Round Table

G.M.T.

Back to earth with a bump:cool:

It was a long way home yesterday..... We have done so much in the last three weeks and met some wonderful people along the way.

I really have mixed feelings about COsta at the moment, and may miss a cruise next year in favour of a land based holiday.

There were too many Brits aboard and also there was 1400 Germans some of who were the most aggressive people I have ever met, I will do a full review when I have had more sleep.

The serving staff onboard were the best we have ever had, it was the people who were in charge of them that was the problem.

Atlantica is now going the the Asia market for the next two years....and will have a three week refit in November.

Thanks again Ron for all your help and the day we had in Mumbai with our friends from Spain was amazing, and that was on your recommendation... And the stalk was the best.

Mel:cool:

Welcome home Mel - looking forward to your pictures and gossip - its been an adventure for you huh? No matter what - it must have been incredible seeing all those beautiful places!

Ron - thank you for keeping us amused - yes please to a quiz - keeps our grey matter buzzing!

I am getting to pay date soon - June - for September cruise = looking forward to 13 nights on NeoRomantica with our besties from Canada - cant wait!

We have booked NCL 15 nights B2B Jan 14 - on Epic - big ship lots of buzzers n bells - totally different experience but thats kinda what we wanted and hoping DD and SIL will join us for one of the legs.

Costa though IS very affordable cruising, our suite with butler and all the perks on NeoR plus all inclusive and flights, is costing around the same (maybe even slightly less!) as our Epic trip on a balcony - and NCL's AllInclusive cant touch Costa - just wanted some serious sunshine in January and nothing Costa did fitted the bill.

Back to earth indeed Mel :( - ah well - travel in hindsight is always great to reflect on, hope you made lots of nice memories.

Who's next for stalking??:)

Have you got anything in the pipeline for a cruise yet? As you can see we are going down under this time - done two Christmas's in Asia on cruises - so NZ - here we come.

No nothing as yet. We are doing a land based USA trip in Sept/ Oct this year so I will look in depth when we get back from that.

I would really like a Christmas Cruise but only like warm places so that takes out many places for Christmas.

Luke is totally against the idea of being away at Christmas. He loves Sydney at Christmas/ NYear. I kind of agree with him as we are blessed with location and live right on the beach. As there is only the 2 of us- he gets more say than most kids would.

I will probably have to go with another cruise company but am not making any decisions as yet. I just love Asia but I really don't think Costa will come to the party and give us an itinerary that we want or possibly even sell to us! I find that Asia is really easy to add extras to at the beginning and end of a cruise. Last year we spent a few days in Singapore pre cruse and then did 2 weeks in Thailand post cruise.

Although I am seriously considering maybe Dubai and that area for a cruise.

Although I am seriously considering maybe Dubai and that area for a cruise.

I'll go with that - I wouldn't mind doing a cruise that takes in Dubai. Will have to have a look at what's going for 2014/15 in that area.

Good afternoon from sunny Yorkshire :)

Hoping all are tickety-boo and that you, Mel, had a wonderful experience aboard Atlantica :)

My cruise plans have been changed due to medical reasons..dropped the December cruise aboard Deliziosa and replaced it with November 2014 aboard Serena from Savona to Dubai. The Fortuna cruise from Dubai to Savona is still going ahead as planned.

The Italy/UAE route is one that I enjoy greatly, and its about time I went outbound instead of inbound for once...and Serena calls at Aqaba too, so might get to go to Petra, something I missed aboard Allegra in 2010.

Anyway, stay safe guys, good to see the stalk from Ron...brought back many happy memories...

Take care, be good and catch you on the high tide one day...TTFN.

Good afternoon from sunny Yorkshire :)

Hoping all are tickety-boo and that you, Mel, had a wonderful experience aboard Atlantica :)

My cruise plans have been changed due to medical reasons..dropped the December cruise aboard Deliziosa and replaced it with November 2014 aboard Serena from Savona to Dubai. The Fortuna cruise from Dubai to Savona is still going ahead as planned.

The Italy/UAE route is one that I enjoy greatly, and its about time I went outbound instead of inbound for once...and Serena calls at Aqaba too, so might get to go to Petra, something I missed aboard Allegra in 2010.

Anyway, stay safe guys, good to see the stalk from Ron...brought back many happy memories...

Take care, be good and catch you on the high tide one day...TTFN.

Pleased for you SO much - know you have been going through hell and back - wonderful to see you - chin up and planning your voyages - good for you!

How many nights for your Serena cruise?

Pleased for you SO much - know you have been going through hell and back - wonderful to see you - chin up and planning your voyages - good for you!

How many nights for your Serena cruise?

Good to see you too matey, hope all is well with you :)

The Serena trip is 19 nights....my TA has an option on an inside cabin for me, they are transferring the deposit from Deliziosa once the Serena cruise enters the UK booking availability which will be within a fortnight, but they have confirmed the cabin hold for me.

So basically in March 2014 it is Fortuna Dubai-Savona for 18 nights and in November 2014 it is Serena Savona-Dubai for 19 nights...if all goes well, I might repeat it in 2015 since I like the route and the weather is usually superb too :)

Good to see you too matey, hope all is well with you :)

The Serena trip is 19 nights....my TA has an option on an inside cabin for me, they are transferring the deposit from Deliziosa once the Serena cruise enters the UK booking availability which will be within a fortnight, but they have confirmed the cabin hold for me.

