Celebrity Equinox vs Ruby Princess

whitecap

Thank you so much for your excellent & timely review! I leave on my first Celebrity cruise soon. I'm at the Elite level with both cruise lines, so I'll also be interested to see how the perks compare and if they are things I will actually use. The Solstice Class looks beautiful and the cabins look so comfortable but I know there will be Princess things I'll miss. But, I figure you can't knock it until you try it. I know so many people that just love Celebrity, that I figured I should give it a try. I will have to constantly remind myself to keep an open mind. Thanks again for the great information! ;)

We are just off the equinox and would like to comment on the Cafe. The pastries, cookies and tea sandwiched are free in Cafe Bianco. The coffee is all expresso based and there is no drip coffee. I did have cafe americano as the closest to what I like but much preferred the drip on Princess or even better the Blue Mountain coffee that I upgraded to sometimes. The coffee was included in our beverage package and I did enjoy the cappacinos too. The coffee card on Princess is a better value if that is your drink of choice.

:)Thanks for the comparison thread here. Reasonably new to CC and only one cruise under my belt so far......heading out on the Ruby in the MED in Sept so enjoyed your positive comments. Loved the Diamond in Alaska so very much looking forward to our next cruise and picking up lots of hints here....Vicki

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed your comparison. We usually sail on Princess but just disembarked the Equinox on Monday. Celebrity is now our favorite cruise line

We also agree with you about the shows being the best we've seen on a cruises s hip. Outstanding entertainment:)

We ate in Blu every night since we were in Aqua Class and loved every single meal. Our towels were not thread bare in Aqua; very plush. Our cabin stewards were excellent. We never had to wait for anything or request anything.

We are looking forward to trying the new Royal Princess. But for now, we love Celebrity. And the Martinis :D.

Whitecap did you post this review on the Celebrity boards?

No I didn't. Because we had planned both cruises and friends on the Princess boards asked for the comparison as they had either never been on Celebrity or were looking at a Celebrity cruise.

We were on Ruby last Nov, it had been 20 yrs since our last Princess cruise, it was not the same. We are booked on the Celebrity Reflection for this Nov, last Celebrity was Dec 2000. We hope it is closer to what we remember.

Excellent comparison.

Thanks for the comparative review. We just sailed the Ruby Princess and saw the Equinox in port with us. For a fleeting moment we thought about trying out Celebrity, but we really enjoyed our Princess cruise. Whenever we venture outside of our Disney comfort zone, we will be sticking with Princess as we really loved our experience on board!

Archived