Cagneys and Suite holder ??'S

bagzrpacked

Your math is correct when lots of people travel together. We are only two so for us your math is defenitely incorrect!

get some friends :D

for 2pax rates there are still deals out there

On that same trip you could have a 2 bed suite for <$200pppd

other Jade dates haven access has been available for $150pppd

They certainly won't be working on anything like full capacity.

You may use Cagneys a lot, but other Suite guests won't use it at all. There will be three of us in a Suite on the Pearl later this year. I will be surprised if we use it for more than two breakfasts and two lunches (probably less than that).

I'd guess that a small proportion of Suite guests use Cagneys all the time. Some others will never use it, and most will probably use It sometimes. I'd be surprised if it averages out at more than half Suite guests using it on any day.

From what I have seen here on cruisecritic, lots of suites guests book a suite because of the Cagney's perk.

My guess is that almost every suiteguest eat most of their breakfasts in Cagney's.

May I ask why you prefer to eat somewhere else?

From what I have seen here on cruisecritic, lots of suites guests book a suite because of the Cagney's perk.

My guess is that almost every suiteguest eat most of their breakfasts in Cagney's.

Many cruises cagnies is not that busy for Breakfast.

Don't forget some will eat in their cabins and on the Jewel class haven people can have the breakfast in the courtyard.

Sometimes a trip to the great outdoors maks a welcome change.

While you asked this of someone else, I thought I'd chime in here. For the record, between all of our time in NCL suites, we have breakfast in Cagney's maybe one or two of seven days - usually on disembarkation day and maybe one port day. For the rest of the cruise, we either have room service breakfast (on port days) or have no breakfast at all (sea days). We're not really breakfast people :). As for lunch, we might go to Cagney's one day, rarely two, and sometimes never go at all. The hours don't usually coincide with when we are

hungry on sea days, plus it's so easy to grab something somewhere else, and quite honestly, the menu bores me... So at least one other person rarely eats there!

I will say that, of the few times we have eaten in Cagney's, it was always pretty full for breakfast..

Robin

It isn't a case of preferring somewhere else. There are many reasons why we won't be having breakfast or lunch in Cagneys on some days.

On some occasions we won't actually be on the ship.

We are travelling with an 8 year old who, whilst he enjoys sitting down formally to eat, doesn't want to do it all of the time.

One of the attractions of NCL is the options that you have for food. I like to go to different places so wouldn't spend all my breakfasts or lunches at one place.

Sometimes I just don't fancy a proper breakfast and would rather just grab something from the buffet.

Given all that, I suspect we will probably end up in Cagneys just once or twice for breakfast, and I suspect no more than once for lunch. It could still end up being my favourite of the places I go though.

Remember the number of suites that are ideal for families. I suspect we are not alone in having children who won't want to spend every breakfast or lunch there.

I think that you are confusing the strength of feeling that some people here display for the Cagneys perk with the proportion of people who are attracted to it. I don't doubt that there are people for whom it is the major Suite perk, and who will eat there all the time, but that doesn't mean that there aren't others for whom it isn't an issue, and who will only occasionally use it if at all.

1. Same menu every day, go elsewhere for variety.

2. Breakfast delivered to room.

3. May not wake in time for breakfast.

4. May prefer to eat on the run, trough the buffet.

5. May prefer the variety and layout of the buffet.

That's just a sampling of reasons who a suite guest may not take all their breakfasts at Cagney's.

And truthfully, while Cagney's breakfast and lunch may be better than the regular buffet and MDR, it's not -that- much better.

Out of 7 mornings on my last cruise, I ate breakfast in Cagney's twice. And both times, it was not crowded.

its rarely crowded. They sometimes open the main Cagney's and sometimes they don't. Even when they permitted Platinum(for a short time) to use Cagney's it was a rarely crowded. Its not an over crowding issue. Its an issue of those who paid for it complaining when they allow others to use it.

On my last cruise (which was in the Haven), we ate every single breakfast and lunch in the Haven courtyard served to us by the courtyard valley/butler. While the Cagney's menu was used as a starting point, he would get us whatever we wanted which is true even if you are eating in Cagney's.

We never went down to Cagney's because we got the same level of service right outside out suite door and got to enjoy the sun streaming down into the courtyard at the same time.

The Courtyard valet also got us snacks and drinks when we were sunning ourselves, relaxing, reading or listening to music in the courtyard throughout the day.

Many cruises cagnies is not that busy for Breakfast.

Don't forget some will eat in their cabins and on the Jewel class haven people can have the breakfast in the courtyard.

Sometimes a trip to the great outdoors maks a welcome change.

I agree that Cagney's isn't very busy but with around 45 suites (Jewel class) it doesn't get busy even if every suitepassenger should eat there.

1. Same menu every day, go elsewhere for variety.

2. Breakfast delivered to room.

5. May prefer the variety and layout of the buffet.

And truthfully, while Cagney's breakfast and lunch may be better than the regular buffet and MDR, it's not -that- much better.

