Simply the Best! Allure of the Seas E. Caribbean March 3rd-10th with pics!!

<3 Missy <3

P.S. Have a solo cruise coming up AND another cruise this fall! So excited if all goes well!! :D

LOL! It sure didn't take long to get you bitten by the cruise bug, did it? It is contagious.:cool:

Lovin' your review and great photos. Looking forward to seeing more from you. Makes me wish my Allure cruise was just around the corner!! Want to be there now! You got to be on her and are now writing a fun review. I am jealous ... as Ziggy's pals would be, if they knew where he had just been!

Ziggy_zpsea602af5.jpg

Not that is hilarious!:D

Lovin' your review and great photos. Looking forward to seeing more from you. Makes me wish my Allure cruise was just around the corner!! Want to be there now! You got to be on her and are now writing a fun review. I am jealous ... as Ziggy's pals would be, if they knew where he had just been!

Ziggy_zpsea602af5.jpg

OH that is too funny!!! Just the laugh I needed this morning!!!

Welcome to any new readers and welcome back to everyone!! I have a question for my cruise critic family, I'm looking at planning a solo cruise for myself and being that I work part time in retail and am a college student, funds are a smidge tight but I'm looking to cruise again as a solo on a short trip and write another review (plus want to take Ziggy on another cruise as well!) I know its off topic, but what cruise line would you like to see me on with Ziggy next?

1. Smaller Royal Caribbean Ship (Jewel, Navigator, etc.)

2. Holland America Line

3. Carnival

4. Princess Cruises

Let me know throughout the review!

Should have some more posted later this morning or this evening (gotta go to this thing called work today)

<3 Missy <3

OH that is too funny!!! Just the laugh I needed this morning!!!

Welcome to any new readers and welcome back to everyone!! I have a question for my cruise critic family, I'm looking at planning a solo cruise for myself and being that I work part time in retail and am a college student, funds are a smidge tight but I'm looking to cruise again as a solo on a short trip and write another review (plus want to take Ziggy on another cruise as well!) I know its off topic, but what cruise line would you like to see me on with Ziggy next?

1. Smaller Royal Caribbean Ship (Jewel, Navigator, etc.)

2. Holland America Line

3. Carnival

4. Princess Cruises

Let me know throughout the review!

Should have some more posted later this morning or this evening (gotta go to this thing called work today)

<3 Missy <3

It really depends on what you want, Holland is an older age demographic. Carnival could be a good option as long as you are out of spring break and the ship does not break down ;). Princess again is an older age demographic but lots of people like it (our next cruise will most likely be on Royal Princess).

You also forgot NCL, it is a fun line and with good prices as long as you're not looking at one of their new vessels.

Another option is Celebrity, but not sure if its what you're looking for.

If I was you I would stick to RCCL, NCL or CCL.

Happy sailings :)

Enjoying your - and Ziggy's - adventures so much! Everyone has to have a pineapple drink at least once!

As for future solo cruises. I think another RC would be a good choice. NCL somewhat caters to solo cruisers - we've never had a bad cruise on an NCL ship. They also have "freestyle dining", with a good selection of restaurants. At your age I think I would give Holland-America a pass - they cater to a much older crowd than you and Ziggy! (I presume he will be going along). Celebrity, too, tends to have an older dynamic. Princess is a good line - but you may find the majority of cruisers a bit older than yourself - I think alot depends on the time of year. Many, many people love Carnival (just check out their forum) - and there are certainly lots of young people on board...

You sound like a girl who really appreciates nice things, nice surroundings and fun times - I think you'll find that RC and NCL (and perhaps Princess) will deliver what you want. Don't know how interested you are in sailing Disney - and you have to keep your eye out for bargains - they do exist! - but those are never-to-be-forgotten experiences! Amazing.

Missy, So a couple of things. This is a great review. I enjoy the first timer perspective. We will be on the Allure on the 31st so I am reading every word you have said. We sailed on her last year and this year will be going with DD and FSIL. On that note, good for you for not sharing a room with your BF because they will not be staying in the same room either. FSIL will be with DH and DD will be with me. You do not find that very often.

Also tell your BF THANK YOU for his service. It is very appreciated.

We also took a "mascot" with us on one of our last cruises. My nephew made us

"clay lump". That was his name because well, he was made out of clay. He went everywhere with us and he had his own photo album. I gave it to my nephew and he loved it.

Looking forward to more before we leave on our cruise. GREAT JOB.

Oh gosh guys! I feel like I neglected the review a bit! I've been a bit busy with work and such that I totally did forget to check in and update yesterday!! I'm sorry for that!

Thank you to those who've given their suggestions on where Ziggy and I should go next! The feedback as been wonderful. Still welcoming suggestions from anyone and everyone!

clwnmt2: Clay lump sounds fun!!! That's so similar to what I'm doing (or trying to do any how) with Ziggy. Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and so glad you've been enjoying it!

topanga49er: hmm... I had no idea that NCL had the ropes courses and waterslides....that sounds like fun! Definitely something to consider.

Relator at Sea: I have been DYING to cruise the Jewel after reading another fellow CC'ers review about her recent sailing on the Jewel and she seems like a beautiful vessel with a more intimate setting than that of the Oasis classes of ships. always willing to give it a try. The Jewel looks simply gorgeous so I just may not be able to pass up the opportunity....

reney and horseymike: Absolutely!!! I'm working on the next installment as we speak!

wnycruisefamily: that's exactly how I was before I sailed. I was going back and re-reading reviews on CC and getting so excited before I left for my cruise. Certainly did help pass the time before we left for the airport. Made the excitement so much more exciting.

Thank you all so much for the feedback and suggestions once again. I cannot say it enough! you all have been so wonderful so far and more is yet to come!

I'll have another trip review post tomorrow morning, hang in there and never fear, this is far from having a fizzle!

Be safe tonight and Happy St. Patricks Day (just sent the boyfriend off to work for the night and kinda panicked a bit due to the fact that there are so many drunk drivers on the road tonight or the potential for them to be on the road is there). Please please be careful CC friends! Whether you're on land or sea, don't let a drink be the last thing you see.

<3 Missy <3

Chapter 9: Surfs Up!

After a brief nap in the room, Rob decided to give the FlowRider another try and we went to scope out the line at the Pool and Sports Zone [Deck 16]. Considering the time of day, the wait was maybe about 4 or 5 people long but it moved relatively fast. I had yet to muster the courage to try the flow rider but Rob, being the strong willed and fearless one out of the both of us, stepped up to the challenge. He actually did very well! I was very impressed!!

th_DSCF4499_zpsb009240e.jpg

[side note: this was taken in Port Everglades on our first day on the ship. Rob wanted to try this immediately. The video is here purely for a reference]

For those unfamiliar with how the FlowRiders are set up, there are actually two surf simulators on the deck. One is a stand up version that is very much like classic surfing on the ocean (its actually a bit more advanced as well. Its designed for individuals 52 inches and taller. Sorry little tykes!). The second is a lay down/kneeling simulator that is more or less boogie boarding and is a bit easier for beginners or those looking for a gentler experience. On sea days, it can get a bit crowded due to everyone being on the ship but it makes for an amazing ocean view while boogie boarding.

After our boogie boarding adventure, we decided to head down to Cafe Promenade to grab a light snack before dinner. Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours and offers finger sandwiches and some very yummy deserts (specifically cookies and brownies). I opted for a ham and cheese croissant with an olive on top, chocolate chip cookies, and a brownie. Rob had the chocolate brownie and a chocolate chip cookie. The sandwich was quite tasty and made for a wonderful light weight snack. The cookie was soft and yummy and the chocolate chips melted in my mouth. Same with the brownie,perfectly moist and yummy!

DSCF4605_zpsc4728e28.jpg

After our light snack, we had some time to kill before dinner and I decided to snap a few photos in the Royal Promenade. It was a bit more calm than previous evenings so it made for getting the perfect shots.

