Unlimited Photo Package

I think I would have been OK with the package had I seen ANY photographers somewhere other than their "formal" set ups before dinner. Typically, they do roam the ship taking candid pictures. In our case, we never saw one walking around other than one night at Tides. The icing on the cake was when they left early the day we finally were in a port. Our excursion didn't meet until 11:45, so we got off the ship at 11:15 with no photographer in sight.

Exactly. We ended up with 40 photos of which only 10 or so will we use. And there was no discount from buying on the ship. I'm glad to have all the pictures now since I felt it was ok to have lots of poses when we were able to find a photographer, but would we do it again? No.

One thing I did like was a formal set up for one of the informal nights. There was a white backdrop with props for posing. Those were our best pictures and they were included.

We got got off os FOS on Sunday. I ordered the unlimited digital package online ahead of time. We had 3 cabins, with 2 adults and 4 kids. We ended up with over 330 photos (we traveled with a larger group and some photos just included one of us and a bunch of them).

We stopped at as many photo ops as possible. By the 3rd day, the photographers all knew us and my son had a reputation with them all, lol :) We were disappointed there were no photo ops on boarding day other than as we boarded.

We ended up purchasing all of the prints on the last day. As you can imagine, we had quite a stack. Now, I must say, with this many photos, it was a lot of work. Each day I would spend time gathering up all of the prints I could find and sitting at a kiosk making sure all of the prints were in my account. I would then give the staff the stack of ones in my account to put in my folder and also give them a stack that needed to be added to my account. By the end, the photo recognition was getting most of them. The photo recognition does not work well on the pool or port photos where you are wearing sunglass or your hair is wet and you aren't looking directly into the camera.

A few other notes ... there were no photo ops on day 7 either which was a disappointment. They were out and about on Labadee and we got a lot of pics there while in the water.

There is one regular photo op station with a large white screen and i highly recommend getting photos done there. Those are some of the best we got.

Just be prepared to do a lot of leg work to be sure you get all of your photos!! The responsibility is all on you to be sure you are getting what you paid for!!

That is a beautiful picture!

That is a beautiful picture!

Thank you. We got sooooo many great photos it is hard to pick our favorites but the ones with the white background really do look great. Even one of the photographers told us we needed to be sure to have ones taken at that station.

Adding in another one of the ones I like in front of the white screen.

RFR-130404-LspF2-1777254.jpg.eec709b3b83533b511c90015d7a21e27.jpg

Is yours a short cruise? The unlimited photo packages available for my 7-nighter are $240 for digital CD or $340 for CD + prints.

Is unlimited truly unlimited? Can you get every picture that they have taken of you burned onto the CD?

I agree with the comments about wanting more photos in a "non posed" setting. It'd be great if the photographers roam the ship and take random candid pictures or if RCI paid to put them on some excursions.

Otherwise why would I want 15 or so posed pictures of me and DW? We might put one up for display on the mantle, but we're not going to put all those pictures around the house.

I agree with the comments about wanting more photos in a "non posed" setting. It'd be great if the photographers roam the ship and take random candid pictures or if RCI paid to put them on some excursions.

Otherwise why would I want 15 or so posed pictures of me and DW? We might put one up for display on the mantle, but we're not going to put all those pictures around the house.

Today many people use electronic picture frames and screen savers in lieu of hard copy framed prints. It is great to have the pictures randomly rotate.

Wonderful way to display

The good thing with the unlimited photo package that you buy ahead of time is that you get the digitial copy rights, so you can make multiple prints once you get home at different sizes.

We are considering this package as well when we sail on Freedom in May!

thank you Good to know

ON FOS last week the photographers could be found in the pool area on the first day at sea, they tooks pics of people on the flowrider that day as well and then on the beach/in the water at Labadee. Then they were also in the dining room on the formal nights. Still not necessarily "candid" but not the posed types either.

I'm sailing in June on the Oasis, does anyone know are there other photo opportunities other than the ones with the backdrop. Meaning do the photographers walk around the ship so if we are by the pool they can take a pic??

I'm sailing in June on the Oasis, does anyone know are there other photo opportunities other than the ones with the backdrop. Meaning do the photographers walk around the ship so if we are by the pool they can take a pic??

