Early Saver - Christmas Cruise

HGVGuy

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has booked a Christmas cruise with the Early Saver rate, and actually saw a price drop?

I am not expecting the price to go down since it's a holiday, but remain hopeful.

Anyone have experiences?

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has booked a Christmas cruise with the Early Saver rate, and actually saw a price drop?

I am not expecting the price to go down since it's a holiday, but remain hopeful.

Anyone have experiences?

Hi there, we're going on the splendor from NY over Christmas and I've constantly been checking the price to see if there was a drop but no such luck.....in fact it's gone up slightly :(

We did the week between Christmas and New Years back in 2010. Booked early saver and we were refunded the huge amount of $5 each for some unknown reason. This was added to our account once on board. Good luck but typically, no price drops.:)

We booked our Christmas 2011 Magic cruise in November, 2010. ES prices at booking were very reasonable. We checked rates every day throughout 2011 and saw rates go up and down. We got 2 different price breaks around August and September, 2011 on our cabins for 4. Not so much on our cabin for 2. It all has to do with supplly and demand. Ended up with some OBC after final payment. It was the best family cruise ever.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise and some OBC as well. Bon Voyage!

Have someone sailing Valor over Christmas. Booked about a week ago. Newest sale gave upgrade at same price. Got them upgraded under ES. I anticipate prices will drop a bit, so I will keep checking. At a minimum, their price is good, they are in the cabin they want, and they have decent airfare. All together, a good package for a Christmas cruise.

Hi. I had a New Years cruise this past year on the Freedom. I had 2 cabins 1 balcony and 1 inside. We are a family of 5. I booked last May, between may and December I received over 1200$ of OBC. So yes I think if you check often you will definitely have some price drops.

R

We did es on the Victory for Christmas 2010 and saved over $1000. in price drops I checked several times a day. I made my TA crazy with the price drops and she had to fill out all the forms.

I'm hoping for more drops on the Valor at Christmas already saved with ES $80. a few weeks ago. Hey it's only $80. right now, but $80. here and $20.there add up in my favor.

Good have fun and enjoy the cruise.

We did the week between Christmas and New Years back in 2010. Booked early saver and we were refunded the huge amount of $5 each for some unknown reason. This was added to our account once on board. Good luck but typically, no price drops.:)

The small amount you got refunded was more than likely a refund of taxes or port fees that dropped after you booked. If taxes/port fees go down, Carnival will always refund the difference.

I just booked in January for Christmas on the Splendor. I did not book early saver because I was booking before I got final approval on vacation time from work so I wanted to be able to cancel without penalty. I also thought it was unlikely that the price would go down much in the last couple of months before sailing.

That said I just had a $50 decrease done yesterday with the 'Spring into Savings' promo and to date my cruise price has dropped a total of $160.

You can call for price matching up until your final payment date regardless of the fare type chosen.

We have been on 7 Christmas cruises. We have gotten price drops on 6 of the cruises. The only one we didn't get any obc on (we pay off our cruises rather quickly) was our last one on the Breeze. We usually book 11-12 months out. This past Breeze Christmas cruise only went up, up, up for our balcony cabins. Otherwise we have gotten anywhere from $50 to $950 (that was on our Dream cruise we had booked 18 months out). I am eyeing the Valor or Glory for next Christmas - we are "late" in booking as we are waiting to see if dd21 has a job when she graduates in May, and can get the time off to join us.:)

Thank you all! I'll keep checking the price daily, and keep high hopes. We are doing the Imagination for Christmas. I'm very excited to experience Cozumel Christmas Day. :)

It's my parents first cruise, and I can't wait for them to experience a Christmas away from the ice and snow of WI.

• 1 month later...

We were on a New Year's Cruise on Princess. Not booked Early Saver..but I was trying to move up to Balcony and watched prices daily. Booked early. Ship was being moved from P.R. to Maimi..inital prices..low..low. After six week..zoomed. prices three times what I paid. Then final payment. After that prices dropped some. Then a couple of weeks before the sailing... prices dropped. 3 days before sailing...the price for our category BB Balcony was $3,100.00PP I paid..$1.,159.00. High for me. But we wanted to do One New Year's cruise. WE had the best time ever. Ever. Went to Aruba. Cureso..Pefect weather. no Norov. DECORATIONS..STUNNING. CHRISTMAS TREES EVERYWHERE. YOU HAVE PROBABLY GOTTEN AN EXCELLENT RATE. AS PRICES RISE..CONGRADUATE YOURSELF ON ...BEING A SAVY CRUISE BOOKER.HAPPY SAILS.

Archived