Round Table

G.M.T.

1st. Day

Today our super cruiser Mel will be winging her way to Dubai to board Costa Atlantica for the erotic (sorry I meant to say exotic - still don't know how to use the delete key on CC) on a cruise to Singapore.

Mel can expect (what else) warm 36° C and sunny weather, also in town today is the German luxury boat MS. Europa with 408 multi-millionaires onboard.

From an offical sauce (I know it's the wrong source - but we have to be positive about Costa food) as to what the passenger mix is:

Italians 500 (2 parents and 480 screaming stay up late kids) so not so much arm waving and NO wait in thge guffet lines

Germans 500 (480 from the "Ve hav vays of macking you Kruiz" club and 20 from "John Cleese for Fuhrer" club")

??? 500 (from the other end of the Channel Tunnel)

Americans 500 (first compalint has already been sent to Guest Services by a woman who said the Captain did not meet her personally at the airport even though she told her TA)

Other European Natives 678 (because of Data Protection laws and Mafia threats I cannot name them, all I can say is Sons of Putin)

Brits 2 (this has been a major logistics operation, finding space for 50 tons Fish & Chips and having to change Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner menues in MDR & Buffet, also not forgetting Room Service to include F&C on them)

Also onboard are 500 motor scooters, many modified with scythed wheels (aka Ben Hur), to cut down on passengers numbers.

Mel, wishing you a great cruise, so until tomorrow.

Your Stalker

Ron

PS. I have an idea about a quiz for the stalk duration, but more about that tomorrow.

0cloud.png.45924516c5b0aa4c66a11e9c06cdd881.png

1127417196_CostaA.jpg.bb95755a2ff4ed553bb18cf5481d6222.jpg

556801111_CostaB.jpg.a5a4d7acbaa43a4315fabbb4a48ca495.jpg

2nd. Day

The Atlantica is due to sail in about 6 1/2 hours at 17:00 local time, weather (same as yesterday), currently 34°C sunny and a light breeze or Ditto as Yesterday. Atlantica is still being accompanied by MS. Europa today.

This cruise Mel has been able to devote the full airline baggage allowance to clothes and not 50% to rum runners as in the past, all thanks to the AI.

The quiz I was thinking about is "Guess The Silly Port / Place Quiz", where I'll post a question and surprise surprise you try and name the port / place, here is an example.

Q. What did the shop owner in the Gold Souk ask Mel's DW when he saw the sparkle in her eyes when appraising the gold necklace and rings.

A. Du bye (Dubai) beautiful necklace for even more beautiful lady" **

Some of the clues will be for straight forward names, for others a lot of poetical license will be used. If the name is not guessed then I'll post it in a later stalk.

Was hoping that Costa after reading the stalk, that they would offer aRound thw World cruise as a prize for the best answer, but we'll probably get a Behind the Scenes tour of the Costa Allegra.

** From my information, this is based on a true story - more in a later stalk.

Tomorrow's stalk, will be posted in the evening, going to take advantage of the Home All Inclusive tonight.

Ron

PS. Below, is a photo from Mel's Balcony Cabin

b.jpg.5291654bcbb1e49f41a85e4eb990ad4d.jpg

a.jpg.99afde8a685b76c4014d9138888e35c7.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg.1dcd1f9b050a4fe3568ee3eb207567c4.jpg

Edited by G.M.T.

Stalk continuation - Day 3 & 4

So our Super Cruise left Dubai last Saturday and is due in Mumbai in about 15 hours time, having travelled about 1600 Km so far. Weather is a pleasant 29°C with a force 3 westerly breeze and slight choppy seas.

When I gave the example for the Silly Port / Place Quiz I also mentioned that I would supply more information and accoring to my informants a true story ;).

When Mel & DH were in the Gold Souk and the shop owner asked "You bye beautiful necklace for even more beautiful lady", to which DH replied "I would not insult my DW by buying something that is below her value - for me she is priceless". After seeing the ship's doctor, DW has been declared (h)armless, but is expected to make a full recovery by the time the boat reaches Singapore.:eek:

Silly Port / Place Quiz:

Q. The habour has spoken.

Note: No answers (messages) in a bottle will be excepted.

Ron

b.jpg.30e3260994b43c20524fb31ede40a2af.jpg

a.jpg.7ddf866c60a487e9ceda604b37a689a3.jpg

Day 5

Today we are in Mumbai arriving 10 hours ago, the commercial center of India, weather is as always good - 30°C with a force 3 - 4 wind. This is an overnight stay.

