Unlimited Photo Package

The package does not include the ship photos, so yes you only get photos of your group. A further thing to note is the photos on the disc do not have the surrounds on them i.e. the welcome aboard photo does not have the ship name, dates or ports of call. We managed to buy all hard copies of the prints for a further $50 (in 2011) on board so we took home the best of both worlds.

My disc does have the borders. Welcome aboard, different ports, dining room and date. I do remember when I viewed the pictures at the kiosk they didn't, but there was a notation that some would come with borders.

Heads up to folks linking 2 rooms with minors--make sure all your pictures are there before you sign for your CD. The majority of our families pictures were on my seapass card, but there were some different ones that were on the kids' room. Even though they had made a folder with both room numbers on it, on the final day the first preview of the CD only had the pictures linked to the kids' room. They got it all taken care of, but there's a big disclaimer that once you sign, you get what you get, so I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed. Also, take the time to match up all your printed pictures with the ones showing on the kiosk. It can be a pain when you have a bazillion, but I did find a couple of my daughter in one of the ports that they had to add back on to our room.

Glad we got the CD, we did a lot of pictures, but I still wish we had done more! It was a nice 'splurge' for us. Especially since we went with a large group of family, so in addition to all the ones I got of my family of 4, any with our large group were included as well. Plus I was able to get some with my dad and the kids, etc. Great keepsake.

My cruise is still WAY out in the future. If I could get the photos electronically, it would be well worth it to me. If I only get the hard copies, I will likely not buy the unlimited package. I'm on Jewel of the Seas, so I may be limited to hard copies, if I'm correctly understanding the responses here. However, with so much time before my embarkation day, that might change. (I hope!)

My disc does have the borders. Welcome aboard, different ports, dining room and date. I do remember when I viewed the pictures at the kiosk they didn't, but there was a notation that some would come with borders.

Heads up to folks linking 2 rooms with minors--make sure all your pictures are there before you sign for your CD. The majority of our families pictures were on my seapass card, but there were some different ones that were on the kids' room. Even though they had made a folder with both room numbers on it, on the final day the first preview of the CD only had the pictures linked to the kids' room. They got it all taken care of, but there's a big disclaimer that once you sign, you get what you get, so I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed. Also, take the time to match up all your printed pictures with the ones showing on the kiosk. It can be a pain when you have a bazillion, but I did find a couple of my daughter in one of the ports that they had to add back on to our room.

Glad we got the CD, we did a lot of pictures, but I still wish we had done more! It was a nice 'splurge' for us. Especially since we went with a large group of family, so in addition to all the ones I got of my family of 4, any with our large group were included as well. Plus I was able to get some with my dad and the kids, etc. Great keepsake.

We also got all the photos as you did. The disk only as we didn't want to carry all of the hardcopies on the airplane.

Not sure why the poster you responded to didn't. We did sometimes see the pictures hard copies posted on the wall and not on the kiosk or our cabin TV, but you are supposed to hand them (hard copies) to the photographers and ask them to manually add them to your folder then to your disk. They did, with not problem. This was the model for Celebrity, with RC slightly different. It was the greatest bargin of the cruise!

Does anyone know what the CD would cost for 5 night on the Explorer?

We would have 3 cabins linked and would probably do the unlimited package? I don't mind if it is only the CD without the prints but if the price is right maybe I will get both!

Does anyone know what the CD would cost for 5 night on the Explorer?

We would have 3 cabins linked and would probably do the unlimited package? I don't mind if it is only the CD without the prints but if the price is right maybe I will get both!

A lot depends on the date.... Here's a link to put in you Ship and Date to get various photo package prices.

http://www.mycruisephotos.com/RCI/Portal.aspx

Edited by funfamilyof6

The Premium Portrait Package is done on most RCCI ships in a studio setting as opposed to the portraits taken

So, just to confirm, these are the pictures on the white background? The ones where you schedule an appointment and they take pix for 15-20 mins? None of these are included?

So, just to confirm, these are the pictures on the white background? The ones where you schedule an appointment and they take pix for 15-20 mins? None of these are included?

I just checked the link supplied and it appears those white background and formal night posed photos are included. Unfortunately, the Jewel (my next ship) does not offer the photos on DVD, only hard copies. I don't always want 8" x 10" photos. In fact, usually, I want smaller photos. They nearly always print out the posed photos in 8" x 10" ONLY.

If they add the electronic package to Jewel, I'd probably get it. If it's prints only, I won't.

Edited by printingchick

I just checked the link supplied and it appears those white background and formal night posed photos are included.

Thanks - where did you see that though? I just followed the link and it said that "privately scheduled photography" was not included. Since you need to make an appointment for the white background pix, I think it falls into that category.