So basically in March 2014 it is Fortuna Dubai-Savona for 18 nights and in November 2014 it is Serena Savona-Dubai for 19 nights...if all goes well, I might repeat it in 2015 since I like the route and the weather is usually superb too :)

Sounds good! 19 x nights - oooh you lot always make me so envious - one of these days - BUT we are making a start - Jan 14 we have 15 nights on a ship which will be or longest duration since 2000 - plus one night pre cruise in Miami -

We'll be getting Ron to stalk you ;) (and he can save it for the reverse route!

Wish we could have found a Costa cruise that would have worked for us in Jan 14 - NCLs all inclusive is not so inclusive and is $49 per person per day plus gratuities - cant beat Costa on their AI for sure! Just couldnt find a sunshine trip to work for us :( Have deposits paid - but - still on the lookout and will move the NCL deposit if we find a better solution..

NeoR has all suites booked between Jan - March - its odd - every cruise every suite is showing complete - anyone know what that would be?

Blondie be careful the long voyages are addictive.....but the are cheaper per day so not so bad. They are my absolute favourite. Still never want to get off even after 3 weeks onboard. Would probably get restless on a 90 day world cruise but no way will that happen anyway!

Costasmurfette good to hear you managed to get your cruises juggled about. Should be good trips and something to look forward to when you are having so much to deal with just now.

I've only got 9 more sleeps before I'm off on my next cruise. Can't wait. Work is he'll right now. Doing minimum 11 hours a day and still can't keep up with the evr increasing workload. Really have to get my packing sorted this weekend to avoid having to do it in the wee hours next Friday night! My biggest worry is having only 50 minutes to get from 2E to 2G in CDG for my AF connection to Genoa.

It's always good to hear everyone's cruise planning - makes me envious as well. I'm trying to organize a double Baltics/Fiords cruise for June or maybe July with either MSC or Costa. Costa offers both as one single 15 day cruise but MSC is a little cheaper with a B2B 7 day Baltics followed by the 7 day Norwegian Fiords cruise. I need to work it out with my TA.

CostaSmurfette: Seems like I know you from somewhere????

Mairi: Bon voyage for next week. You're certainly working toward a continuous cruising record.

Well, we're booked on the Costa Fortuna's 15 day Norwegian Fiords/Baltic Capitals cruise from 9 to 23 June. Got a nice balcony cabin on the 9th deck so we'll have excellent views of some lovely scenery. This will be DW's first Northern Europe cruise and my first for the Baltics, although I've got three other Norway cruises under my belt.

CostaSmurfette: You're a sly one matey! Keep a low profile!

Moi...low profile...you gotta be kidding ;)

:)

OOOh teehee - good to have the gang all back on board!:D

Ron - are we getting a Mhairi stalk?? And a quiz???

My brain cells were just starting to develop (I actually wrote "again" there and deleted it)

Well, we're booked on the Costa Fortuna's 15 day Norwegian Fiords/Baltic Capitals cruise from 9 to 23 June. Got a nice balcony cabin on the 9th deck so we'll have excellent views of some lovely scenery. This will be DW's first Northern Europe cruise and my first for the Baltics, although I've got three other Norway cruises under my belt.

Wonderful!!

OOOh teehee - good to have the gang all back on board!:D

Ron - are we getting a Mhairi stalk?? And a quiz???

My brain cells were just starting to develop (I actually wrote "again" there and deleted it)

Sorry no time for a stalk - busy decorating our new apartment.

But I'll start a weekly Silly / Port Place Quiz, this coming Saturday.

Ron

But I'll start a weekly Silly / Port Place Quiz, this coming Saturday.

Ron

No worries Ron - good luck on the decorating, we are amidst a huge refurb right now and feel your pain:)

Look forward to testing my brain cells!

Hope you aren't painting your DMIL into a corner with striped paint :p

No she is getting a special paint job - see below.

Actually she smiled last week, well not exactly smiled as she fell off her bike and caught the handlebars in her mouth.

Ron

Nessie-pic.jpg.e5b0d11c3cc386727f8372a7c241e32e.jpg

DMIL.jpg.2375da6dceb9d04fc5c6943c0cd25d34.jpg

Actually she smiled last week, well not exactly smiled as she fell off her bike and caught the handlebars in her mouth.

Ron

awww...you still giving your poor MIL grief, Ron....;)

Hope you're better half is getting stronger every day :)

I tend not to venture onto boards much thesedays...am well and truly into a browser based war game set in Greek mythology, Grepolis. I spend alot of time...7am thru 3am on average...playing. No money involved just quite alot of strategy and tactics :)

Got a great set of team mates too, especially one from Ireland, who I get along with like a house on fire, he and I have become very good friends...so all is pretty good apart from the body still trying to go into permanent hibernation...nowt to worry about though, I threaten myself daily to behave ;)

Hope everyone is tickety-boo...have fun :)

CostaSmurfette: You're a sly one matey! Keep a low profile!

Sounds great Chuck. Don't know much about the Fortuna other than she is bigger than the Atlantica but smaller than the Favolosa. Have you sailed on her before?

Ron

Ron, I can always rely on you to give me a chuckle...Nd what better way is there ro start a work day with a laugh.

Good luck with the decorating. I'll pop in whilst I'm away to have a go at your silly quiz. Last one was great dun, even if most stumped me!

Have a great day everyone.