Unlimited Photo Package

I would only buy the video if we were involved in a lot of ship sponsored events.

The pictures are *so* worth it. We ended up buying the 10 for one price once we were on the ship and I wish we had bought the bigger package of unlimited photos. IIRC, the unlimited package was 299 online and 399 if you bought it on the ship (7 day Freedom sailing). We did get to pick some free stock photos they had on board as well.

DH and I cruise by ourselves and this way we get a lot of shots together, which we never get otherwise. I cannot tell you how many times we have shots of each of us standing in front of something, but never together! I like the corny port shots standing in front of the podium with the port name on it, so YMMV. :)

BTW, you can go to the website and sign up and they will email when your cruise package comes online. That is, they only put the packages up for sale a few weeks before your cruise, but if you tell them the date and ship of your sailing, they will email you when you can buy the package.

I want to purchase the photo package for our cruise this weekend. Is it better to buy it now, before I board, or better to purchase once I board? What are your experiences? I am Diamond: any chance there might be a discount coupon for this?

I want to purchase the photo package for our cruise this weekend. Is it better to buy it now, before I board, or better to purchase once I board? What are your experiences? I am Diamond: any chance there might be a discount coupon for this?

Once on board you do get a discount coupon, but it has been my experience that with the coupon, going direct was cheaper.

Once on board you do get a discount coupon, but it has been my experience that with the coupon, going direct was cheaper.

You CAN apply the coupon even if you prepay. I usually prepay as many things as possible before the cruise so it's all paid for before we go. Usually (not always) there is a slight discount if you pre purchase.

Found this in the FAQs but naturally after I asked and got my question answered.

-Is the Cruise DVD a personalized video of my family’s voyage?

-No, the Cruise DVD is a highlight reel of your voyage and is meant to be a video keepsake of your on board experience.

I like the answers I got better. ;)

Thanks so much for pointing the package out. This is yet another example of how important Cruise Critic is. I wouldn't have known without it since we tend to avoid pictures to avoid the temptation of overspending. But this will be our first cruise with the kids and I think these pictures will be priceless.

Edited by cathep

I see that an unlimited photo package for our upcoming cruise is $179. How much do photos cost if you buy them separately? Sounds like you would have to take A LOT of photos to get your money's worth - or are photographers around every corner now? We are sailing on Jewel of the Seas in two weeks.

I was on the Navigator last week. 8x10s were $17 and the smaller ones were $13.

The package is a great deal! Even though the pictures on your voyage were lower then most

It is only a great deal if you normally purchase a lot of pictures. The unlimited package on my cruise was over $200 and I spent less then $200 on photographs.

Edited by Cuizer2

In looking at the online pre-purchase price for this stuff, it doesn't appear to be any different than the on board pricing. Am I missing something? We are D+ and planned to buy the unlimited CD with the prints ($100 extra). What is the benefit to purchasing ahead of time?

On the Allure cruise we did, once onboard the unlimited CD price was $100 more than what we prepaid. We added the additional unlimited prints onboard for an additional $100 so got both for the onboard price of the CD alone. This was June 2102. I second the recommendation to use a credit card with no foreign transaction fees if ordering in advance. I totally missed that I was dealing with Grand Cayman company! What a surprise when I got my CC bill.

we would never buy a package when it is just the two of us but with the grandkids it is definitely worth it.

resstation, im following you on the jewel. I also plan to get the unlimited package, would much prefer to get a CD than actual prints to get all wrinkled on the way home. Please come back and post if they did have the CD. Thanks!!

I will post for you, but from what I understand at this point, they do not have the technology set up to provide the CD on the Jewel yet. I think it is going to be put in place after the refurbishment. If this is not correct, I'll let you know when we get back.

SO EXCITED!! Thanks to everyone for their very helpful information!

I will post for you, but from what I understand at this point, they do not have the technology set up to provide the CD on the Jewel yet. I think it is going to be put in place after the refurbishment. If this is not correct, I'll let you know when we get back.

SO EXCITED!! Thanks to everyone for their very helpful information!

Hi, Ive been looking at the website too. We are two cabins together. On ships that do have the CD, you pay for unlimited for one and get the other room 1/2 off. I do not see anywhere where it says we can do that with the prints only option. That would be awesome! The person under 21 is in a cabin with his dad. :(

Adding children 21 and under to one Get the Picture! disc

Modified on: Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM

We can link multiple staterooms under one account only if the occupants of the extra staterooms are the children 21 and under of the purchasing stateroom. If you meet these terms, please visit the Photo Gallery when you arrive onboard and speak to a photographer. We are not able to link your staterooms before your cruise. If you do not meet these terms, you need to purchase one package per stateroom in order to receive all of the photos of your group or family.

