Carnival please give us something NEW

DUCHESSRN

[quote name='Sparky2']Curacao is new to whom? We went there in 2010 on Miracle.

I wish they'd go to St. Lucia & St. Kitts [B][U]without[/U][/B] having to go out of San Juan. Loved the cruise we went on that had St. Martins, St. Lucia, & St. Kitts. We sailed out of Port Everglades Or Miami. Don't remember which one.[/QUOTE]

It is new as a regular every other week sailing.

I understand. DS was interested in doing a cruise again (And Carnival is often the choice for us -- good value / in the budget), but we just couldn't get fired up about doing another one -- ports we had been to lots of times -- sort of a been there, done that, bought the T-sheet. // But now (although it's not a direct flight, adds 2-3 hours for one layover) Southwest with their Airtran purchase is making flying to San Juan affordable. On Airtran or United we can fly to San Juan for less than most destinations in Florida. So for us that means next March we are doing a cruise out on San Juan and doing a two night pre-stay too. Means going to a place we love and getting to try a few new ports we have never been to before. I should mention too that all the lines out of San Juan for a balcony room are quite competitive in terms of price (Celebrity, RCCL, and Carnival). All these looked good, but has we had a coupon for a balcony room for two out of three of us to cruise for free except for taxes and mid ship upgrade, that made Carnial a total no brainer choice. Didn't know if others were seeing San Juan flights cheaper than they used to be $400 pp range for spring break vs. $600 pp rate I was seein the last few year.

[quote name='cruzn buckeye']Agree, ships within a class are very alike, just as with the other cruise lines. Except for decor of course.

While flying to San Juan adds $$, many times the cost of the cruise itself is lower, therefore evening out at bit...

if they can do 8 day cruises out of FLL and hit Aruba and Curaceo, they could also do 8 days out of FLL or Miami, and stop at the ports that I listed.[/QUOTE]

True, true, true.

DH, my kids, and yes- me too- we all like a sea day first. I can't imagine hauling my toosh off the ship again, getting in a line again, getting all of my land based stuff together again (purse, ID, money), right when I'm trying to be transported to another world, y'know?

[quote name='kingoftheicedragons']As someone who also thinks Carnival needs to greatly diversify its destinations, I was going to wait to see what everyone else said before adding my comments, but I can't let this pass.

Yes, Carnival has a ship in Australia. That's a great start.

Okay, where else to start--maybe a year-round ship in Europe. It could be done, and they could diversify the ports a little more during the colder winter months and maybe go to Tunisia and Morocco. Carnival's around South America was a one-off cruise. Maybe they should have this a continuing cruise.

Islands in the Caribbean--there are more islands in the Caribbean that Carnival doesn't go than they do go to. There are countries in South America that I would go to--Venezuela and Columbia, for instance. Carnival used to have regular cruises to Panama and Costa Rica. They could go to Guatemala.

Let's take on the Canadian cruises. I think Carnival only has cruises to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec are also doable by cruise ship, why doesn't Carnival go there? And we could also throw in the French territory of Miquelon as well.

So yes, Carnival could greatly diversify their offerings greatly. I'm also of the opinion that there could be very few Carnival cruises ahead of me--not because I don't like them, but because they just don't have the diversity of places I want to get to. Cruising is great, but I want to see the most number of places that I can. If Carnival won't get me there, other lines will.[/quote]

I agree with Venezuela and Colombia! My grandparents went to Caracas years ago [I believe on HAL] and my grandmother got so many lovely gold bracelets. It feels more "exotic" than most of the ports visited. I don't think any mainstream lines sail there anymore though due to politics.

Colombia is on my short list of places to visit and the only line I found that goes there WITHOUT doing the Panama Canal is NCL. They have an 11 day from Miami that stops in Cartagena, Aruba, Curacao, St Thomas and I believe St Maarten. I also want to do the canal but those are usually 14-16 days so another option with Cartagena would be appreciated!

[quote name='Bostonjetset']I agree with Venezuela and Colombia! My grandparents went to Caracas years ago [I believe on HAL] and my grandmother got so many lovely gold bracelets. It feels more "exotic" than most of the ports visited. I don't think any mainstream lines sail there anymore though due to politics.

Colombia is on my short list of places to visit and the only line I found that goes there WITHOUT doing the Panama Canal is NCL. They have an 11 day from Miami that stops in Cartagena, Aruba, Curacao, St Thomas and I believe St Maarten. I also want to do the canal but those are usually 14-16 days so another option with Cartagena would be appreciated![/quote]
And this 11 day that you are talking of had a last minute special today. Inside room going for 399pp! Leaving out of Miami this Wednesday. Man, if I lived in Miami and had more vaca time, I would jump on this!

[quote name='vigurl']Um no. STX = ST. CROIX[/quote]
OOPS my bad i was thinking SXM all along:o

[quote name='Sparky2']Curacao is new to whom? We went there in 2010 on Miracle.

I wish they'd go to St. Lucia & St. Kitts [B][U]without[/U][/B] having to go out of San Juan. Loved the cruise we went on that had St. Martins, St. Lucia, & St. Kitts. We sailed out of Port Everglades Or Miami. Don't remember which one.[/quote]
I did it on the Miracle out of FLL I thnk 2007 or 2008
8 day with 2 sea days before and after the the ports

[quote name='jimbo5544']Not quite sure where to start. Carnival has a ship in Australia. Carnival has two ships in Europe - one southern, the other northern. Carnival just sailed a ship around South America. Where else would you like them to go?[/QUOTE]

Plus a sailing that just went through the Panama Canal...

Guess 5 "news" isn't enough????

[quote name='jonbgd'] I did it on the Miracle out of FLL I thnk 2007 or 2008 8 day with 2 sea days before and after the the ports[/quote]

That's the same one we did - 8 day with 3 ports & 4 sea days. Loved it. I'd do it again if it was offered.

[quote name='tiggerman101']I dont mean this snarky, but if you want something new then look at other lines. It is alright to try someone new. I honestly do not get complete brand loyalty. I would be so bored with cruising if I only did Carnival. Look around and explore. It is fun to try out another line that you have never been on.[/quote]

I love your reviews, please post another soon.

Archived