Port of Miami

saphir

There will be a line of customers and usually a line of taxis as you come out of the ship's customs/immigration/luggage area. Taxi from Port Everglades to MIA will run $85+ :eek: and the ride takes 40-45+ minutes. For an 11:25 flight you need to be at MIA by 9:00 (earlier is better), which means in a cab by 8:15 -- carry all of your luggage off, say your prayers, and remember to NEVER book a flight this early from a distant airport again! :o

Good luck! :)

Thanks for answering.We are going from the port of Miami to MIA. Do you know about the taxi queue at POM?

Thanks for answering.We are going from the port of Miami to MIA. Do you know about the taxi queue at POM?

Taxi from POM to MIA is easy -- lots of cabs and a flat rate fare of $24+tip for the cab. The ride takes about 15 minutes. Good luck! :)

the Carnival website is not working for me right now. I believe that I checked a week or so ago about the recommended earliest flight out of MIA form POM. I think that it said 11:00am, but can someone please comfirm that for me??

My airfare is down a little this morning, and I would like to book an 11:30 flight, before it goes back up...

I called customer service at the company that I booked through. They told me to NEVER book a flight less than 5-6 hours after the scheduled time that the ship returns to port.:confused:

I asked him if this was the rule that he used personally, and he said yes.:rolleyes:

I was just able to get back on the Carnival website, and it said 11:30am.

While I do think that the 11:35 flight is doable, I have found another option that would take a little of stress out of debarkation.

Thanks for your help!

I called customer service at the company that I booked through. They told me to NEVER book a flight less than 5-6 hours after the scheduled time that the ship returns to port.:confused:

I asked him if this was the rule that he used personally, and he said yes.:rolleyes:

While I do think that the 11:35 flight is doable, I have found another option that would take a little of stress out of debarkation.

Thanks for your help!

Stuff happens and I would not want to be worrying about making my return flight during the cruise. That said, EVERY cruise we have done out of Miami we have been off the ship NLT than 9:00 AM (usually by then they are ready to push the last stragglers off! :p).

For an 11:30 flight you need to be at MIA by 9:30-10:00, which means clear of customs/immigration and in a taxi with your bags by 9:15-9:45. It's very "do-able" and if you are worried you can always carry your own bags off the ship and be in a cab even earlier. Good luck! :)

Thanks for your help!

I'm a believe that you should never stress out worrying about making a flight. So, if you found something a little later I would do that. I would arrive to the airport 2 hours before the flight as depending on the day and time of the week getting through security can take awhile.

Have a great time.

Keith

We were there this past Feb. We flew into Ft lauderdale . Took a town car to Miami hotel. After the cruise, we left Miami and took Carnival bus to Ft lauderdale. We were off the bus into the airport, checked our luggage and were through TSA by 9:45. We didnt have a flight booked til 5:30. There were no flights after 11 that day til 5:30 .. They usually only check your luggage 4 hours ahead. Not sure if because that was weekend 5500 flights had been cancelled from Friday and Sat or not. There was a big blizzard. We had to sit there all day but at least we got there early.

Archived