Round Table

G.M.T.

• 2 weeks later...

Belated Happy New Year to all - just back from our NZ cruise on "another line" - now on the hunt again for another cruise.

Welcome back Ron - here have you been hiding - Round Table went a bit "square' in your absence (still can't spell)

Stay safe all

Edited by dizzy1948

• 5 weeks later...
Welcome back Ron. Stay around this time.

Chuck, thanks for the welcome. Don't worry, now that the great flood and the aftermath has been cleaned up and put to bed, I now have more time on my hands so I'll be around.

Ron

Good to see you back on here Ron. I missed your wonderful sense of humour.

Mairi, thank you. I haven't seen the sea for almost a year, but my feet were never really dry during that time. The great Passau flood of 2013 caused havoc in our lives. DD and family got hit bad and have been living with us for the last 6 months - only agreed to that after I found out that SIL did not like the beer I drink :rolleyes:.

As insurance and state support and payout were slowing in coming, we have done a lot of the work ourselves, chipping off platser re-palstering, chipping of tiles retiling, take out windows putting new ones in etc. etc. etc. Two other families (both very good friends) got hit even worse than DD (gorund floor and first floor were devastated). One couple we could help with renovation and got them moved back in a short time ago. The other couple house has been condemned and will have to be pulled down due to help hazards (heating oil seemed into the walls), so now waiting final clearance from insurance company.

So life must go on just as sure as the Danube waters flow under the bridges of Passau. I think that would make a great song "Under The Bridges Of Passau".

I see you were on the Fortuna in Dubai - how was your cruiseß

Ron

Good to see you back on here Ron. I missed your wonderful sense of humour.

Mairi, thank you. I haven't seen the sea for almost a year, but my feet were never really dry during that time. The great Passau flood of 2013 caused havoc in our lives. DD and family got hit bad and have been living with us for the last 6 months - only agreed to that after I found out that SIL did not like the beer I drink :rolleyes:.

As insurance and state support and payout were slowing in coming, we have done a lot of the work ourselves, chipping off platser re-palstering, chipping of tiles retiling, take out windows putting new ones in etc. etc. etc. Two other families (both very good friends) got hit even worse than DD (gorund floor and first floor were devastated). One couple we could help with renovation and got them moved back in a short time ago. The other couple house has been condemned and will have to be pulled down due to help hazards (heating oil seemed into the walls), so now waiting final clearance from insurance company.

So life must go on just as sure as the Danube waters flow under the bridges of Passau. I think that would make a great song "Under The Bridges Of Passau".

I see you were on the Fortuna in Dubai - how was your cruiseß

Ron