Confusion about up grades.....

Stix777

Greetings i'm a first time cruiser and solo traveller, i've booked Ventura in the New Year and have a cabin allocated, but how secure is this allocation? Could i find that i'm up- graded to somewhere i'd rather not be?

Also, flights, i'm with BA out of Gatwick on a scheduled service and being 6'6" want leg room but hear that there is difficulty choosing a seat on-line, has any seasoned traveller found difficulty with this? Simon.:confused:

You should have been asked during the booking process if would would be prepared to accept an upgrade if offered. If you decline this, then you stay in the cabin you booked. If this is what you want, contact whoever you booked with, and ask them to put you down as upgrade not wanted.

Brian

Welocme to Cruise Critic Stix777.

In my experience P&O never upgrade solo travellers, but I guess there is always a first time! In any event, you should be able to mark your booking as no upgrades. Your TA can do this.

Have a wonderful time - you do realise that this cruising lark is addictive I hope!

On my first cruise with P&O aboard Ventura I was upgraded twice in one week. From a forward inside to a midships inside and then to a lovely part obstructed outside forward on E deck. It was a solo booking ;)

Since then I have always booked a specific cabin as some upgrades can be to a higher grade cabin in a bad location.

Welocme to Cruise Critic Stix777.

In my experience P&O never upgrade solo travellers, but I guess there is always a first time! In any event, you should be able to mark your booking as no upgrades. Your TA can do this.

Have a wonderful time - you do realise that this cruising lark is addictive I hope!

Not true. I have been upgraded twice as a solo passenger, in both cases from a standard balcony cabin to a superior deluxe. And very nice they are too.

Not true. I have been upgraded twice as a solo passenger, in both cases from a standard balcony cabin to a superior deluxe. And very nice they are too.

Sharon clearly some peoples face fits and others don't.

I never get an upgrade either....well not from my suite. :rolleyes:

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

Simon, as a nervous flyer I do this every time. If you are prepared to pay a little you can book your seat quite early on. However, I find they often blank out the best seats until 3 days before the flight. The extra you pay has gone down this year [on short flights at least]. You can also check in online for free 24 prior to flying.

Archived