Your thoughts on the Fantasy, please =]

My wife and I will be returning to the Fantasy for the 4th time for the April 21 cruise. After cruising with Holland America and Celebrity for many years we decided a couple of years ago to give Carnival a try since Charleston is 4 hours away. We booked the Fantasy with low expecttions but were pleasantly surprised. As others have said, the serenity area is adults only and has 2 hot tubs and a great place to lie in the sun or shade.

We've tried the dining room for breakfast on other much more expensive ships and found them to be wanting. Not so on the Fantasy. We found the service very nice and quick.

We're not much into shows and entertainment, but the comedy shows are good, but get there early for a good seat. We like the karaoke shows too. I like to play blackjack and always have a good time at the tables on the Fantasy. My wife has a couple of massages and thinks the spa is very nice.

I think you'll like the Fantasy.

I have been on the Fantasy many times, she was the first ship I went on. I have been on several other ships, but still like her the best! Have a great time:). Wish I was going on her again soon, maybe I'll go over to the carnival site and see what they have on the fantasy!

Pam

Goingtoseetheworld, sounds like a great 21st birthday plan for your sister on the Fantasy. My daughter's 21st was on a Carnival cruise (the Dream)--she turned 21 during the cruise and proudly wore her light up tiara and banner that night. The minute it turned midnight on her day she turned 21, we were at the closest bar and she ordered the round of drinks and signed for them( her S & S was attached to my bill, though). So, even though she wasn't 21 when we boarded the ship, as soon as she turned 21 on the cruise, she was able to order drinks.

We are also from the Pittsburgh area and I also hate to fly to ports so we drive, and, yes, even to Florida. We've driven to Charleston twice for Fantasy cruises and even though that ship is the oldest in the fleet and IMO showing her age, I still like to cruise on her. The Cat's Lounge is small and not that ridiculous in person. These Fantasy class ships are just so easy to navigate and it feels like I'm "home" when I'm on them.

Hope your sister has a great birthday cruise.

Goingtoseetheworld, sounds like a great 21st birthday plan for your sister on the Fantasy. My daughter's 21st was on a Carnival cruise (the Dream)--she turned 21 during the cruise and proudly wore her light up tiara and banner that night. The minute it turned midnight on her day she turned 21, we were at the closest bar and she ordered the round of drinks and signed for them( her S & S was attached to my bill, though). So, even though she wasn't 21 when we boarded the ship, as soon as she turned 21 on the cruise, she was able to order drinks.

We are also from the Pittsburgh area and I also hate to fly to ports so we drive, and, yes, even to Florida. We've driven to Charleston twice for Fantasy cruises and even though that ship is the oldest in the fleet and IMO showing her age, I still like to cruise on her. The Cat's Lounge is small and not that ridiculous in person. These Fantasy class ships are just so easy to navigate and it feels like I'm "home" when I'm on them.

Hope your sister has a great birthday cruise.

Glad to read this :) Also glad to see that it's worth the drive from Pittsburgh ;) I wish I could fly, it's a shame too since we could ride our bikes to the airport it's so close, lol.

Your reviews were wonderful! You two seem like a blast-hopefully I can be on one of your sailings in the future. :)

Thank you! I have that Halloween Girl's cruise coming up and thinking of booking with the Andrew for his birthday in February on Fantasy again. ;)

Thank you! I have that Halloween Girl's cruise coming up and thinking of booking with the Andrew for his birthday in February on Fantasy again. ;)

Ah!! We're going on the cruise that ENDS the 28th. =[ lol.

It works out perfect, it starts on the 23rd and my sister's birthday is the 24th :-D

I just looked at Fantasy, and saw that there are no balconies,only suites , and not so many of those. Anyone ever get an ocean view on this ship. I've been going on Holland and Princess and usually get a balcony for a good price. Thanks, all!

Absolutely love the Fantasy. We have been on her twice and would not hesitate to go again. We were on her in January and took my parents on their very first cruise and they loved it. The Fantasy is very easy to get around on, love the layout of the ship. Have a great cruise!!:)

I dread when the day comes that she is retired. I hope she is the fleet for years to come.

Well, it's current for sale, so I wouldn't bet on the years to come thing. But they are still booking cruises out through April 2014. I don't know if that means they'll definitely keep sailing her that long, or if a buyer came along they'd suddenly cancel some of those sailings.

It could even be beyond April 2014 and Carnival just hasn't released those dates yet.

Next week at this time I will be on the Lido deck of the Fantasy enjoying some type of beverage instead of sitting in the lobby of Fast Lube Plus getting my oil changed as I am now doing.

My DS turns 21 on the 9th and we sail on the 11th! This is what he wanted for his birthday and I couldn't be happier!

Kim

Next week at this time I will be on the Lido deck of the Fantasy enjoying some type of beverage instead of sitting in the lobby of Fast Lube Plus getting my oil changed as I am now doing.

My DS turns 21 on the 9th and we sail on the 11th! This is what he wanted for his birthday and I couldn't be happier!

Kim

That's awesome! Hope you have an awesome cruise! :)

It's nice to see that there are people returning to sail again on the Fantasy, can't be that bad then :)

Everyone who is going has sailed before except for one person-but I'm sure she'll just be excited to be on a ship.

I also will be returning to bring my grown daughter for her first cruise.

Just a smaller class ship but also convenient to drive into within a few hours. Had a great time the other two trips on it. :D

My wife and I have been on the Fantasy 4 times and we are going on the Fantasy again in October. This is a very nice ship, it's the oldest ship in the fleet but it just came out of dry dock. The serenity deck is really nice. I think you made a good choice. Remember a vacation is what you make it. If you go to have a good time you will, good luck.

When in October are you sailing on her?

Have planned cruise on Fantasy for my DD who will be turning 21 on the day of embarkation and her boyfriend who turns 21 few days prior. We had to call Carnival direct to book their room but no problem in the end. We will be celebrating both birthdays in big fashion. BTW, DH, 16 yr DD sailed Fantasy last July and had a wonderful time. Looking forward to returning to her.

We leave in 2 days for our third trip on the Fantasy. We like the size of the ship. The staff is very friendly and efficient. A big plus for us is the less than 2 hour drive. The ship is a little dated, but well kept. As for "Cat's Lounge", my wife and I spend some time there almost every night. The decor is a little strange, but there's a nice dance floor. The band on the previous two cruises, "Music Boardwalk", is from the Philippines and was very good. My wife and I love to shag (that's the Carolina Shag dance) and they played quite a few songs we could dance to. Hope you have fun!!

I MYself, didnt like the Ship at All.. BUT that sure doesnt mean U wont :) I told my DW, DM, DSD that I will NEVER go on that ship again.. Out of all of my 6 or 7 Carnival Cruises this was the Worst.. I believe it MAY have been due to the Size of the Ship and the Oldness of it, and Lay out.. BUT I will save EVERY Crew member I came in contact with was VERY nice... SO this Young, love to Cruise and Be Happy Women will stick to the Bigger Ships (OR the ones Not in the class) Good Luck and Im sure yall/ UR DS will have a Fab B~Day this is VERY kind of you...

Archived