Carnival please give us something NEW

DUCHESSRN

We have been loyal Carnival Cruisers for years but on our last cruise in March searched for something new to book and found nothing .

I feel the delay in posting schedules is frustrating , most of the other lines at least have Alaska 2014 out . Either we have something new and fun in the works or the delay is hurting bookings I am sure .

Meanwhile RCCL is taking Oasis for a short tour of Europe this fall 2 T/A and a few short Med cruises , that is great marketing on their part.

Carnival please do something .

We have been loyal Carnival Cruisers for years but on our last cruise in March searched for something new to book and found nothing .

I feel the delay in posting schedules is frustrating , most of the other lines at least have Alaska 2014 out . Either we have something new and fun in the works or the delay is hurting bookings I am sure .

Meanwhile RCCL is taking Oasis for a short tour of Europe this fall 2 T/A and a few short Med cruises , that is great marketing on their part.

Not quite sure where to start. Carnival has a ship in Australia. Carnival has two ships in Europe - one southern, the other northern. Carnival just sailed a ship around South America. Where else would you like them to go?

Personally I would like Carnival to change some of their Caribbean routes to include some different stops. There isn't much variety between the Carnival ships that cruise there.

I feel EXACTLY this way. MSC has some nice caribbean routes and they are the same price as CCL. I may have to try them out next!

I dont mean this snarky, but if you want something new then look at other lines. It is alright to try someone new. I honestly do not get complete brand loyalty. I would be so bored with cruising if I only did Carnival. Look around and explore. It is fun to try out another line that you have never been on.

They change the dreams itinerary for next year I believe they're adding Aruba and a few other stops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OIIIO

CCL has been doing Aruba since 2005. I was there on CCL 3 weeks after the Natalie H. (whatever her last name is incident). I am also going there on the Breeze in May. What I think they added is Curacao, or did they have that one for a while too?

I totally agree. It is time for them to sit down with a map and plan some different routes. I love the Caribbean, but the itineraries never vary. It would be great to see two ships sailing out of SJPR, with different itineraries. Starting that far south opens up a lot of possibilities.

And FTLOG, does every eastern route have to stop in Nassau?

I agree! We booked NCL's new ship the Breakaway, even though Carnival does almost the same itinerary.

In late 2014, we are going to try Royal Caribbean's newest ship! Carnival has been cruising to Aruba and Curacao for years. They should add other ports, like Guadalope, St. Croix, travel more to Tortola or Antigua.

Why not book with MSC if the price is similar to Carnival? Explore!!

I dont mean this snarky, but if you want something new then look at other lines. It is alright to try someone new. I honestly do not get complete brand loyalty. I would be so bored with cruising if I only did Carnival. Look around and explore. It is fun to try out another line that you have never been on.
I am not loyal to the "brand", I am however, loyal to the pricing and the service I have enjoyed (I say that knowing not everyone has had the same experience I have had). Additionally, my SO is a creature of habit and he likes getting on the ships and knowing where to find everything. He is also a committed smoker and appreciates the freedom to sit on his balcony with his morning coffee and smoke.

So you see, it isn't just about the Carnival name. I would be happy to sail other lines if I could pry his hands off the rail of the Carnival ships. :D

I'm confused as to why you would wait for Carnival. If the purpose of your cruise is to see different ports than Carnival is offering, then sail the ship (not the line) that goes to the ports you want to go to. We always choose the ship we want to sail based on what we out of our vacation...the cruise line is not a factor (although the ship may be if want to sail a certain ship). I really don't get cruise line loyalty.

CCL has been doing Aruba since 2005. I was there on CCL 3 weeks after the Natalie H. (whatever her last name is incident). I am also going there on the Breeze in May. What I think they added is Curacao, or did they have that one for a while too?

Curacao is new to them. Aruba had been cutback to limited trips due to (I assume) fuel costs. They have begun to start going back to Aruba more frequently.

I am not loyal to the "brand", I am however, loyal to the pricing and the service I have enjoyed (I say that knowing not everyone has had the same experience I have had). Additionally, my SO is a creature of habit and he likes getting on the ships and knowing where to find everything. He is also a committed smoker and appreciates the freedom to sit on his balcony and smoke with his morning coffee.

