awful suite

Joe Dandy

First night - talk to the Front Desk. Second day - talk to the Hotel Manager. Next night it happens tell the Front Desk at the next port I WILL be calling Stein Kruse's office in Seattle ( 206-905-8962 ) and complain. I will not be putting up with having my cruise ruined like that.

The suggestion was made that perhaps the mother might be "friendly" with someone higher up the chain of command which was offered as a reason why nothing was done. It is perplexing because it is obvious to everyone that according to the reported incident, something should have been done. ASAP.

And since it was not, one then reasonably conjures some likely scenarios that may have prevented this swift action. I jumped in only when someone else suggested a higher-up "relationship" interference was an absurd possibility, as in it would never happen. My point was only that these types of dalliances between the chain of command and others down the food chain can and do happen.

Keeping on topic is always good policy, but the topic quickly became why something was not done. Interfering entanglements can be a reason; not a good one but this was just not adding up as reported. And as always, one needs to hear the other side of the story to fully understand the entire situation.

Thank You now I understand

The mother was "entertaining" some one "higher up the chain of command" as you state and also had her three boys with her

Of course every one in security or customer service was aware of this and the word was spread to ignore any and all complaints regarding her or her children. Don't want those "down the food chain" to offend someone "higher up the chain of command"

Per the OP security took action on several occassions, , but the problem continued shortly after

As to the other side of the story, hopefully the OP will get an explanation from HAL and share with us

One more possible explanation was not that the mother was with one of the higher ups, but was actually a member of a terrorist group taking a break from their bomb making activities.

She brought herr children along and sent a message that they were on the ship and any action taken against her or her family would result in her group either hijacking the ship or blowing it up

I guess anything is possible and would be interested in hearing what others on this board think might have kept HAl from acting on the OP's complaint

The mother was "entertaining" some one "higher up the chain of command" as you state and also had her three boys with her

Of course every one in security or customer service was aware of this and the word was spread to ignore any and all complaints regarding her or her children. Don't want those "down the food chain" to offend someone "higher up the chain of command"

Per the OP security took action on several occassions, , but the problem continued shortly after

As to the other side of the story, hopefully the OP will get an explanation from HAL and share with us

One more possible explanation was not that the mother was with one of the higher ups, but was actually a member of a terrorist group taking a break from their bomb making activities.

She brought herr children along and sent a message that they were on the ship and any action taken against her or her family would result in her group either hijacking the ship or blowing it up

I guess anything is possible and would be interested in hearing what others on this board think might have kept HAl from acting on the OP's complaint

Now you've gone and done it. :D:D

Are you having a screen writer get this ready for the 'big screen'? :D

Who will play the lead roles? :D

That too. ;)

First night - talk to the Front Desk. Second day - talk to the Hotel Manager. Next night it happens tell the Front Desk at the next port I WILL be calling Stein Kruse's office in Seattle ( 206-905-8962 ) and complain. I will not be putting up with having my cruise ruined like that.

Wow,I like your style! That takes it right to the front of the line. I will keep that number handy.

I still have not heard from Holland. I tried calling that number 2069058962 but its a fax number. I am now trying to stop all their ads from filling my mailbox. I will not cruise with them again. Thanks for all your responses. I am 67 and did not want to seem like a grumpy old man.

I still have not heard from Holland. I tried calling that number 2069058962 but its a fax number. I am now trying to stop all their ads from filling my mailbox. I will not cruise with them again. Thanks for all your responses. I am 67 and did not want to seem like a grumpy old man.

I'm not trying to be a wise mouth........

But why not send a fax?

Copy what you wrote here and fax it to them.

I'm not trying to be a wise mouth........

But why not send a fax?

Copy what you wrote here and fax it to them.

Just be aware that some fax lines especially the ones for customer services are often situated next to a paper shredder, the paper drop directly into the shredder, no needs to read anything... That isn't because they don't want to respond to people, its because of the massive spam amount (yes it does exist and it cost a lot more money than email spam) they receive by having a public fax number available. My dad had a fax number for 3 yrs when I was younger, you wouldn't believe how much spam we could receive, in 1 night, we had decided to make the test, we ended up with 350 pages wasted from different spammers, we ended up setting a fax to email system, such a relief once we could simply delete the spam fax and never have to worry about running out of paper for important fax...

Wow,I like your style! That takes it right to the front of the line. I will keep that number handy.

I just keyed it into my iPhone, along with a photo of Mr. Kruse, so I can SHOW them whom I'm calling! I hope, of course, I'll never need it.

We had a suite on the Noordam. It was a great cabin but unfortunately next to us were 3 boys ages about 10 12 and 14. Their mother put them in a suite while according to Hollands manager the mother made other sleeping arrangements.

Who/what is "Hollands manager" ?

Who/what is "Hollands manager" ?

Thanks. I've been wondering (curious) the same thing?

Bar Manager

Guest Relations Manager

Dining Room Manager

Hotel Director (Manager)

Excursions Manager

etc

Now, this is ridiculous and not even close to being funny.

:eek:

I'm sorry this happened to you and HAL should have done something to correct the issue. I couldn't have handled it.

I have to wonder about the mother. Who would leave 3 unruly boys alone in a cabin with a balcony? It's surprising that one of them didn't go overboard.

A mother with a hot boyfriend on board!

HAL's policy is supposedly that children cannot be in a cabin by themselves, must be an adult with them. Since at least one manager knew the situation of the kids alone disturbing other pax, and probably more than one knew, it would have been easy to enforce the policy when her kids caused complaints since she openly was not staying with her wild kids. Warn her and then kick them off the ship if she wouldn't comply. Sounds like it is more than possible that HAL staff was covering up something. Handled badly and unfairly.

What manager said this? Not that it matters, but since OP was complaining about a cabin situation I would think GRM and/or Hotel Director. Not likely he was complaining to Bar or Dining Room mgrs.

Still have not heard from Hal. The real problem is I paid top dollar as it was booked through them and not Costco or an on line agency. So they got my money and ran.

Unfortunately, they do take time to reply - some have been very successful and very pleased - others not - myself and I think most people who have posted think you have very good points. i do hope HAL listens and does something for you.

Archived