Anyone else???

sparky9016

Is it just me, or does anyone else ever have a sense of "foreboding" before their vacation? I normally don't feel this way, but this time, I just keep feeling like something bad is going to happen to prevent the cruise. (This feeling was there prior to all the bad Carnival press of late). Just wondering if it's common to anyone else... :confused: It's driving me nutz!!!

Is it just me, or does anyone else ever have a sense of "foreboding" before their vacation? I normally don't feel this way, but this time, I just keep feeling like something bad is going to happen to prevent the cruise. (This feeling was there prior to all the bad Carnival press of late). Just wondering if it's common to anyone else... :confused: It's driving me nutz!!!

Guess I'm the opposite, never had that feeling. I always think things will be great. In spite of the events with CCL lately, we still will sail with them and RCI.

Sometimes manifests as obsessively checking and rechecking reservations, and making sure passports and other papers are where they should be.

Nightmare - night before we leave, and I can't find my passport anywhere.

I have to admit that I get a little nervous that maybe, just maybe, something will happen to my ship (Breeze) prior to my April 13 sailing that may force the cancelation of my itinerary.

I was listening to CBS Radio News when they mentioned "another Carnival Cruise ship was having problems" and I kept saying to myself "please don't let it be the Breeze, please don't let it be the Breeze". Turns out it was the Dream and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

HOWEVER, once I have two feet firmly planted on the ship, I will be in FULL VACATION mode and will leave my worries behind.

I have never had this problem before any of my previous cruises but now that I'm taking my daughter with me for the first time I have a lot of anxiety about this trip. I'm considering everything! She can go out on the balcony but no one is allowed to pick her up and be very close to the wall with her because I'm terrified that she might fall. If we go to any beaches she'll only be allowed at the very shallowest parts because I'm afraid she could get swept in somehow. I'm just suddenly a little afraid now and I never have been before. She definitely won't be leaving my sight for a second that's for sure.

I don't worry that something will happen to the ship to prevent me from cruising.

I do worry that something will happen in my life that will prevent me from being able to go.

And actually those worries have reasons because things have happened.

The closer I get to the cruise; the more I worry.

When I am on the cruise I worry that something is wrong at home.

I sometimes wake up on a cruise worrying.

And I dread that first phone call home after debarkation.

I have to admit that I get a little nervous that maybe, just maybe, something will happen to my ship (Breeze) prior to my April 13 sailing that may force the cancelation of my itinerary.

I was listening to CBS Radio News when they mentioned "another Carnival Cruise ship was having problems" and I kept saying to myself "please don't let it be the Breeze, please don't let it be the Breeze". Turns out it was the Dream and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

HOWEVER, once I have two feet firmly planted on the ship, I will be in FULL VACATION mode and will leave my worries behind.

Ha Ha... well I couldn't breathe that huge sigh of relief, as we're on the Dream in a little over a month! LOL! I felt this way before all the issues, and I don't think it's any worse because of them...

When we went on our first cruise we lived in WI and had to fly to FL... and I had those nightmares about leaving our passports/documents behind too. I don't seem to have that fear now... probably helps to live 45 minutes away from the port! :D I'm sure some other irrational worry will pop up before then! ;)

I wasn't nervous with the Triumph incident, but I've admittedly become nervous since the ship we're scheduled to cruise on, the Dream, had its issues.

My hubby who is normally the voice of reason is nervous too & wants to cancel. I'm 50/50 on cancelling since the cruise & airfare are paid in full it won't be cheap to rebook. We've been looking forward to this cruise for awhile & were excited to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

Interesting that the OP's foreboding began prior to the Triumph incident, maybe you're psychic? :)

Nah. Only the fear that something wrong is happening at home while I'm away.

Same here.

I do however often feel quite a bit of stress~anticipation in the days prior to leaving. Usually, once I get to the airport, I am fine.

YES!

All weekend long from Friday afternoon until I woke up this morning. I am a positive thinking person. Had nothing to do with Carnival because I am not worried about that at all..but for some reason though I'd that feeling of "dredge" I just couldn't shake that feeling so I prayed about it. I was no longer excited for our vacation but I am now :) thankfully it passed because our cruise is in 5 days.

