Paid off!! Well almost

kirban67

Went to pay my cruise off today..went to the bank transferred some cash to checking and called my pvp...well I have 2 cabins ..1st one went thru 2nd was declined I'm like ***...here even though I put enough to cover it bank only lets so much per day which I didn't know...but do now...so tomorrow will be the day lol!!!!

Went to pay my cruise off today..went to the bank transferred some cash to checking and called my pvp...well I have 2 cabins ..1st one went thru 2nd was declined I'm like ***...here even though I put enough to cover it bank only lets so much per day which I didn't know...but do now...so tomorrow will be the day lol!!!!

I would change banks

That happened to me once when I was buying furniture! My "per day spending limit" was pre-set for me by the bank and I had no idea prior to attempting to refurnish my condo! Embarrassing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cant you transfer the money from home on your computer?

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bank wanted to know why I needed my daily spending limit of 2k upped when I was buying airfare. I said, "I need to make a purchase. I don't really feel I need to justify to you why I need it upped. I've verified it's me but if you need to know- I'm buying airfare." And the lady said, "well I'd be looking for cheaper." Really? Did she seriously judge how I spend my money? It was for two European flights, which aren't a drop in the bucket!

I can understand and Appreciate why they do it though. If you somehow were to lose your card, the thief can't go and drain your whole account. And all it takes is a simple call to cs and they'll up it for ya..

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

No worries - just call your bank and ask for a temporary increase to your daily signature limit. The limit is there to protect you, but I'm sure they will assist you with your purchase after confirming your identity.

Happy cruising!

I can understand and Appreciate why they do it though. If you somehow were to lose your card, the thief can't go and drain your whole account. And all it takes is a simple call to cs and they'll up it for ya..

I would hope that customer service isn't going to up anybodys card because i say I am somebody else and not ask more questions, like birthdate, last 4 of social, etc.

Heck you can't even access a CCL booking on the phone without answering lots of security questions unless you have a pin number.

Bill

I agree. I like having my limit for that reason. If I need to purchase something immediately over my limit, I have my credit cards for that! I wanted to pay off my cruise and was in no rush to do it, so I signed in for 6 days and paid it off day by day.

I would hope that customer service isn't going to up anybodys card because i say I am somebody else and not ask more questions, like birthdate, last 4 of social, etc.

Heck you can't even access a CCL booking on the phone without answering lots of security questions unless you have a pin number.

Bill

I cant call the bank to up the limit. I have to appear in person and show ID. If someone stole my entire pocketbook, they would have all my personal info to answer questions over the phone.

Why not just pay with Credit Card and pay the bill off at the end of the month. No interest charges and all costs go through.

I could have, but I wanted to pay it off completely at that time. I didnt want to pay with a charge and a month later, pay the charge. Unfortunately, my CCs have no rewards for spending. (one use to for flights and they did away with it). I keep them because the interest rates are low (not sure why Im even explaining this???)

I did see an AD the other day for a Carnival CC with point rewards...tempting!

Why not just pay with Credit Card and pay the bill off at the end of the month. No interest charges and all costs go through.

That would seem to be the easiest thing to do.:)

Like I said earlier. If i didn't want to use my credit card and was making a big purchase online like paying for the cruise, I'd log onto my banks website,hit a couple keys and the money is now transferred into checking.

Go to Carnivals website or whomever I booked with, hit a couple more keys and voila, I'm done in 5 minutes.:)

I rarely see my bank unless I have to go make a deposit. Still waiting for our bank to have the feature of depositing a check by phone but it's coming.

Bill

Man, don't up your limits permanently, that's protection if someone gets your digits

Just know what they are and call the bank when you need to spend more. They'll flag your card to let that specific amount through one-time.

Man, don't up your limits permanently, that's protection if someone gets your digits

Just know what they are and call the bank when you need to spend more. They'll flag your card to let that specific amount through one-time.

Generally when you call to get an increase, the increase will only be good for about 24 hours, then the original limits will be re enforced. Banks do this as a courtesy to their customers..

Call your bank and let them know that you need an increase on your debit card spending for one day. Some banks will allow you to do that increase your limit for a day, or even while on vacation, but check with them first.

When I went to book my cruise, I knew my daily limit wasn't enough to pay off the cabins. I told the Carnival lady that on the phone, and told her I'll call back the next day to do the final booking. Well, since it was within 75 days of sailing, she said she couldn't hold it, but she told me that the debit card has a limit like that, but electronic checks don't.

So, that's what I did, I gave her the numbers off my check, and she ran it, everything went through and saved me the call to the bank. I really had no idea that was the case! It always amazes me what people know that I don't! :)

As has been said, just call the bank tell them the merchant and about how much and there shouldn't be a problem. I had to make sure I did that before I bought my now wife's engagement ring. Good thing I did otherwise it would have declined! A bad omen.

Archived