Unlimited Photo Package

Thank you for all the suggestions. Even though I may be offered all these pictures, I know I wouldn't want them all. As I said, I like the paper idea (yes I know it is heavy, but I would have room for it, and give my friend some of the pictures too), and the price sounded good.

The suggestion of having someone take our pictures is also a good one. When I see someone taking pictures of others, I will ask them if they would like to be in it, and then i can get all of them in the picture, and then vice versa with us.

If you have been on the Freedom of the Seas lately, can you purchase this package of "paper copies" on the ship, or do you need to go to the website?

Thank you for all the suggestions. Even though I may be offered all these pictures, I know I wouldn't want them all. As I said, I like the paper idea (yes I know it is heavy, but I would have room for it, and give my friend some of the pictures too), and the price sounded good.

The suggestion of having someone take our pictures is also a good one. When I see someone taking pictures of others, I will ask them if they would like to be in it, and then i can get all of them in the picture, and then vice versa with us.

If you have been on the Freedom of the Seas lately, can you purchase this package of "paper copies" on the ship, or do you need to go to the website?

You can always purchase pictures and picture packages on the ship. However, sometimes the price is more. We like to take some of our own pictures and also have the professional pics taken with various backgrounds. The best of both worlds. We do prefer the disk as we can upload some or all and send to all of our family and friends. We also print a few "special" pictures to frame.

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 4 months later...

Great information here, thanks to all that have contributed!!

A couple of questions .....

1) I note a lot of backdrop shots are done, pic of the ship, moonlight etc but sorry this seems a bit tacky to me. Do they offer 'real' background opportunities like out on deck in the moonlight, a particular area on deck with a nice natural background (ships wake?) etc? They would be a bit more natural than the canvas backgrounds that in reality you could be anywhere.

2) can you ask them to do something like the above if it's not standard? Would they be happy to oblige and these shots would still be in included within the package or would they deem these as 'special/private' shots?

We are cruising on Celebrity Solstice in October as a family of four and from all I've seen of her she's a beautiful ship and would love to have her integrated into our portraits as much as possible!

Cheers

Matt

Great information here, thanks to all that have contributed!!

A couple of questions .....

1) I note a lot of backdrop shots are done, pic of the ship, moonlight etc but sorry this seems a bit tacky to me. Do they offer 'real' background opportunities like out on deck in the moonlight, a particular area on deck with a nice natural background (ships wake?) etc? They would be a bit more natural than the canvas backgrounds that in reality you could be anywhere.

2) can you ask them to do something like the above if it's not standard? Would they be happy to oblige and these shots would still be in included within the package or would they deem these as 'special/private' shots?

We are cruising on Celebrity Solstice in October as a family of four and from all I've seen of her she's a beautiful ship and would love to have her integrated into our portraits as much as possible!

Cheers

Matt

1. Yes, backgrounds are tacky-but that is what it is on a cruise-

2. We have done some non standard poises on the plain backgrounds- no problem with photographer. If you want "special" photos, you can for an additional fee ($$$$) have a private shooting- with the photographer taking pics all over the ship.

3. As long as you are in the photo, you can include another guest.

Enjoy your cruise! Pictures are a great, especially with your family- priceless!

Thanks for he quick response! Yes overall if will be great to get some family shots and we've all bought our formal gear, so to see my 10yo son all suited up in his tuxedo will indeed be priceless!

But I must've been hopeful, naive or bit of both as was rally expecting them to use the cruise ship more as backdrop, as you say we are on a cruise after all!! But the white screen backdrop will be great, that style always looks classic.

I will try and get chatty with a photographer and see if they are 'cruising' around the ship we may be able to bump into the and get some snaps that way :D

On both of our recent cruises we had pictures taken on the ship stairs and bridge so there on some ship as the backdrop. We have a family pic with a ship picture as backdrop and it is nice. I do agree that some of the backdrops are quite busy.

Laura

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone have info on the photo unlimited package for the Navigator? Price? Quality? Photo ops? We aren't sailing till next June so I can't check online :/ it will just be hubby and me so I would love to have some pics of us that don't include my outstretched arm selfie style! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The price is based on the boat you are on. Some are just more expensive than others. Allure and Oasis will cost you 299 for all digital photos.

Where did you find this price? We're on Oasis 8/16 and it's listing the prices as $349.99 for all digitals and $474.99 for all digitals & cd .

Where did you find this price? We're on Oasis 8/16 and it's listing the prices as $349.99 for all digitals and $474.99 for all digitals & cd .

Yeah I just logged onto mycruisephotos.com and selected a few different ships and cruise dates - the site asks for your name and cruise reservation but its not validated so XXX and YYYY worked just fine:D

Once logged on you can check the 'PRODUCTS' offered and then up top right corner you can CHANGE the cruise to another date or vessel.

Oasis/Allure are both more expensive and have the most options.

Freedom seems next expensive

Then seems the default packages on other ships - even with mixed duration of 7, 9 or even 12 day sailings all having the same price. :confused::)

NOTE: I have just looked at some random ships/sailings- this is not a complete list but assume it is similar for most.