Pictures are taken when you leave ship at each port. Also in diningrooms and specialty restaurants. Photographers walk around the pool area, central park and bars and do random shots

• 4 months later...
4 night enchantment cruise for Feb. Trying to find prices for photo package:confused:

Go to mycruisephotos.com an enter the requested information regarding your upcoming sailing. You will get the price when you enter the date of your sailing and the ship you are sailing on. However, it is too soon. Typically it is listed about 4-6 weeks before the sailing. We always order before the sailing as we have noticed it is about $50 cheaper- hopefully things haven't changed.

Enjoy your cruise

Go to mycruisephotos.com an enter the requested information regarding your upcoming sailing. You will get the price when you enter the date of your sailing and the ship you are sailing on. However, it is too soon. Typically it is listed about 4-6 weeks before the sailing. We always order before the sailing as we have noticed it is about $50 cheaper- hopefully things haven't changed.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks, but it will not let me see a price until 4-6wks out and we do not leave until Feb.

Anyone do this recently

and have a price :)

Thanks, but it will not let me see a price until 4-6wks out and we do not leave until Feb.

Anyone do this recently

and have a price :)

Was $249 for all prints on a CD. But that was a few months ago- If you want the prints and the CD price is more- but we got the CD only.

Perhaps somebody has more recent information. Remember also that the price in February may be different.

• 2 months later...

I posted this on another similar thread in reply to someone asking if the printed photos was worth the extra $100. Basically-yes. This was our experience on the Oasis 10/13 and Allure 6/12. Those ship will also have many more photo ops so its easy to get 200-300 photos without really trying too hard. This is not my full review of the photo process though.

------------------------------------------

This is from our experience, so take it for what it's worth.

I would add the prints now instead of waiting (justified below). I don't work for RCI, but know about photography, and how their systems work from experience. Plus, I've heard bad stories with adding options after you board since the two systems are separate and that info doesn't cross over to theirs. You actually have to add the package to your account on board, but they will remove any charges (be sure to confirm this). I beleive you have to do this, so they know to generate the CD.

Prints were $20.95 for 8x10 and $14.95 for 5x7's on the Oasis last month. Most of them are the 8x10 size. Some of the port photos are the smaller size.

5-8x10's would already be over $100. But, you can have the digital ones printed yourself. But even if you had about 100 shots, you couldn't print all those for $100. Even at Costco (which I can't recommend, 100 printed 8x10's would be over $200) You can use the extras for giving to family, etc.

My recommendation to anyone getting the unlimted, take as many photos as you can stand. You never know which ones will be the best and it gives you more options. Plus not all photographers are the best. We've had the occasional photgrapher take horrible photos. You will soon learn which ones are better.

Also, check the kiosks against those that were printed or mabe damaged/bent. If any are missing (not printed), you can order these on the kiosk and not be charged. I did this since about 50 of ours were missing. It will show a cost (mine was over $1000), but they didn't charge me. For extra measure, tell someone at the counter that they were missing and they will note this on your account so you are not charged.

Final word of advice with pre-paid packages--take two copies of your receipt!! And check your account the night before you debark to make sure no extra photo charges are there for the unlimited packages. Either prepay for everything you want, or pay on board. Don't try to mix the two.

I've generally been happy with the product. It could be better, but this is a high production (some loss of quality) process. You can always edit these in photoshop or aperture or some other program if you get the CD to get rid of any glare or overexposure. Centering and blurry issues can't be fixed. They give you all photos that were taken, even the bad ones. A normal photographer would edit the photos and delete the bad ones. At least with the CD, you can do the editing yourself if you know how.

Edited by m*u*g*

Respot from June 2012. May be some good info here.

====================================

My post cruise post regarding photos on Allure 6/2012:

Just got back from the Allure. We pre-paid for the unlimited Digital and Prints package for $449 ($499 on ship). 8x10's are $19.95 each, 5x8's (outdoor port debarkation photos) are $9.95 each.

We had two rooms (separate families) and we both got the package. Otherwise, I probably would not order the package normally. Any one who was in a photo with us went on our CD plus the prints. Occasionally, we would get printed photos from the group in the 2nd room and we were not in them, but they were not on the CD. I probably got 40-50 of those. Probably miss tagged or room card wasn't used.