So you see, it isn't just about the Carnival name. I would be happy to sail other lines if I could pry his hands off the rail of the Carnival ships. :D

Sorry you responded to the PP at the same time I was responding with a similar post. I hope then that Carnival will change things up for your sake. I just think if you did a little research you may find a ship in a different line that offered what you were looking and you might be surprise yourself and enjoy something different in the ship as well as the port.

For years the 7night run was either.... St. Thomas/St. Maarten/San Juan or Cozumel/Ocho Rios/Grand Cayman. So glad there are other options now. Never cared for San Juan.

I will say I think Carnival has a better choice than Royal in the Caribbean. Oasis and Allure can only go so many places due to the size. Princess is good, but are not there year round.

NCL is ok but we don't care for EPIC.

We are not loyal to one brand, but have recently been doing Carnival or Princess due to the time we can cruise and the ports. The hubby and I do not like to fly!! Our horizons will expand when we can get over our phobias - LOL!

I would just like to see them open ALL of the itineraries beyond April, 2014. I am trying to put together a group for Sept of 2014, doing an Eastern Caribbean sailing, an I REFUSE to do an itinerary that stops in Nassau and Grand Turk. To me, that is a waste of 2 port days when there are SO MANY better places to stop in the Eastern Caribbean.

I agree that a little more variety would be nice. It just seems like having multiple ships doing the exact same itinerary does not make much sense. I mean there are certainly more ports available that could be used to add variety. I would love to see a stop at Santo Domingo for instance, or Cartagena or Panama on cruises other than the Panama Canal crossings.

I also agree that it would be nice to have a second itinerary out of San Juan. Even if it cant support having 2 ships, at least have 1 ship and alternate the itinerary every other week.

Hopefully the new port Carnival is developing in the DR will spice things up at least a little bit.

I agree! We booked NCL's new ship the Breakaway, even though Carnival does almost the same itinerary.

In late 2014, we are going to try Royal Caribbean's newest ship! Carnival has been cruising to Aruba and Curacao for years. They should add other ports, like Guadalope, St. Croix, travel more to Tortola or Antigua.

Why not book with MSC if the price is similar to Carnival? Explore!!

Carnival USED to do Guadalupe and pulled out after NUMEROUS poor treatment to the passengers by locals. I was one that did that route on CCL and complained. Carnival has not done St. Croix since the 80's or 90's if my memory serves me correct.

And I am considering MSC!

I wouldn't call this great marketing on RCCL part. I would call it a normal dry dock and the only place that can accommodate is in Europe. Therefore, 2 TA's are necessary. I believe they are also testing port capacity in the event the want to put a bigger ship there. I don't think this is part of a great marketing scheme. I doubt when the decision was made to dry dock it, there was any thought of bringing the ship over empty.

I feel EXACTLY this way. MSC has some nice caribbean routes and they are the same price as CCL. I may have to try them out next!

MSC is a totally different kind of cruise experience. I've been on 2 in the Caribbean. They are not so American friendly, in other words, some of the cruise experiences that you are used to on CCL, RCL, etc are not the same on MSC. The ships are impeccably clean but I was not impressed with the food for being an Italian ship. Language is an issue also. Some of the staff do not speak or understand English. Also, because they attract guests from many different countries with many different languages, the entertainment is geared for visual shows, so you won't see any comedians. No music around the pool at all. The entertainment staff is pretty good and had everyone up dancing. Not knocking MSC at all, just explaining that you may need to adjust your expectations and go with an open mind.

I would love to see a stop at Santo Domingo for instance, or Cartagena or Panama on cruises other than the Panama Canal crossings.

Carnival is now doing LaRomana (on the Breeze) instead of Santo Domingo. I believe they funded the building of the LaRomana pier so they stop there now instead.

Unlike other posters, I can relate a bit with your frustration.

Perhaps Carol & I haven't cruised as long and as often as you. However, we have found that we have changed our focus on the itineraries. When we started, it was all about the beaches and the activities associated with them. Now that we are a bit older and reacting to "big C" issues, we find we are looking for the historical/fact finding activities. So, old ports become new as we venture to other locales.

Archived