Haven Restaurant - Better Than Others?

SavvyCruiserNJ

Is the Haven Restaurant better than the other restaurants on board? Do they do special things for you/ is it similar to Queens Grill on Cunard?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think it's better. The food is better, I think. The service is better. The menu is limited but you can always ask to get something else and if they can, they will get it for you. They also have daily specials which often are very good.

The service is better than the MDR. The staff get to know you each day. The food is not really better. They have a limited menu but the food is pretty good

Someone who likes the service but think that the menu is too limited can always ask if they can get what's served in the MDR. I think that the answer to that question always is yes. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure that someone who knows that I'm wrong will correct me!

• 3 weeks later...
just wondering if the haven restaurant is free for suite passengers? can non suite passengers be brought to haven area?

Yes the haven restaurant is free for suite guests, it's great- good food and great service.

No, non suite guests are not allowed in the haven.

just wondering if the haven restaurant is free for suite passengers? can non suite passengers be brought to haven area?

You can bring non-suite passengers to your Haven Suite (and arrange lunch or dinner there with your butler), but they aren't allowed to use the Haven area or the Haven restaurant.

You can bring non-suite passengers to your Haven Suite (and arrange lunch or dinner there with your butler), but they aren't allowed to use the Haven area or the Haven restaurant.

This is interesting. Do you know this for a fact? I'd assume they wouldn't provide the meals no non haven members, even if in your suite.

We had looked at the possibility of having a friend book the adjoining balcony room to our S6 but the friend wanted to be able to eat at the haven restaurant with us. IF they are able to have haven meals with us in our suite, that could possibly change things. Although I still think they'd feel left out, not being able to enter the haven areas.

This is interesting. Do you know this for a fact? I'd assume they wouldn't provide the meals no non haven members, even if in your suite.

We had looked at the possibility of having a friend book the adjoining balcony room to our S6 but the friend wanted to be able to eat at the haven restaurant with us. IF they are able to have haven meals with us in our suite, that could possibly change things. Although I still think they'd feel left out, not being able to enter the haven areas.

Yes, I do know this for a fact. ;)

As of last September and November on the Epic: Suite/Haven guests could bring non-suite guests with them to the Haven Restaurant for dinner for a $25 cover charge. I think the limit was that we could only take advantage of this 2 times on a 7 day cruise and we were limited to bringing either 2 or 4 guests per dinner (just can't remember if it was 2 or 4 since we only brought 2, but I think they may have told us the max was 4).

Had six days with Cagney's breakfast/lunch access on a 4 day Sky / 2 day Pearl. We never went back after one lunch and one breakfast. Buffet was just as good. But this may have been influenced by the age of the kids at the time and will try again next time.

As of last September and November on the Epic: Suite/Haven guests could bring non-suite guests with them to the Haven Restaurant for dinner for a $25 cover charge. I think the limit was that we could only take advantage of this 2 times on a 7 day cruise and we were limited to bringing either 2 or 4 guests per dinner (just can't remember if it was 2 or 4 since we only brought 2, but I think they may have told us the max was 4).

This is correct.

The fact that they will serve non-suite passengers meals in the Haven suites without the surcharge, confirms my belief that the Haven restaurant meals are not special--just the service there is.

In any case, to answer an earlier post, I don't believe you can compare the Haven restaurant to the Queens Grill on a Cunard ship....perhaps so in concept, but not in the menu delivered.....

The fact that they will serve non-suite passengers meals in the Haven suites without the surcharge, confirms my belief that the Haven restaurant meals are not special--just the service there is.

In any case, to answer an earlier post, I don't believe you can compare the Haven restaurant to the Queens Grill on a Cunard ship....perhaps so in concept, but not in the menu delivered.....

There is a charge for non-suite guests - $25 per person and you are limited to how many people and how often.

There is a charge for non-suite guests - $25 per person and you are limited to how many people and how often.

Okay, I misunderstood the info from some earlier posts...I thought they would only charge that fee if you brought the non-suite guests into the restaurant. Thanks for clearing that up.

Archived