Glad to know I am not the only one.

Is it just me, or does anyone else ever have a sense of "foreboding" before their vacation?

Nope, I only have a sense of "For Boarding" as in I am for boarding the ship for my next cruise as soon as possible! ;)

As a small business owner, I always have that fear of something going wrong while I'm gone. This trip especially because this is the first time my wife and I have ever taken 2 weeks off. I know the business will be fine without us there, but still have that nagging worry, deep down.:eek:

Took me 3 years to convince my wife to do this cruise and I'm sure once we're on the ship everything will be wonderful! The only other thing that bothers me a little is I hope she likes the surprise I arranged for her. I arranged for us to renew our vows on the ship since we're celebrating our 40th Anniv. Two of her sisters will be with us, but that's the only family that will be there, so not sure what she's going to think about that. Oh well, It's the thought that counts right?

One question...do you have travel insurance???;)

I have never had this problem before any of my previous cruises but now that I'm taking my daughter with me for the first time I have a lot of anxiety about this trip. I'm considering everything! She can go out on the balcony but no one is allowed to pick her up and be very close to the wall with her because I'm terrified that she might fall. If we go to any beaches she'll only be allowed at the very shallowest parts because I'm afraid she could get swept in somehow. I'm just suddenly a little afraid now and I never have been before. She definitely won't be leaving my sight for a second that's for sure.

I think that comes with being a parent. :D I have become so much more paranoid about things since I became a mom. And I have the same fears. My latest fear is that I am terrified about taking her to the beach because I am afraid I will turn my head and she will drown or something. We have taken her to the beach before but she was 6 months old and not mobile.

But to answer the OP's question- I do too. I think mine stems from a misguided (aka warped) desire to keep my expectations low. I build up my vacation in my mind, so when it comes time for it, I have to lower my expectations, in case it does not live up to it. Yeah, I am a little weird. :D

One question...do you have travel insurance???;)

Ohhhhhh yes! I most certainly do! Ha Ha... I will admit I'm a little OCD and a bit of an anxious traveler anyway... this just feels different somehow. This is a graduation gift for our DD, and her friend is flying down from the midwest to go with us... maybe that is adding an element of additional worry for me this time! LOL

I understand your concern (kind of) but I am a small business owner as well and I just make sure that all personnel knows what to do in an emergency, I make sure the government is paid and that someone will pay my employees and I happily go on my way. My partner is my daughter and she sometimes goes with me but we normally close the business for a holiday then. Just trust that things will be fine and they will. Family is so much more important.

As a small business owner, I always have that fear of something going wrong while I'm gone. This trip especially because this is the first time my wife and I have ever taken 2 weeks off. I know the business will be fine without us there, but still have that nagging worry, deep down.:eek:

Took me 3 years to convince my wife to do this cruise and I'm sure once we're on the ship everything will be wonderful! The only other thing that bothers me a little is I hope she likes the surprise I arranged for her. I arranged for us to renew our vows on the ship since we're celebrating our 40th Anniv. Two of her sisters will be with us, but that's the only family that will be there, so not sure what she's going to think about that. Oh well, It's the thought that counts right?

I'm more worried about the airline not getting me there in time than anything happening on the cruise itself. Airlines have thwarted us time and time again. Normally I would book a flight the day prior to the cruise, but my next cruise is in Europe. We chose to book to arrive the same day since the cruise doesn't depart until 5:00 p.m. and the flight arrives at 6:20 a.m. the day of the cruise. That should be plenty of time unless the airline has a major problem. Then I'll be relying on trip insurance and I'll be very unhappy. :o

So I just have to say.... this whole situation is driving me crazy now... worse than before! ;)

I just got an email from insuremytrip.com saying: "We're aware of the ongoing issues Carnival Cruise Lines has been struggling with for the past few weeks. Today's announcement of several cruise cancellations by Carnival is of particular concern to us. Our records show that you may have booked a Carnival cruise that is impacted by today's cancellations; if so, we are terribly sorry that your plans have been adversely affected."

I just got this about an hour ago, and I'm not aware of any new cancellations today... just the announcement from yesterday, but needless to say, it scared the crap out of me! I don't like this feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop... :mad:

Archived