Can anyone confirm? How do people rack up 100+ pix?? I don't recall there being that many photo ops

How do people rack up 100+ pix?? I don't recall there being that many photo ops

When you travel with teen girls that LOVE the camera its not too difficult! (I knew they didn't have to use the ladies room during dinner THAT often!) :D

That is correct. The one's that are taken in the portrait studio that you have to make an appointment for are not included in the photo package. The one's that are taken around the ship, e.g. "Formal nights," are. They are the ones that they shoot against various backdrops. They usually set up outside the main dining rooms. As I said in my post we make up regular photo albums to put the ships photos and the ones we take in. We also put in any other memories that we have from the cruise. We have an album fro every cruise we went on. We do put the photos on the computer too. When we first started cruising the only way you could do it was in regular photo albums so we kept up the practice. enjoy your cruise. God bless

Any you'd like to share? I'd love to get some ideas for funny poses since I'm travelling with three noobies including an 11 year old boy. Don't need 100 pics of us all staring straight into the camera. I figure I'll give the kid the bunny ears at embarkation, but, other than that......

Oh - I hear you. Two years ago, we tried to take a lot of 'nice' pictures (otherwise known as staring right into the camera) and were disappointed with most of them. Inevitably, one of us either had their eyes closed, we had an odd look on our face or we looked too robotic. Last year, we could only manage a short repositioning cruise on another cruise line, and for the sake of an annual family picture, we sought out a photographer for a quick few photos. My DD and I were the ones who instigated the whole thing, and at the last moment would make a face. My DH and DS were unsure of what was happening with us, and their faces reflected that. When we found our picture the next day, we absolutely doubled over in laughter as we looked hilarious. We paid the $25.00, and had it framed. It was THE picture to see in our home. And that's how it all began.

This time round, we would tell the photographers that we don't like the normal posing pictures and wanted fun / silly ones. They would position us somewhat, and just before they'd snap - we'd pose, or do what we agreed on quickly. We'd salute, snarl at each other, blow in each others faces, whatever came to mind - we were just our usual silly selves. What perhaps added to the pictures, was that they were always on formal or dressy nights. Most of the photographers played right along with us and had a good laugh. We now have the best photos ever! Yes, we did take a few nice ones in between as well. Our kids were dreading taking pictures, but ended up having a blast.

Unfortunately I don't know how to post pictures to CC so I have none to show you. I suggest that you just be your fun selves, and be spontaneous. :)

Oh - I hear you. Two years ago, we tried to take a lot of 'nice' pictures (otherwise known as staring right into the camera) and were disappointed with most of them. Inevitably, one of us either had their eyes closed, we had an odd look on our face or we looked too robotic. Last year, we could only manage a short repositioning cruise on another cruise line, and for the sake of an annual family picture, we sought out a photographer for a quick few photos. My DD and I were the ones who instigated the whole thing, and at the last moment would make a face. My DH and DS were unsure of what was happening with us, and their faces reflected that. When we found our picture the next day, we absolutely doubled over in laughter as we looked hilarious. We paid the $25.00, and had it framed. It was THE picture to see in our home. And that's how it all began.

This time round, we would tell the photographers that we don't like the normal posing pictures and wanted fun / silly ones. They would position us somewhat, and just before they'd snap - we'd pose, or do what we agreed on quickly. We'd salute, snarl at each other, blow in each others faces, whatever came to mind - we were just our usual silly selves. What perhaps added to the pictures, was that they were always on formal or dressy nights. Most of the photographers played right along with us and had a good laugh. We now have the best photos ever! Yes, we did take a few nice ones in between as well. Our kids were dreading taking pictures, but ended up having a blast.

Unfortunately I don't know how to post pictures to CC so I have none to show you. I suggest that you just be your fun selves, and be spontaneous. :)

We had great pics taken on most of our cruises. sure we had some that were not the best, but when you have the package you take 125 to ? photos so you have 50 plus good one's. We especially like the funny white background on the floor poses when you have to remove your shoes. Many photographers will let you do funny poses. When we get home, we put the pics from the disk on the computer and make great albums. We really prefer the disk as scanning the hard copies is a long process

Edited by Cruise a holic

On my spring break Indy cruise there were multiple photo ops every night except the first and last. Rarely was there a line. The photographers usually did our family of 3 first then just my DD and then asked about DH and I. We also got Mom/daughter and dad/daughter. They will take any grouping you ask. My DD likes posing so photos encouraged her.

We did get white background shots. We saw a large group getting a white shot and then saw the print in the gallery, not sure if it was "scheduled"

We have about 6 pics taken on beach in Labadee. Often we had to look for pics of just my DD and have added to disc, but we did this a few times during the cruise.

My photos have borders of welcome to, sailing on embark etc

My family of 3 came home with just over 100 pics. Some are not good eyes closed, but I think I made out.

If you want pics and family can tolerate getting them taken a lot the package can work for you!

I would do again.

On my spring break Indy cruise there were multiple photo ops every night except the first and last. Rarely was there a line. The photographers usually did our family of 3 first then just my DD and then asked about DH and I. We also got Mom/daughter and dad/daughter. They will take any grouping you ask. My DD likes posing so photos encouraged her.