Allure 7 Day 17-24Aug, Oasis 7 day 16-23 Aug

Also offer a 'PHOTO BOOK' but did not list price. I would do this back home anyway!

15 digital photos

$249.95

20 digital photos

$299.95

ALL digital photos

$344.99

ALL Digital Photos + Prints

$474.99

Freedom 7 days 17-14 Aug:

10 digital photos

$174.99

15 digital photos

$249.95

ALL digitalphotos

$299.99

$399.99

Explorer 9 Days - 14-23Aug, Liberty 7 days 17-14 Aug, Serenade 12 days 15-27 Aug

10 Digital photos

$174.99

ALL Digital Photos

$249.99

$349.99

Edited by QE2_Fan
typo

And for Celebrity - they do not appear to have as many options to choose from - but overall are <much> cheaper for the ALL digital photos + Prints option. Hope that goes for my cruise when it becomes available :D

NOTE: I have just looked at some random ships/sailings- this is not a complete list but assume it is similar for most.

SOLSTICE 11 days, 7Days/SUMMIT 7 Days/MILLE 7 Days/REFLECTION 10 Days/EQUINOX 14 Days

10 Digital Photos

$174.95

All Digital Photos + Prints

$249.95

INFINITY 11 Days

10 Digital Photos

$174.95

$219.95

CENTURY 7 Days

ALL Prints (no digital copies)

$250

Edited by QE2_Fan

Since it is about $350 on oasis, should I wait until the cruise to book? Also, I read it is buy a cd get a second half off for families traveling in multiple staterooms (not a family in 2 rooms).

I believe others on this thread have advised that is cheaper to pre-purchase - prices can be more expensive once on board for the photo packages.

The info for families travelling together can be found here:

http://support.mycruisephotos.com/support/solutions/folders/48484

I don't know why but they have this info 'hidden' behind their login page - unless you know the link (the above will take you there without having to log on). Seems it would help a lot of people (like myself) to know up front!!

Cheers.

Since it is about $350 on oasis, should I wait until the cruise to book? Also, I read it is buy a cd get a second half off for families traveling in multiple staterooms (not a family in 2 rooms).

I paid $249 for celebrity CD and hard copies. This price has been the same for the silhouette, reflection and summit. I paid the same on the allure for hard copies only. It does vary. Less people take pics on celebrity in general, many more or RC and Disney. My cruise photos also is offered on Disney cruises.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We paid 349.99 on the Navigator in March in advance for DVD and prints. On board it was that same price for the first few days and then went up to $399.99.

Prices have gone up for the individual photos. If I remember correctly 8X10 is now $22.95 and 5X7 is $16.95.

We paid 349.99 on the Navigator in March in advance for DVD and prints. On board it was that same price for the first few days and then went up to $399.99.

Prices have gone up for the individual photos. If I remember correctly 8X10 is now $22.95 and 5X7 is $16.95.

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to remember how much the digital only was?

Thank you for the information.

When I first saw the unlimited photo package (I thought it was $299, but not sure) I thought it was crazy. We only bought 4 and had the bogo coupon on our cards - so it was $66 for the 4, which is all I wanted.

But - late one evening while I was browsing the photos - there was a man and woman in there with three kids under 6. He had an inch thick stack in his hands - and they were flipping through them and they had some wonderful family and individual shots. It looked like every night they went and did the studio type photos plus the other theme photos you get.

So that actually seemed like a bargain, I know I'd pay that much or more for a photo shoot when the kids were younger (and way more for senior photos... hey, now there's an idea...) and not have as many options. I do imagine it was torture for the kids to do that every night.

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to remember how much the digital only was?

I just logged in to mycruisephotos.com for my upcoming Allure of the Seas, 7 night sailing and the "Get the Picture!" CD (digital-only) is $349.99.

Or I can get 15 digital photos for $249.95; 20 digital photos for $299.95.

I know I'd pay that much or more for a photo shoot when the kids were younger (and way more for senior photos... hey, now there's an idea...)

Genius! I hope I remember this in a few years when mine are going to graduate.

I paid $249 for celebrity CD and hard copies. This price has been the same for the silhouette, reflection and summit. I paid the same on the allure for hard copies only. It does vary. Less people take pics on celebrity in general, many more or RC and Disney. My cruise photos also is offered on Disney cruises.

Celebrity have just had packages released for late SEP and OCT. The rates have dropped!!:eek:

10 digital photo option is $175

ALL digital photos + Prints is $200

I have just ordered the ALL +Prints pkg for our 17 night cruise for $200...that seems a bargain - even if they don't take as many shots as RCI even formal nights and port shots etc will still provide a healthy portfolio to wade through !! :D

Edited by QE2_Fan

Celebrity have just had packages released for late SEP and OCT. The rates have dropped!!:eek:

10 digital photo option is $175

ALL digital photos + Prints is $200

I have just ordered the ALL +Prints pkg for our 17 night cruise for $200...that seems a bargain - even if they don't take as many shots as RCI even formal nights and port shots etc will still provide a healthy portfolio to wade through !! :D

That seems like an awesome deal!

Laura

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk