I'm angry...the prices went down BIG TIME!!

Rated

I just payed my final payment yesterday...

and now I go on the RCI website and it's $200 cheaper....

IS THERE ANYTHING I COULD DO ABOUT THIS?

Is it a Tuesday Sale? If so, its for new bookings only. Even so, if you are past final payment date so really all you can do is upgrade if possible.

If you arent looking for upgrades, I wouldnt even look at the pricing after the final payment date :)

Edited by ryano

What 48 hour price guarantee? This is my first cruise...so I am still learning about everything.

I am just frustrated that I could get a BETTER room for $200 cheaper than what I payed yesterday

What 48 hour price guarantee? This is my first cruise...so I am still learning about everything.

I am just frustrated that I could get a BETTER room for $200 cheaper than what I payed yesterday

Royal has a 48 hour price guarantee where they will credit you 110% of the price difference if the price goes down within 48 hours of booking. This applies to cruises booked after final payment date. However, if the new price is for new bookings only (which is the case for cruises on the Tuesday sale) then the 48 hour price guarantee does not apply.

dammit! I'm going to call them soon.

So if the price is like this TOMORROW, then it's ok?

48 hour Guarantee only applies to the first 48 hours after the initial booking. Your original post stated that you made the final yesterday which implies that the cruise had already been book a while ago. So gaurantee probably does not appy

Is this a cruise on the Tuesday sale? If not and your actual final payment date is today I would call them now.

I agree, if your final payment date is today you should be able to still get your price reduction!

Plus it never hurts to ask! Let us know how you make out

dammit! I'm going to call them soon.

So if the price is like this TOMORROW, then it's ok?

If your final payment due date is today then no. If your final payment is due today you may be able to get the price reduction even if you paid it off yesterday.

If your final payment due date is today then no. If your final payment is due today you may be able to get the price reduction even if you paid it off yesterday.

I'm going to call them in about an hour or so.

What do you recommend I ask?

Again I am new to this whole thing and am not sure how to phrase it so they understand. :rolleyes:

One more question, did you book direct with Royal or are you using a travel agent?

If you booked direct with Royal, call and ask if the rate you are seeing is for new reservations only. If it is for everyone then ask for the reduction or an upgrade.

If you used a travel agent they frequently have a final payment date due a week or more earlier than the cruise line. Call them and find out.

Good luck and let us know the outcome - we all hope it is not a Tuesday Sale rate.

my payment date is due today.

I payed it all off yesterday (just in case I got busy today or some issue came up)

but my final payment was due March 12th.

You may have an option with some form of adjustment based on final payment date but I would call and ask ASAP. I would just review the scenario with booking date and final payment date with the current pricing shown. But if the new price is a result of the Tuesday sale - as likely it is - then that would be for new bookings only and not yours.

The more likey option is an upgrade to higher stateroom category based on current pricing and difference between your invoiced price and that. And as pointed out the 48 hour price guarantee would not apply.

But regardless, there may not be much you can do and pricing changes after final payment date do occur as a method to sell out the ship, etc. I would also try to avoid "I'm p*****" and just ask for their help.

Edited by leaveitallbehind