We did get white background shots. We saw a large group getting a white shot and then saw the print in the gallery, not sure if it was "scheduled"

We have about 6 pics taken on beach in Labadee. Often we had to look for pics of just my DD and have added to disc, but we did this a few times during the cruise.

My photos have borders of welcome to, sailing on embark etc

My family of 3 came home with just over 100 pics. Some are not good eyes closed, but I think I made out.

If you want pics and family can tolerate getting them taken a lot the package can work for you!

I would do again.

When you think that the average picture price is $20. You definately did great! Funny, when we took our grandchildren on the Allure and Oasis, we had over 300 photo's. They loved taking pictures and finding every possible photo opportunity. The photographers loved them and we even have pics taken with the kids and the photographer!

Edited by Cruise a holic

When you think that the average picture price is $20. You definately did great! Funny, when we took our grandchildren on the Allure and Oasis, we had over 300 photo's. They loved taking pictures and finding every possible photo opportunity. The photographers loved them and we even have pics taken with the kids and the photographer!

You did WAY better!

I really would by disc again and would decided about prints on the ship.

Anyone have any idea if staff photographers roam around on Labadee? Maybe specifically the cabanas or activities?

Yes, we saw the photographers in a few places on Labadee last November and December. Mostly on the public paths. Don't know about the cabanas, but you might be able to persuade one of them to wander over there and take some photos if you want.

The price is based on the boat you are on. Some are just more expensive than others. Allure and Oasis will cost you 299 for all digital photos.

Actually it's $349! That's a pretty hefty price for pictures. Does anyone know if you get the smaller package, 15 pics do you get them on a CD or the actual photos?

Actually it's $349! That's a pretty hefty price for pictures. Does anyone know if you get the smaller package, 15 pics do you get them on a CD or the actual photos?

yes they do offer less prints, but not on CD . While the price seems hefty, if you consider you can get 100 plus pics, more if you have kids with you, we got over 300 on the allure, and the average cost is $20 per pic, it is a bargain To each his own Some people would prefer to spend on a fancy expensive dinner with wine

Edited by Cruise a holic

O

I suggest that you just be your fun selves, and be spontaneous. :)

Well, we tried! Here is our group that decided at the last minute to flash the VA sign since we are from VA. As you can see, one flashed VA, One flashed AV, I flashed AA and I don't know what the little boy is doing, but, he sure looks happy!ry%3D400

Well, we tried! Here is our group that decided at the last minute to flash the VA sign since we are from VA. As you can see, one flashed VA, One flashed AV, I flashed AA and I don't know what the little boy is doing, but, he sure looks happy!

Love it....very cute!!!

Edited by funfamilyof6

We got got off os FOS on Sunday. I ordered the unlimited digital package online ahead of time. We had 3 cabins, with 2 adults and 4 kids. We ended up with over 330 photos (we traveled with a larger group and some photos just included one of us and a bunch of them).

We stopped at as many photo ops as possible. By the 3rd day, the photographers all knew us and my son had a reputation with them all, lol :) We were disappointed there were no photo ops on boarding day other than as we boarded.

We ended up purchasing all of the prints on the last day. As you can imagine, we had quite a stack. Now, I must say, with this many photos, it was a lot of work. Each day I would spend time gathering up all of the prints I could find and sitting at a kiosk making sure all of the prints were in my account. I would then give the staff the stack of ones in my account to put in my folder and also give them a stack that needed to be added to my account. By the end, the photo recognition was getting most of them. The photo recognition does not work well on the pool or port photos where you are wearing sunglass or your hair is wet and you aren't looking directly into the camera.

A few other notes ... there were no photo ops on day 7 either which was a disappointment. They were out and about on Labadee and we got a lot of pics there while in the water.

There is one regular photo op station with a large white screen and i highly recommend getting photos done there. Those are some of the best we got.

Just be prepared to do a lot of leg work to be sure you get all of your photos!! The responsibility is all on you to be sure you are getting what you paid for!!

RFR-130404-LspF2-1777258.jpg.71fcceb58d6fe8bd5be2cea78ed7ad69.jpg

Not to beat a dead horse, but I cant decide if it is worth it for us. :o

It is just dh and I. Last cruise (7 nighter, 5 ports) we bought 5 pics (3 formal and 2 ports). I recall debating buying more, but we didnt love them so we stuck with only 5. This cruise is a 9 nighter, 6 ports included Labadee. We didnt see any roaming photographers on our last RCCL cruise in 2011. Even if we buy a pic from each port and a couple formal night pics, it is way less than the unlimited package. Is there a chance for a lot more random pics that make the package worth it (maybe at Labadee)?

The unlimited photo package (CD is not available) is $225 for our sailing and I just dont think we can even recoup that let alone get a value from it, but maybe I'm wrong??

Edited by Raenstoirm