If you are traveling across multiple staterooms, you will receive the photos you take as a family if a member of the purchasing stateroom is in the photo. Special events* or photos with more than 20 guests are not included. This is a good option for guests who have children older than 21 or are traveling with extended family, but would still like their family photos included.

This is for ships that have the CD. The Jewel does not have the CD.

*Special events include weddings, Quinceneras and privately scheduled photography

Edited by maureencruiser

amilies traveling together in multiple staterooms

Modified on: Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

For larger families traveling together across multiple staterooms, we offer a discount on Get the Picture! unlimited discs: Purchase Get the Picture! unlimited for one stateroom, and the second Get the Picture! unlimited disc is 50% off the onboard price.

For pre-cruise purchases on MyCruisePhotos.com, you may purchase the first disc online and additional discs can be purchased on board for 50% off the onboard price.

The following terms apply:

- The passenger manifest will be reviewed for all purchases, the Booking ID must match the purchasing cabins

- By General Rules and Exclusions, Group photos booked by special appointment and other special events (20+ people, cocktail parties, award ceremonies, etc.) are not included in the Get the Picture! digital photo disc.

Weddings/Quinces services are considered a separate entity and will not be included as part of the Get the Picture! digital photo disc.

Stock shots (i.e. photos of the ship, ship interiors and ports of call) are not included in the Get the Picture! digital photo disc.

Premium portrait photography is not included in the Get the Picture! digital photo disc. This is for the CD also, if guests in other syaterooms are over 21

Edited by maureencruiser

10 pics really isn't that many- think each port, boarding a few on formal nights and other nights- If you pay $249- (maybe a little more on board) you could have everything and not worry about choice- but of course you do what works for your budget.

In any case a great memory of a good time!

I am glad we didn't do the $300 package, because when we got all our photos there were 57 taken and only about 12 we liked! I guess if I had prepaid, we would have tried for more photos. So I bought the 10 digital package for $150 and that worked out well.

I also have kids who balk at posing, so this worked best for us! (FOS - 7 night)

What ship are you on?

We are on Explorer, we have 3 rooms with linked reservations.

The 4 girls are split into the two cabins on either side of me & my DH,

all of them are under 21.

They all love the camera and 2 of the 4 are very excited first time cruisers so we don't want to miss any great photos!

Thank you for the helpful information :)

On the Allure cruise we did, once onboard the unlimited CD price was $100 more than what we prepaid. We added the additional unlimited prints onboard for an additional $100 so got both for the onboard price of the CD alone. This was June 2102. I second the recommendation to use a credit card with no foreign transaction fees if ordering in advance. I totally missed that I was dealing with Grand Cayman company! What a surprise when I got my CC bill.

we would never buy a package when it is just the two of us but with the grandkids it is definitely worth it.

Shoot! I forgot and put this on my regular AmEx. Darn!

And I agree that kids on the cruise makes the difference in buying the package. Their godmother is cruising with us, so I want lots of pictures of all of them.

I just ordered this today for our upcoming FOS cruise. The prepay price was $279 (no tax) for this cruise for all of the digital prints. It was another $100 if we wanted all of the actual printed photos as well but I figure it is cheaper to just select the actual size I want and have them printed at our favorite photo place (like Costco).

We are 2 adults with our 2 children and their 2 friends spread across 3 cabins. All cabins will be included in the package (per a company rep) so any photo any of us are in will be included. Since we are traveling with an even larger group, I see the 6 of us being in TONS of photos. The girls are really looking forward to taking advantage of it.

If you are on our upcoming FOS sailing I apologize ahead of time for the girls hogging the phtographers :)

WARNING: If you order online, be sure to use a credit card that does not charge an international transaction fee or you will be out an additional $15 or so.

I read your post and literally laughed out loud! We have the same arrangement with girls/3 cabins & I was thinking the same thing about them hogging the photographers! They love the camera!

On our last cruise we were a large group and all the teen cousins did the same thing, they weren't causing a stir though, they were good about it and only went over if there wasn't a line (at our strong suggestion).

When you return from your cruise please post if you were happy with the unlimited photo package option, we are probably going to order it, not sure if I should reserve online or when we board?

We got the photo package and it was totally worth it. Just to have all the port photos with the destination printed on it were worth it to separate days in our photo album. We made sure we took pics every night (we dress for dinner every night) and came home with over 100 photos. Of course, they weren't all good but I feel like we made out quite well. We would definitely buy it again.

BTW: we bought it online before the cruise and met some people who bought it on board who said they paid more than we did for it.

Edited by JulieRose