Round Table

G.M.T.

Have a great cruise Amo :)

Seems a life time still we got back :rolleyes:

Hoping to have a week with our friends in Spain later in the year, and not sure about next year, may give cruising a miss we would love to go back to Thailand so fingers crossed.

Have fun Amo

Mel

Have a great cruise Amo :)

Seems a life time still we got back :rolleyes:

Hoping to have a week with our friends in Spain later in the year, and not sure about next year, may give cruising a miss we would love to go back to Thailand so fingers crossed.

Have fun Amo

Mel

Thanks Mel.

I arrived in Genoa at midday today. It's bright and sunny but just 15c. Definitely better than Edinburgh but around 10 degrees colder than the last time I was here in May.

Thankfully both me and my case managed to make the tight 50 minute connection and terminal change at CDG. It was very tight though...I made it to terminal 2G only 15 minutes before take off time but second flight was half an hour late as we had to wait for 4 passengers from another connecting flight.

Had a nice afternoon wandering the old town but could not believe I could not find a restaurant open for lunch. Loads of cafes selling ice cream but nothing more. Ended up in McDonalds...in Italy...horror of horrors! Did make up for it by having a gelato and espresso later though!

Sounds great Chuck. Don't know much about the Fortuna other than she is bigger than the Atlantica but smaller than the Favolosa. Have you sailed on her before?

It'll be my first time on the Fortuna but my last cruise in February was on her sister ship, the Magica. Same story with the Atlantica and Mediterranea, they're exactly the same except the different names for decks, bars, restaurants, etc.:rolleyes:

Thanks Mel.

I arrived in Genoa at midday today. It's bright and sunny but just 15c. Definitely better than Edinburgh but around 10 degrees colder than the last time I was here in May.

Thankfully both me and my case managed to make the tight 50 minute connection and terminal change at CDG. It was very tight though...I made it to terminal 2G only 15 minutes before take off time but second flight was half an hour late as we had to wait for 4 passengers from another connecting flight.

Had a nice afternoon wandering the old town but could not believe I could not find a restaurant open for lunch. Loads of cafes selling ice cream but nothing more. Ended up in McDonalds...in Italy...horror of horrors! Did make up for it by having a gelato and espresso later though!

BON VOYAGE!!!!!

(stay OFF the big Macs:eek: ) lol!!

Have a good cruise Mairi :)

Just taking a little break from my Greek mythology war game...I have 16 cities, all named after the Costa Crociere fleet past and present...#17 should be sorted by the end of the week. Been having alot of seriously late nights...or maybe that should be early mornings being online til 4am knocking seven bells out of enemies...all good fun though and no-one gets hurt, perfect for venting one's pent up frustration though...and I have a great pal to keep me company too, even if he is in a different country to me :o

Hope that everyone is tickety-boo...have a great evening peeps, TTFN :)

Sandwich Islands? But I am not really sure how my logic is working here.

Sorry no.

Here are some clues:

"Britain would not win this Waterloo; Jimmy was no Adam when looking at the Sunrise".

Last weekend was the ESC; where did Adam reside, which direction does the sun rise (film).

Ron

Sorry no.

Here are some clues:

"Britain would not win this Waterloo; Jimmy was no Adam when looking at the Sunrise".

Last weekend was the ESC; where did Adam reside, which direction does the sun rise (film).

Ron

East of Eden - Sweden

Edited by CostaSmurfette

East of Eden - Sweden

Think you have it - My mind set was on ABBA - Waterloo - Sweden - but couldn't get the Jimmy Adam together - but I did think of the ESC (we don't get it in Oz) Googled it - and found Denmark won - threw me right off track.

Another one please Ron

Think you have it - My mind set was on ABBA - Waterloo - Sweden - but couldn't get the Jimmy Adam together - but I did think of the ESC (we don't get it in Oz) Googled it - and found Denmark won - threw me right off track.

Another one please Ron

Liz,

First part "Abba" is correct. CS is also correct with East of Eden, the original clue for the second part is "Jimmy was no Adam when looking at the Sunrise" so we're looking for someone called Jimmy in East of Eden.

Ron

Liz,

First part "Abba" is correct. CS is also correct with East of Eden, the original clue for the second part is "Jimmy was no Adam when looking at the Sunrise" so we're looking for someone called Jimmy in East of Eden.

Ron

James Dean was in the 1955 version of East of Eden...he played Cal Trask, whereas Ray massey played Adam Trask..

So we have Abba and James Dean and we are looking for a Port or Place.

Ron

Bit of a stretch here...

Aden

"A" - Abba

Aden is same lettering as Dean

Not Adam but Aden

Hanging Gardens of Babylon (also known as Garden of Eden) said to be in Yemen, Aden being in Yemen and a former cruise port.

Edited by CostaSmurfette