Has anyone on SIL met CEO Bayley?

Orator

Michael Balyley is currently on Silhouette for the President's cruise. Has anyone met him or heard him speak? Many are expecting some announcements. Updates appreciated.

They are all too busy having a good time:D:);)

Michael Balyley is currently on Silhouette for the President's cruise. Has anyone met him or heard him speak? Many are expecting some announcements. Updates appreciated.

Hi Orator,

I was hoping we might hear some information as well. As Lois mentioned, they are probably too busy having a good time. Let's hope a Cruise Critic member on the sailing will provide an update.

Hopefully, he will have ''enjoyed'' the embarkation experience as do thousands of other guests on RCCL & Celebrity '' fortunate'' enough to be at terminal 25.....:rolleyes::(...and perhaps by the time the disembarkation process is done, he'll get a clue or two....

Cheers

You can bet your life that no matter what, everything from embarkation to debarkation and all that is in between will operate like the well-oiled machine it is supposed to be with Bayley on board.

Think about it. For those of you who are Veterans, recall what it was like when they knew the brass would be coming to your unit? Hell, we spit-shined the light bulbs!

Meaningful inspections intended to give an honest analysis of strengths and weaknesses are done unannounced and by undercover personnel.

Then again, it is charming to think that Mike Bayley climbs aboard one of his own vessels to get away from it all.

Betcha a dollar to your dime Micky Arison wouldn't be caught dead on a Carnival Cruise any faster than Ben Baldanza would fly Spirit Airlines.

Have a smooth crossing, Mike. Don't forget to tip your underlings on the way out.

When dh and I were on Connie in Jan. of this year - we were actually the 1st on the ship and as we were walking around near the empty theater - there was Michael Bayley (spell?) do some inspections with a very small group of maybe 5 or 6 officers and others. Was it a scheduled look see - who knows but it sure impressed us to see him on little ol Connie.

When dh and I were on Connie in Jan. of this year - we were actually the 1st on the ship and as we were walking around near the empty theater - there was Michael Bayley (spell?) do some inspections with a very small group of maybe 5 or 6 officers and others. Was it a scheduled look see - who knows but it sure impressed us to see him on little ol Connie.

He was also on Century for a look.

We sailed on the Century in July 2001. Seated next to us was the CEO's wife and family. Ceo wasn't sailing. I can tell you this much. It was hands down the best cruise we had taken in 17 cruises. Everyone was on their "a" game.

At that time I think it was Jack Williams.

Strange that this cruise is more than half over and not a single report. I wonder if Bayley's hiding or no one from Cruise Critic is onboard.

There are people on board. There was a roll call for the cruise.

This is a case of you wanting information;)....there are plenty of roll

calls where folks do not check in here.......I guess you will find out

on Sunday or Monday since Silhouette sails SUN-SUN.

There are people on board. There was a roll call for the cruise.

This is a case of you wanting information;)....there are plenty of roll

calls where folks do not check in here.......I guess you will find out

on Sunday or Monday since Silhouette sails SUN-SUN.

Hi Lois:

You are correct: I just want information. I'd like to know if what I've been hearing from usually reliable sources is correct. I was on SIL last weekand some Senior Staff thought that there would be some announcements. One person told me that they have been informed of a change in their department. Another person on a recent cruise told me that they were at a meeting in Miami where the Loyalty program was discussed and they revealed that a new program has ben developed. Guess I'm just curious. Thought that this cruise would be an excellent time to put a good spin on any changes. Won't be the last time I'll be wrong.

I'd like to know if what I've been hearing from usually reliable sources is correct. .

My thoughts were the same. Why make a big issue of having a special President's cruise if the president doesn't take the opportunity to release information about the enhancements to the Captain's Club program? However I think that a press release will be issued at the same time as the ship board announcement.

In December Michael Bayley announced that changes would be implemented in the third quarter. I too was hoping for a sneak peek into the new program.

My thoughts were the same. Why make a big issue of having a special President's cruise if the president doesn't take the opportunity to release information about the enhancements to the Captain's Club program? However I think that a press release will be issued at the same time as the ship board announcement.

In December Michael Bayley announced that changes would be implemented in the third quarter. I too was hoping for a sneak peek into the new program.

I don't know why they would wait for the third quarter if a decision has already been made as I've been told. Perhaps they want to tie it into a promotion that will take people to the next level. One thing is certain:You'llbe at the top tier as earned.

Bet the food in the Grand Cuvee is better for him this week than our cruise last week. What a disappointment.

Every meal?:confused: Nothing good all week?:eek:....did you at least have

a good cruise?

Every meal?:confused: Nothing good all week?:eek:....did you at least have

a good cruise?

I was on that cruise as well, but in AQ. It was a wonderful cruise. The Captain was outstanding and Bernard was the HD and Lisa the CD. What more is there to say?

I was on that cruise as well, but in AQ. It was a wonderful cruise. The Captain was outstanding and Bernard was the HD and Lisa the CD. What more is there to say?

You always have a good time:D

When I see a person with 1 post and all they say it was a disappointment?.....:eek:......the entire week was a disappointment?,,,yikes!

:confused:

Hi Lois

All week the food seemed to be off, and uninspired. The lobster was a good meal. Thats about it. Just expected much more in the food department from what I had read and heard about Celebrity

We had great weather and the ship was very nice and well kept. We liked our cabin and the crew was nice and all the officers where visible. This wasn't one of our better cruises.

It takes all the elements together to make for a good cruise

My wife and I like to cruise with Princess and thought we would give Celebrity a whirl

I guess anything beats working

I think it was Richard Sasso.

Ok...maybe it was...I know I started sailing with Celebrity in 2003

and Jack Williams was CEO......never heard of Richard Sasso. Must

have been before my time.

Ok...maybe it was...I know I started sailing with Celebrity in 2003

and Jack Williams was CEO......never heard of Richard Sasso. Must

have been before my time.

I believe Richard Sasso was president from 1995 to November 2001. I believe Mr. Williams took over in 2001 after Mr. Sasso.

I believe Richard Sasso was president from 1995 to 2001. I believe Mr. Williams took over in 2001.

Hi Nancy:) well, there you go......I learn something new every

day on here:D

Archived