Anyone know for sure about Explorer? A bit worried...

If Royal wants to keep pace with NCL and their new Breakaway ship, at some point the Explorer will be replaced with a different ship out of Bayonne.

The bigger problem is for Royal to have to share the port with Celebrity on different days since only one berth exists. Keep hearing about having a second pier, but nothing as yet seems to be happening on this front.

There will probably be a newer ship replacing the Explorer before a second pier arrives in Bayonne!:D

MARAPRINCE

Um... for people on CC who ask about it? It took 30 seconds on the last day of the cruise. You act like I was going around looking for things that were wrong. That was, quite literally, me about to pack my camera going "hey, maybe a few quick shots around the stateroom can help someone on the boards." There are others but these are the ones that specifically address things that should be taken care of during drydock.

And yes, we did not like the XoS and a part of that was the disrepair it was in, part was how dirty it seemed, part was the food (both quality and lack of) and part was the other cruisers. (Sorry, did not like that we couldn't even communicate with half of the other cruisers because we do not speak adequate French nor do they speak adequate English. Making new friends is a big reason we cruise and such a large number of non-English speakers was not something we were prepared for.)

I didn't see the "major positives" you speak of and I do not foresee us sailing XoS again. If you do, then continue to sail on XoS. To each his own.

Don't get the language thing. You never know the majority of the nationalities until you board. Not the norm for that ship to have so many foreign visitors

So a question for all you Explorer friendly types. Will I be able to get internet in an aft cabin or will I have to head somewhere towards the middle of the ship like it was on Jewel last week?

Thanks

Bill

I was only able to get sporadic & slow Internet service from our aft cabin 9690 on the Explorer. But at least it was something. Can't wait for pervasive wifi!

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was only able to get sporadic & slow Internet service from our aft cabin 9690 on the Explorer. But at least it was something. Can't wait for pervasive wifi!

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we book for May 2014 I thought we were going to get the pervasive wi-fi like we had on Radiance & Splendour since their website shows Explorer's upgrade in Feb 2014. Sure would be nice if they could keep their website up to date. :rolleyes:

Bill

Archived