awful suite

Joe Dandy

I just received a letter from a special advisor to Mr. Stein and they have now also decided to give us a dinner for two in the Pinnacle Grill on a future sailing in addition to the $200 cbc. They did regret my difficulties on that cruise so they are trying to make amends.

I just received a letter from a special advisor to Mr. Stein and they have now also decided to give us a dinner for two in the Pinnacle Grill on a future sailing in addition to the $200 cbc. They did regret my difficulties on that cruise so they are trying to make amends.

excuse me while I laugh:p wow - a whole dinner in the PG - whoopty doo.

Geez.......

Thanks for letting us know and all your effort with HAL.....so sorry this didn't turn out better.....

No one wants confrontation on vacation....however..

Please know......your experience has taught us to be more vocal.....right when it's happening...

Again....sorry........:(

I'm not sure that our opinion really matters..

We were on a 68 day cruise on the Prinsendam & paid a lot more than $7,000 for our cruise..We boarded in Ft. Lauderdale on Jan 5 & the Air Cond. in our cabin was not working..We have an atomic clock with the temp. on it..It was always between 79 & 80 degrees & quite uncomfortable...The Engineers kept trying to fix the air to no avail..The Front desk took periodic temp readings & it constantly remained the same.. Our Stewards even brought us a fan, which helped a bit..The Engineers eventually ordered a new part for the air cond. & finally a week later, on Jan 12, were able to fix it..

DH & I were laughing, as on that day it was cold & rainy outside..But we were very happy that it was finally fixed & never asked for, nor expected any kind of monetary compensation.. By the time the cruise was nearing the end, we had even forgotten about the Air not working..

On March 12, two days before we disembarked we received a very nice letter of apology from the Guest Relations Mgr. which also stated that HAL in Seattle had decided that we should receive a small OBC, close to the amount you were offered, as compensation for our discomfort at the beginning of the cruise..We were astonished as it was completely unexpected.. But, we felt it was a very nice gesture on HAL's part..

Therefore, I agree with Sail that only you can decide if the $200 compensation is adequate..

Cheers...Betty

Of course you paid more then $7000 for a 68 day cruise. That.s a given.

It's too bad that HAL hasn't come through. I imagine if they had made food and beverage allowances ON the cruise it would have made a better impression. Food and beverage is usually the first offering for a negative experience in the hospitality industry. It basically costs the hotel or cruise line nothing, and goes a long way in creating good will. It also sounds like the HAL front desk staff are not up to par with front desks of quality hotels we like to frequent. JMO Cherie

That is beyond an insult IMHO. I am not kidding, I'd be looking at every other cruiseline before HAL got another cent, if this had been my experience. I'm so sorry.

I had a similar experience as the OP's in a hotel in Reno, NV. The boys next door were bouncing off the walls, yelling at each other, jumping from bed to bed and generally doing what young boys do (I have a son :)). One call to the front desk stopped their behavior immediately and we never heard a peep out of them again. Why couldn't HAL do the same thing?

Geez.......

Thanks for letting us know and all your effort with HAL.....so sorry this didn't turn out better.....

No one wants confrontation on vacation....however..

Please know......your experience has taught us to be more vocal.....right when it's happening...

Again....sorry........:(

Usually, I'm the type of person who doesn't like to complain, but I agree this incident and responses in this thread have taught me how to better vocalize my concerns to the right people.

Of course you paid more then $7000 for a 68 day cruise. That.s a given.

You have completely missed my point..We were without Air going into the Caribbean & the Panama Canal from Jan 5 to Jan 12, (8 very warm days out of 68)..:eek:We had trouble sleeping during that time.. Our compensation for being without air for those 8 days, was a bit more than the OP received..

We never asked for compensation & had forgotten about it.. We were completely surprised & delighted when the OBC was applied to our bill! :D

DH & I appreciated HAL's offer, but others might feel that it was not enough..

My point was, we can't judge if the OP received adequate compensation...Each person must decide for themselves what a Company should do to make things right when they have been wronged..In this case the OP has to be satisfied..

Cheers...:)Betty

You have completely missed my point..We were without Air going into the Caribbean & the Panama Canal from Jan 5 to Jan 12, (8 very warm days out of 68)..:eek:We had trouble sleeping during that time.. Our compensation for being without air for those 8 days, was a bit more than the OP received..

We never asked for compensation & had forgotten about it.. We were completely surprised & delighted when the OBC was applied to our bill! :D

DH & I appreciated HAL's offer, but others might feel that it was not enough..

My point was, we can't judge if the OP received adequate compensation...Each person must decide for themselves what a Company should do to make things right when they have been wronged..In this case the OP has to be satisfied..

Cheers...:)Betty

I didn't miss your point. I think it's pretty obvious the Op has to decide for himself. I believe he was asking for opinions.

Archived