DSCF4597_zps8fb7c282.jpg

the rising tide bar. This really cool bar would depart from the Promenade every 15 minutes. It would then rise upwards to Central Park and hang out there for 15 minutes. After that, it would let more guests on and then repeat its cycle. It looked super cool at night and during the day but we never rode it/ordered a drink on it.

DSCF4595_zps90c74884.jpg

I really "flipped" over these guys! XP.

DSCF4591_zps93faae0a.jpg

Ah the very adorable cupcake cupboard! Wish I had purchased a cupcake from here!

Now in some of the photos you can see those wonderful purell hand sanitizer dispensers. Well, we just so happend to have a few cases of norovirus on our sailing and that prompted the RCI staff to put out the sanitization stations for our health and well being. Apparently the virus was being spread and this was a method to kind of keep the spread under control. [we received a note in our stateroom on the 3rd day notifying us of the outbreak]. Not to worry, no one in our party caught the virus and we all were able to return home healthy. None the less, this was a cause of concern for me. Rob is a nurse back home and he reassured me that noro is a common cruise illness. So many people in one space = spread of sickness one way or the other. I guess its unavoidable sometime.

Now I forgot to mention that my evening got a little interesting. I had forgotten about the potential for becoming seasick even though my parents and darling boyfriend had warned me that this could happen. I did come armed with motion sickness meds in the event that I should need them and BOY did I need them! The ship was a smidge rocky and creaky and made me so very ill. I was miserable. It made just being awake for any sort of activity miserable. Feel as nauseated as I'll get out, we made our way back to get some motion sickness medicine before dinner. I certainly didn't want to be green in the photos nor feel so miserable that I wouldn't be able to enjoy my meal. I didn't know what to do and I hoped that it would pass.

Little did I know, things were only going to get a bit worse for me.

Coming up next: Rain Rain go away. Come again on a sea day!

Missy..your review is wonderful. I like the way you end each day with the elevator day of the week. You looked gorgeous in your red dress for the military ball. Thank you immensely.

You left us here worrying about you and being seasick!!

Lloyd..your pic is so adorable. Ziggy is cute and makes me want to go to Build a Bear before the cruise..:D

Laura

I love the photos of Ziggy! I'm bringing a little (and I mean little) friend as well! My coworkers and I adopted him (and freed him from a cage) when someone carelessly left him behind. Everyone at work has been asking if I would be taking our little rescue with me on Allure, and since he works so hard with the rest of us (he's so dedicated... it feels like he's always there) I thought he deserved a vacation as well!

Everyone, please meet Philip...

689f186b-6231-44b3-8620-d5d865258b50_zps49e0e41b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0689f186b-6231-44b3-8620-d5d865258b50_zps49e0e41b.jpg

Anybody want to take a guess where we work? :rolleyes:

Little did I know, things were only going to get a bit worse for me.

Coming up next: Rain Rain go away. Come again on a sea day!

my guess is that the meds did not work? I hope they did!

Noro really scares me, this time around we will be traveling with our own purell bottle just to have every time prior we eat.

thank you everyone for the feedback! I'll be posting more soon hopefully (having a medical emergency and may be needing to go to the hospital).

Gambee: noro scared me too! I got a mini Purell that hung off my purse and I carried it with me throughout the cruise and it came in really handy.

e01061: thank you! its been a wonderful memory refresher for myself as well! glad I could bring back the wonderful memories from your cruise as well.

rednancy: welcome and thank you for the wonderful feedback! I plan on writing many more reviews after this one! its been very fun plus its been a great way for people to experience what I did through my eyes.

Missy

thank you everyone for the feedback! I'll be posting more soon hopefully (having a medical emergency and may be needing to go to the hospital).

Gambee: noro scared me too! I got a mini Purell that hung off my purse and I carried it with me throughout the cruise and it came in really handy.

e01061: thank you! its been a wonderful memory refresher for myself as well! glad I could bring back the wonderful memories from your cruise as well.

rednancy: welcome and thank you for the wonderful feedback! I plan on writing many more reviews after this one! its been very fun plus its been a great way for people to experience what I did through my eyes.

Missy

missy..hope you are ok..please let us know asap!

Laura