From our own special correspondant onboard. we have heard that Mel has forgiven her (h)armless DH and decided to come out in sympathy with him, so after consulting the AI doctor yesterday evening she will be legless til Singapore.

There is supposed to be a new cruise terminal, is that it in the 1st. photo, he old one is the 3rd. photo.

With the last photo, can you imagine the adverising slogan:

"Get your Drinking Water from Sheetal"

So here is what you all have been waiting for the now world famous:

Silly Port / Place Quiz

Everyone should get this one, there are two parts both cryptic answers (which you don't have to guess - but you can always try:

Q. Is your mother cruising with you?

Q. Dad always like to look through it after making a delivery on his Lancaster and B17.

Mel have a fabulous time there.

Ron

b.jpg.cfd562d29937f17d6f5ad97838558f22.jpg

a.jpg.7f6169f460cf5e1490ab6643ec97d481.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg.cb44569cb09737f9ea1ef60e13a86b0a.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg.e298d6f170b80683d454440ccee51797.jpg

Edited by G.M.T.

Too cryptic for my grey cells this morning Ron. Don't want to be greedy and get all the house points!

OK I'll make them a bit easier in future.

Answers to Stalk 5

Q. Is your mother cruising with you?

A. Mum by - Mumbai

Q. Dad always like to look through it after making a delivery on his Lancaster and B17.

Bomb Bay - Bombay

Ron

Stalk - Day 6

Today Mel & DH have had their first over night stop in Mumbai on this cruise. Don't you just love those over night stoppers, seeing how a city live and works during the day and how how it livens up too have fun at night.

Weather - same as yesterday.:mad:

The other boat in 1st. photo I beleive is Seven Seas Voyager. Speaking of boats, in 3rd. photo is a view of a secret Costa project, this is a prototype of small boats to following in the wake of the much loved and missed Costa Allegra and Marina. Notice how well the amentities are signposted.

As I have had thousands of messages (well at least one) saying how difficult the Silly Port / Place Quiz is, so we'll make it easier (may even try giving the answer and you have to make up the question).

Silly Port / Place Quiz

Today we are staying in the Indian Ocean, not cryptic:

This Dick would not need his shabby rain coat here.

Ron

b.jpg.12dd9fa5e90689f186d623d5ffeb4fe6.jpg

a.jpg.90139dba830661deb850f5b35effc493.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg.40a64499538f64ff668f33b79091cb55.jpg

Stalk - Day 7

Today we are in Goa, theOld Town and Beaches are heaven the port is hell, more about that later on. As we head south, we are leaving the cold north behind us it's getting warmer today is 32°C and humid.

Back to the port, the ship is moored in the middle of a dirty area the prime function is loading iron ore eiher direct into the ships holds or by tender to ships anchored at sea, see 3rd. photo.

If you took the waters in 4th. photo you would ürobably end up in the 5th. photo.

Silly Port / place Quiz

C'mon folks, have a go, it's open to all.

Today's place is in England, don't be Mean, give yourself plenty of time.

"A environment friendly sorceress".

Ron

b.jpg.065f80844e69ab734ddbc412c2303b38.jpg

a.jpg.ac6ffb0fd3f948481c4b772103a83e74.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg.24241cb6f10b2f0fb1ea33979e02f1b8.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg.e5d5dc29c8793f4b346527a21feb88f9.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg.630bcfd721dceeb766fec672a1c75f2d.jpg

Greenwich!

Still mulling over day 6's one!

Amusing stalk as always Ron.

Correct.

Day 6, so what are the clues:

- In the Indian Ocean,

- Dick (not a private one)

- Shabby rain coat - not needed, so the place must be in the tropics.

Additional clue a TV series.

Ron

Stalk - Day 8

Today is a sea day, heading south to Kochi due to arrive tomorrow morning, after a wonderful day in Goa, so as an auction is finished it's

Goa Goa Gone

No information lately from my informant, unless they have joined forces with Mel in trying to break the back of the AI.:rolleyes: Mel has travelled over 3000 Km since leaving Dubai, well the boat has travelled 2850 Km and Mel 150 Km (going to and from the bar).:D

Weather is 34°C and that with a light breeze, oh how I long for the summer, we are expecting an overv night temperature drop of 10°C.

Mel enjoy your well earned rest.

Silly Port / place Quiz

Today' quiz takes us up north and down south.

"An Australian wizard who is not on a high".

Ron

b.jpg.b774889be5d03bd6d3028a5887b45d5f.jpg

a.jpg.805ec2fec74b960dcecb1890ffc0c532.jpg