve eggs benedict, so I go elsewhere if I want eggs benedict.

They do on Solstice if you ask. Unfortunately, we didn't find out until the final day when the guy at the next table ordered them (like he'd been doing all week).

They do on Solstice if you ask. Unfortunately, we didn't find out until the final day when the guy at the next table ordered them (like he'd been doing all week).

Eggs Benedict in blu varies. I never could get it on the equinox or eclipse, but they had it on the millenium. Unfortunately they couldn't figure out how to poach an egg so the eggs came almost hard boiled.

Eggs Benedict in blu varies. I never could get it on the equinox or eclipse, but they had it on the millenium. Unfortunately they couldn't figure out how to poach an egg so the eggs came almost hard boiled.

The eggs benedict on the Solstice (in buffet, not BLU) was not as good as on Infinity or Constellation.

We will see if we can get eggs benedict in BLU on Infinity.

On sea days on Equinox, Blu opened from 8:00-9:30am. On port days, the times may vary. I would recommend checking the daily the night before which shows dining times for all the restaurants the following day, the make plans accordingly.

I believe they adjust the breakfast times depending upon the arrival time of the ship to the port; hence, if you are departing early you will probably still be able to have breakfast in Blu. Also, they have adjusted the clothing rules to accomodate those who will soon be departing.

I believe they adjust the breakfast times depending upon the arrival time of the ship to the port; hence, if you are departing early you will probably still be able to have breakfast in Blu. Also, they have adjusted the clothing rules to accomodate those who will soon be departing.

What is the general Blu breakfast dress code - and how would it be changed on port days?

Thanks

M

I asked about Eggs Benedict in Blu on Equinox last year, and our waiter went to ask the kitchen. He came back to inform us that unfortunately it wasn't possible.

The fact that he had to ask leads me to believe that the answer might not be set in stone but might vary over time.

The same people eating the same egg breakfast every day ?? If you order the pancakes (two different types), the smoked salmon plate, the fritatta, the meat/cheese plate or the meusli you will not see the garnishes. Only if you order eggs will you see the garnishes.

My favourite:

BluBreakfast_zps5eb9fbe5.jpg

I usually dress smart casual, but I am not certain that that is the required dress code for breakfast.

So if they adjust the breakfast clothing rules, what are the breakfast general clothing rules and how are they different for port vs sea days. Dinner is no problem as we will be in smart casual or formal.

We've only been on one celebrity cruise and we had the elite breakfast in the Tuscan grill next to blu but I did not notice what the folks going in and out of blu we're wearing. I imagine if I had seen sport coats (smart casual) for breakfast it might have made me notice.

Is the breakfast clothing code in blu any different from the dining room breakfast code or the buffet.

Thanks

M

I'm not entirely sure if there are rules. We never saw any and saw people with tank tops, flip flops, workout wear, etc during our breakfasts in Blu...

Thanks - I wouldn't wear that to any breakfast venue on a ship anyway . I guess we'll be fine in shorts and tops.

M

Thanks - I wouldn't wear that to any breakfast venue on a ship anyway . I guess we'll be fine in shorts and tops.

M

I doubt if the weather in the British Isles in May will allow us to wear shorts very much.

I don't see the problem with the menu. At home I basically eat the same thing every morning. The only difference on the ship is that my wife and I don't have to shop for it, prepare it or clean up afterwards. The hardest part is getting out of bed, dressing and walking that long walk down to Blu, and that is after having room service for coffee and rolls on the balcony. :D

AMEN:D:D:D

We will be on the Solstice at the end of the month. We are in an AQ cabin but will be eating in the MDR, with friends, at night. But we are looking forward to breakfast in Blu!

What is the general Blu breakfast dress code - and how would it be changed on port days?

Thanks

M

No particular dress code. Casual wear is fine. If you'd wear it to the buffet you can wear it to breakfast in Blu.

Archived