Labee Questions from 1st time RCCL cruiser

mom x4,grandma x4

I understand its aprivate island and have read all about excursions and beaches there but still have a couple of questions.

On the ship you can buy a soda card to cover the cost of soda pop. Can you use that for pop on the island or do you have to pay for it?

Can you do more than one excursion in a day? I cant find the times of excursions and was wondering if we could do a morning and afternoon excursion if we wanted to?

Are excursions usually all booked up or can you book some the day of arrival?

If we booked a Cabana can you go from there to your excursion or do you have to go back to the ship to go with your group?

I dont swim but do enjoy walking in the water, do most of the beach areas have a gentle slope into the water so it doesnt get deep fast?

One last question, someone mentioned at the end of the dock if you go left there is a Nature trail that takes you up to Dragons breath. Is that correct, I assume there are signs?

Are there other trails to walk on the island? We like hiking and dotn really like sitting on a beach all day.

Thanks for your help, sorry if these sound dumb but when you're a first time cruise to a new island on a new ship it can be a bit over whelming at time. Is there a map of the area I can look at now and study the area?

Kathy

I understand its a private island and have read all about excursions and beaches there but still have a couple of questions.

On the ship you can buy a soda card to cover the cost of soda pop. Can you use that for pop on the island or do you have to pay for it? Yes, the soda card from the ship works on Labadee.

Can you do more than one excursion in a day? I cant find the times of excursions and was wondering if we could do a morning and afternoon excursion if we wanted to? If the timing is right you can do as many excursions as you desire. Look under the shore excursions tab on your on-line reservation to get more details on timing.

Are excursions usually all booked up or can you book some the day of arrival? Depends on what you are looking for. The zip line is usually booked up before getting there, however things like the roller coaster and water park usually have spots. If you are really looking forward to an excursion and would be disappointed if you couldn't get in book it ahead of time.

If we booked a Cabana can you go from there to your excursion or do you have to go back to the ship to go with your group? Most excursion meet on Labadee if I remember correctly. Somebody else may know more?

I dont swim but do enjoy walking in the water, do most of the beach areas have a gentle slope into the water so it doesnt get deep fast? Yes

One last question, someone mentioned at the end of the dock if you go left there is a Nature trail that takes you up to Dragons breath. Is that correct, I assume there are signs?

Are there other trails to walk on the island? We like hiking and dotn really like sitting on a beach all day.

Thanks for your help, sorry if these sound dumb but when you're a first time cruise to a new island on a new ship it can be a bit over whelming at time. Is there a map of the area I can look at now and study the area?

Kathy

See some answers above in red. You will get a map of the "island" to help you out. It really is not that large and most signs are very good at getting you where you want to go.

Don't fear about asking questions. I still ask quite a few even after being at some of the places before. That's the value in these boards.

See some answers above in red. You will get a map of the "island" to help you out. It really is not that large and most signs are very good at getting you where you want to go.

Don't fear about asking questions. I still ask quite a few even after being at some of the places before. That's the value in these boards.

Thank you!!

Thar does help me quite a bit.

I understand its aprivate island and have read all about excursions and beaches there but still have a couple of questions.

On the ship you can buy a soda card to cover the cost of soda pop. Can you use that for pop on the island or do you have to pay for it?

Can you do more than one excursion in a day? I cant find the times of excursions and was wondering if we could do a morning and afternoon excursion if we wanted to?

Are excursions usually all booked up or can you book some the day of arrival?

If we booked a Cabana can you go from there to your excursion or do you have to go back to the ship to go with your group?

I dont swim but do enjoy walking in the water, do most of the beach areas have a gentle slope into the water so it doesnt get deep fast?

Kathy

Welcome to RCI!!!!

We sailed with you on the Disney Magic (8-5-06), which seems like eons ago!!!!

Our then grade-schooler is soon to be graduating High school and going to college!!!!!

Hope You are well.

We love RCI

Doing Allure in July

Sea Ya

Howdy Sue,

Small world isnt it??

We still love DCL and have been on all 4 ships multiple times and have done a Carnival cruise too. But always have wanted to do the Oasis. So we booked it and now we feel like first time cruisers all confused about everything being new accept for Cozumel which we have been to many times.

I guarantee I will get lost multiple times ;) But looking forward to getting lost.

We have 2 more DCL cruises booked and hope to do Holland America in a couple of years but I have a feelign we will love the Oasis so much we will want to do the Allure and few other RCL ships.

How are you besides feeling older now, with a child who is about to be grown up. LOL!! What is it you love about RCL so much? Any must not miss things you can pass on to me?

We are doing well but feeling old most days.:rolleyes: Now have 6 grandkids. One has already graduated college, and married, her younger brother is off to college too. I dont claim them anymore, they are too old. I will just claim the younger 4 which are 14,12,3 and 1. That way I seem younger. LOL!!!

Kathy

Actually, Labadee isn't an "island" at all....it's a penninsula on the north coast of Haiti....entirely private and enclosed!

You're correct. I knew that, but I wasnt sure what to call it at first, so I said island, not penninsula. My bad ;)

Looks like a beautiful place, can't wait to get there!!

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, Labadee isn't an "island" at all....it's a penninsula on the north coast of Haiti....entirely private and enclosed!

What do you mean by enclosed. Can you leave the port area and explore Haiti on your own or meet up with people you know who live in Haiti?

Archived