The photos on the CD DO include the artistic borders like those seen on the actual prints. I had hoped the borders wouldn't be there for reprints on my own. I can crop some of these on my own in Aperture (Mac software). The photos come locked on the CD with a watermark until unlocked using a software on the CD that loads on your computer (Adobe Air).

We ended up with a little over 300 photos on our room and the other room had even more. They love having their photo made. But, the photogs do take about 10-15 photos in any one setting depending on the group size , so it doesn't take long to get this many. You could easily double this with extra time committed. I was more concerned about quality than the number of photos. They do include bad photos (eyes closed, etc.) they print everything (except the ones I really wanted). You can order missing/damaged prints from the kiosk at no extra charge, plus they will be included in the unlimited package at no charge even though the kiosk gives you a price. I did this and it went OK. But do it early in the week or you will wait in line prior to leaving.

The plain white and black backgrounds were probably the best, plus they stand the test of time. Dress accordingly to what you want.

TAKE YOUR RECEIPT FROM WHEN YOU ORDERED THE PACKAGE IF ORDERED BEFORE THE CRUISE. (our order info wasn't in their system and glad I brought it)

Their accounting/ordering/checkout process was not good, unless all you wanted was a print or two. Do Not order the CD package if you have an early return flight. LONG LINES. With only two people working. Where were the other 20 photographers on checkout day? They said the CD would be ready the night before, but wasn't. Plus, initially, we had to order the package again once on-board, so it shows on our account. They take off the charge, but it's a hassle. Especially if the same person pays for both rooms. Original receipt is crucial (I had to show it numerous times). **Update-on 10/12/13 cruise-got all photos and CD the night before, even reprints that were missing by 7:00pm the last night.**

In all, the photos were pretty good. If you care, get to know the good photographers and stick with them. For camera techies: not all their camera equipment is the same. I saw a range from Nikon D90 to a D300S (sparing you the technical details), but it can make a difference in photo quality. But the biggest thing affecting quality is always the photographer.

If you only plan to buy less than 10 photos (which is the majority of people), it doesn't matter. You will find enough good ones.

Respot from June 2012. May be some good info here.

====================================

My post cruise post regarding photos on Allure 6/2012:

Just got back from the Allure. We pre-paid for the unlimited Digital and Prints package for $449 ($499 on ship). 8x10's are $19.95 each, 5x8's (outdoor port debarkation photos) are $9.95 each.

We had two rooms (separate families) and we both got the package. Otherwise, I probably would not order the package normally. Any one who was in a photo with us went on our CD plus the prints. Occasionally, we would get printed photos from the group in the 2nd room and we were not in them, but they were not on the CD. I probably got 40-50 of those. Probably miss tagged or room card wasn't used.

The photos on the CD DO include the artistic borders like those seen on the actual prints. I had hoped the borders wouldn't be there for reprints on my own. I can crop some of these on my own in Aperture (Mac software). The photos come locked on the CD with a watermark until unlocked using a software on the CD that loads on your computer (Adobe Air).

We ended up with a little over 300 photos on our room and the other room had even more. They love having their photo made. But, the photogs do take about 10-15 photos in any one setting depending on the group size , so it doesn't take long to get this many. You could easily double this with extra time committed. I was more concerned about quality than the number of photos. They do include bad photos (eyes closed, etc.) they print everything (except the ones I really wanted). You can order missing/damaged prints from the kiosk at no extra charge, plus they will be included in the unlimited package at no charge even though the kiosk gives you a price. I did this and it went OK. But do it early in the week or you will wait in line prior to leaving.

The plain white and black backgrounds were probably the best, plus they stand the test of time. Dress accordingly to what you want.

TAKE YOUR RECEIPT FROM WHEN YOU ORDERED THE PACKAGE IF ORDERED BEFORE THE CRUISE. (our order info wasn't in their system and glad I brought it)

Their accounting/ordering/checkout process was not good, unless all you wanted was a print or two. Do Not order the CD package if you have an early return flight. LONG LINES. With only two people working. Where were the other 20 photographers on checkout day? They said the CD would be ready the night before, but wasn't. Plus, initially, we had to order the package again once on-board, so it shows on our account. They take off the charge, but it's a hassle. Especially if the same person pays for both rooms. Original receipt is crucial (I had to show it numerous times). **Update-on 10/12/13 cruise-got all photos and CD the night before, even reprints that were missing by 7:00pm the last night.**

In all, the photos were pretty good. If you care, get to know the good photographers and stick with them. For camera techies: not all their camera equipment is the same. I saw a range from Nikon D90 to a D300S (sparing you the technical details), but it can make a difference in photo quality. But the biggest thing affecting quality is always the photographer.

