Captain's Party for Suite Guest

tammi0916

Hi!

Can anyone tell me when this is? We are on the Dawn to Bermuda in July and just wanted to know which night to expect this. Since this is our first NCL and Suite I wanted to check it out!

Thanks,

Tammi

Its exactly what it souds like , a get to gether with the Captain ( and free drinks) ;)

As far as what night ? I dont recall a patern .

Go , its a nice time . ( did I mention free drinks )

EDIT: And no , you do not have to dress up. ( I wear dockers & polo )

When you arrive in your Suite there will be a packet of information. Your invitation to the event will be in that packet.

There is no set time/date for this event, as the schedule can change from week to week depending upon a number of factors.

Enjoy that suite! You're going to be spoiled rotten. :D

Definitely go and enjoy! You'll also meet other members of the officer team. It's a nice chance to talk to them. I just found out my favorite butler Roel is on the Dawn (he's currently training other butlers), so I hope you're lucky enough to have him!!

Definitely changes from week to week. Ours on Epic was on Monday night (with a Saturday sailing).

Do they consider it a snub if you don't go? Because I don't drink and I don't really care who's running the ship (as long as somebody is).

Since we're on vacation we'd rather skip it unless it would be seen as rude. I figure it's two fewer people for the captain to schmooze!

Do they consider it a snub if you don't go? Because I don't drink and I don't really care who's running the ship (as long as somebody is).

Since we're on vacation we'd rather skip it unless it would be seen as rude. I figure it's two fewer people for the captain to schmooze!

Not at all.

Nope! It's your vacation - you don't wanna go, you don't :)

There's no sign in sheet or anything BUT the suite party is where I got my invite to the officers dinner so I'm glad I went :D

Just back from the Jade and ours was the evening of the first sea day. It was a very nice get together. The captain was there along with most of the directors and it was great change to chat with them. And a good chance to meet other suite guests. There were free appetizers and drinks and it was very classy. I'd recommend it!

don't remember which evening it was, but it's usually before dinner, maybe 6 - 6:30 pm...you will find an invitation in your suite. You can go...or not. It's fairly crowded in the Haven area, but nice to mingle with fellow cruisers:

232323232%7Ffp63573%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3436555%3B%3A2347nu0mrj

You get to chat with the Captain if you wish:

232323232%7Ffp6356%3A%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3436555%3B%3A3347nu0mrj

And take some photos with the Captain an Senior Crew:

232323232%7Ffp63598%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3436554866347nu0mrj

Enjoy your cruise!

You get free booze(well wine at least) and the food they pass around is good

On one was wine...on another...I had a great martini!!!--Guess it depends on captain and ship ;)

After reading all the comments and I really looking forward to this....I just wish they had a set time for these things so people can plan. I would hate to have made reservations at a specialty resturant and it be at that time...:rolleyes: (I guess that is something the concierge can help with if needed):cool:

thanks for all the great info.,....

Tammi

After reading all the comments and I really looking forward to this....I just wish they had a set time for these things so people can plan. I would hate to have made reservations at a specialty resturant and it be at that time...:rolleyes: (I guess that is something the concierge can help with if needed):cool:

thanks for all the great info.,....

Tammi

Ours was late afternoon, early evening on , I think, the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise. If I remember correctly, we were getting ready for dinner and got a call from the Concierge inviting us. When we walked in, we had our picture taken with the Captian by the ships photographer, but we never saw them anywhere.

On the Star this past summer, we did make a reservation @ Moderno w/our concierge, when we were waiting in the Suite boarding lounge. Unfortunately, our cocktail party was in the middle of our dinner, so we missed it. Next time I will be sure to ask first. :)

It's an open bar. You can order just about anything you want.

While I have done that at Lattitudes parties..I did not realize it was appropriate at this one...(is there actually a bar IN the Haven??)

While I have done that at Lattitudes parties..I did not realize it was appropriate at this one...(is there actually a bar IN the Haven??)

On my sailing the suite party wasn't in the haven (I was bummed...wanted to see it) I think bc of the weather. I sailed in Feb and it was COLD when we left NY. 28 degrees :eek: I ordered a drink from the bar.

Archived