Everything they have in the buffet they also have in Cagney's so the variety is there too.

Breakfast delivered to room is also a part of the Cagney's perk if the items are from there.

My opinion is that the breakfast in Cagney's is much better than the regular buffet and MDR.

On my last cruise (which was in the Haven), we ate every single breakfast and lunch in the Haven courtyard served to us by the courtyard valley/butler. While the Cagney's menu was used as a starting point, he would get us whatever we wanted which is true even if you are eating in Cagney's.

We never went down to Cagney's because we got the same level of service right outside out suite door and got to enjoy the sun streaming down into the courtyard at the same time.

The Courtyard valet also got us snacks and drinks when we were sunning ourselves, relaxing, reading or listening to music in the courtyard throughout the day.

So you used the Cagney's perk every day both for breakfast and lunch!

I know for a fact that lots of people have all their breakfasts and lunches in Cagney's but maybe not as many as I thought.

To the OP, if the concierge say no to your brother in law you can always order roomservice and let him eat the food in your cabin. I can't see that there is anything wrong with that.

Everything they have in the buffet they also have in Cagney's so the variety is there too.

Breakfast delivered to room is also a part of the Cagney's perk if the items are from there.

My opinion is that the breakfast in Cagney's is much better than the regular buffet and MDR.

It's the same food or it's better food? Contradicting yourself a bit.

As an example.. I recall the MDR having a cinnamon raisin French toast which wasn't served at Cagney's. I'm sure there are other items as well.

As an example.. I recall the MDR having a cinnamon raisin French toast which wasn't served at Cagney's. I'm sure there are other items as well.

If there are other items served elsewhere on the ship but not in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, my experience is that you only have to ask for it. It was always provided to me the half dozen times or so that I asked for something special.

I'm not contradicting myself. The food in Cagney's is better than the food in the other restaurants but if you still want something from another restaurant, they will get it for you.

I think it depends on who is at the desk but I think the answer is No.

You might want to ask the concierge ahead of time if they can be put on the Cagney's list if you are all traveling together

Friends did that on our past sailing. They had a suite and an inside cabin for the kids but they all got to eat at Cagney's

Ate in Cagney's twice. Didn't want to get up at a particular time to go there, didn't want to get dressed, and there were WAY more choices, and way hotter and more freshly prepared, at the Garden Cafe.

I'm sure you can get "anything you want", although I never tried, but the point is, you'd have to dream up what you wanted from your imagination. At the garden cafe, all that's on offer is right in front of you.... even some stuff beyond your imagination :o

I know people love Cagney's but I thought it was way overrated. We only went for lunch on embarkation (and that WAS nice), but it was nice because we got to go somewhere and sit down, the food itself was just okay. We tried to go for lunch one other day, but of course, we got there at the wrong time.

I agree with the OP who said the people who love it REALLY love it, and that's where you get the idea that "everybody" uses it, but it's pretty clear from this thread and from my experience that lots of people don't think much of that perk.

I am glad that the option is there! We did not use it every single morning, but we were there more often than not on our last cruise.

While there is a great selection of food in the buffet, here's why I don't like it.

Start out by looking for a table. This may take awhile. Stake your claim. One of us usually waits while the other gets their food. Stand in various lines. Stand in another if you want an omlet. Come back to table to dirty look. By the time better half is back, you are finished eating. Sit and watch them eat.

I would much rather sit and relax at Cagney's, sans crowd. But, I do love the ships with the Great Outdoors Buffet. If we ever had a suite on one of those ships, I'm afraid Cagney's would be neglected.

I am glad that the option is there! We did not use it every single morning, but we were there more often than not on our last cruise.

While there is a great selection of food in the buffet, here's why I don't like it.

Start out by looking for a table. This may take awhile. Stake your claim. One of us usually waits while the other gets their food. Stand in various lines. Stand in another if you want an omlet. Come back to table to dirty look. By the time better half is back, you are finished eating. Sit and watch them eat.

I would much rather sit and relax at Cagney's, sans crowd. But, I do love the ships with the Great Outdoors Buffet. If we ever had a suite on one of those ships, I'm afraid Cagney's would be neglected.

Why bother looking for a table grab your food and run up to Cagnies where you already have a seat. Order your eggs there before or after collecting the rest.

I agree with the OP who said the people who love it REALLY love it, and that's where you get the idea that "everybody" uses it, but it's pretty clear from this thread and from my experience that lots of people don't think much of that perk.

We had our first suite on the Sky in January. Most times at breakfast/lunch when we were there, we were one of 2-3 tables in there. During embarkation, most of the groups that were in the concierge lounge at boarding when we were there told the concierge that they just wanted to go to the MDR or the buffet.

We ate in there everyday for breakfast/lunch just because it is probably the only suite we'll ever have unless a really good deal or an upsell comes along. It was nice, but not worth the price difference by itself.

I will say the buffet on the Sky needs a major redesign. The one on the POA flowed much better! We never ate there because of the lines except for the late night snack buffet on the back deck.

Archived