Soft Drink Prices

MBMiner

Anyone know the price of a soft drink on Holland America ships, specifically on the Volendam if it makes a difference? I'm trying to figure out whether the soft drink package makes sense. Thanks!

Bruce

Anyone know the price of a soft drink on Holland America ships, specifically on the Volendam if it makes a difference? I'm trying to figure out whether the soft drink package makes sense. Thanks!

Bruce

IF you drink3 cans of soda a day. the soft drink package isi worth it.

An Individual can of soda purchased one at a time costs $2.24 including gratuity but you get the entire 12 oz. can. If you buy the so-called package or soft-drink card it sounds like a bargain but you only get a "bar" soda from the hose and it is about half a can. Not really a bargain at all in my opinion.

Recommend buying the individual cans.

RonJohn

It's heavy and a nuisance to lug a ton of soda.

Of course, if you drink huge quantities I suppose you'd have to bring some or your soda costs could be higher than you wish.

We drink so little soda, it's not a problem to purchase the few we might want during a warm weather cruise.

How much does the soda card cost for a 7 night cruise? I can't find the answer on the web site.

Is there a refrigerator in the cabins on Zaandam?

Thanks

HAL used to have a soda card for sale on embarkation. Currently they charge a per day for the cruise.

How much does the soda card cost for a 7 night cruise? I can't find the answer on the web site.

Thanks

Not sure how to find this without an active booking. But when I view what can be purchased under my reservation for this summer I found the following.

Save with a pre-paid beverage value card. Purchase a pre-paid soda beverage value card for $25 and receive $50 toward soda purchases. A 15% beverage service charge will be automatically added to all soda purchases and will be deducted from the value of the card at the time of purchase.

This is the link from the page. But I don't know if will work without a reservation.

https://book.hollandamerica.com/gift/loadItem.action?giftCategoryId=132http://

Does this card get you a 'can' or a fountain soda? I did not even think about the difference between a 'can' or fountain until it was brought up earlier in this thread.

I figured that this would knock the price down to about $1 a can, if you get a can, and while still expensive, it would be the same price I'm willing to pay out of a soda machine. Since I don't drink alcohol, I get pretty tired of Tea and water on a long cruise. Its nice to have a something fizzy at times.

cheers,

The soda card costs $25 for $50 worth of soda. This is fountain soda' date=' sold at the rate of $1.75 for a glass. You don't get a can of soda when you use the card. If you want a soda that comes only in a can, the can will be opened, and you get one glass. [/color']

You can purchase an additonal card anytime during the cruise, if it's needed.

Thanks

There's a mini-fridge in all the cabins with a balcony on the Zaandam, and on all the S- and R-class ships.

The Vista, Signature, and Prinsendam ships have a fridge in every cabin.

The inside and outside cabins can rent one at the rate of $2.00 per day.

This is the best available option, as long as you don't mind carrying the cases aboard.

I have taped on my 12 or 24 packs of soda a luggage tag and have never had a problem of it arriving in my cabin. Other times I have brought a few bottles in my tote bag and restock my soda at ports of call.

we just got off the Eurodam. The card was $25for $50 worth of soda.($1.50 plus 15%ea) It is always served in a glass but on the Lido deck you do receive a whole can's worth.(dining room seemed less) Whatever you don't use up is credited back to your account at the end of the cruise.

also buy 4 cans for $7 plus 15% tip if you order them from room service from the in room video guide-look at the last page I believe.

Anyone know the price of a sofHolland America ships, specifically on the Volendam if it makes a difference? I'm trying to figure out whether the soft drink package makes sense. Thanks!

Bruce

we just got off the Eurodam. The card was $25for $50 worth of soda.($1.50 plus 15%ea) It is always served in a glass but on the Lido deck you do receive a whole can's worth.(dining room seemed less) Whatever you don't use up is credited back to your account at the end of the cruise.

If you get to know one of the waiters pretty well, he will serve you a can with the card.

Archived