If you only plan to buy less than 10 photos (which is the majority of people), it doesn't matter. You will find enough good ones.

We always take the package as I previously described and order from the Image Group directly. Agree you must cross check photos kiosk vs. hard copies to make sure all is included. We prefer the disk, as the copies of for example 150 photos are too heavy to carry. When we get home, my DH can email photos or create a photo book without having to spend hours scanning the hard copies. we can also Scan only those pictures we desire.

It is so easy to get more then 10 pictures. Boarding, ports, formal night and all others, IMO it is the only "bargain"

on the cruise. If you are traveling with children wonderful memories for all! In Jan, we are sailing one week on Celebrity and the next on RC, we will take photo package on both! Too bad they don't discount for this type of package.

I will be traveling with my family of 11 and in 4 different rooms. If I purchase a package will/can all of my party's photos be included in the price and if so how can I be sure that is accomplished? Thanks in advance for any info.

When I travelled with my grandchildren- we had adjoining cabins and it wasn't a problem. Cannot answer you question. I would suggest that you contact the image group (mycruisephotos) or RC directly.

On our next cruise, we will be traveling with friends. But I "assume" if we take a few pictures of the four of us, it will not be a problem as the facial recognition should include the picture in our package and perhaps theirs. If the pictures aren't on our disk, I will ask them to manually add it.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Can the photo package substitute carrying around a camera everywhere on the ship?

Also, is the unlimited package worth it on a 5 night cruise with 2 people? Will the photographers come on the shore excursions?

Edited by suvat

I will be traveling with my family of 11 and in 4 different rooms. If I purchase a package will/can all of my party's photos be included in the price and if so how can I be sure that is accomplished? Thanks in advance for any info.

We had the unlimited package this spring. I was told that under my one package, the staterooms my immediate (DH, kids and myself) were booked in were included. If others were in those cabins, they were also included. We had 3 cabins and booked my family of 4 across 3 of those cabins in order for all 6 people in my party to be included. ANY picture that any 6 of us were in we got as part of the package, this included group shots of our larger traveling party, as long as one of us was in it. Now, we ended up with about 330 photos!!! We plan on doing the same thing this spring break. 3 cabins for 6 of us (taking grandparents this time) and my kids are each booked with a grandparent so they will be included.

For an extended family, the policies state that they can get a package at a discount but that they are not included all in one.

We purchased the unlimited digital ahead of time and ended up adding the prints while on board after seeing how many we had. I have tried to have reprints done of some of the best photos and the quality from a place like Costco or even one of the big online places is just not near as good as the prints on board. I am definitely impressed with their quality of prints.

This past March on our 8 day Indy cruise I purchased the unlimited package...the disc and as with the poster above added the prints on board. I ended up with duplicate prints b/c of a computer glitch. Biggest problem was the photo kiosks get really packed toward the end of the cruise. We dressed for dinner every night so we got pics taken every night. Most nights we got family pics as well as just my DD we even got couple pics and me with DD and DD and DH. I think this was worth while for us.

FYI 5x7 prints are more like 6x8, I guess because of borders/frames. I just trimmed the pics and framed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the unlimited package and am planning to take lots of photos. We have 8 (2 kids and 6 adults) people in our group which consist of grandparents, cousin and aunt and uncle. I have 3 people in my cabin (me, DH and DS) so as long as one of us is in the photo, it is part of our package. And we are planning to take photos in all sorts of combination and lots of it (hopefully every night)

2 kids, family group photo, grandparents and kid, DH and DS, DS and I, DH and I, my parents and I, and a whole lot of other combinations. You get the idea :)

My question is will the other passengers who want their photo taken as well get annoyed having to wait while we are hogging the photographer and wanting all these different combination of photos? Will the photographer say 'sorry, you can't take so many photos because there's a queue and other people need their photos taken as well'?