B2B - But not from the same port...?!

I am cruising on Freedom of the Seas from Port Canaveral in August and the same day I get off it I am booked on the Allure of the Seas from Port Everglades.

Any suggestions on the easiest way to get down to Port Everglades in good time?

Thanks! :D

I am cruising on Freedom of the Seas from Port Canaveral in August and the same day I get off it I am booked on the Allure of the Seas from Port Everglades.

I'd choose a one-way car rental.

I'd choose a one-way car rental.

I agree. This will be the quickest and most direct way to go. Most other options would require you to go all the way back to the Orlando area (45minutes to an hour west) before heading south to Ft. Lauderdale. You will probably be looking at about a 3 to 3.5 hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale from the Cape Canaveral area depending on traffic.

Most of the large car rental companies in south Florida have no issue with picking up a car at one location and dropping it off in another without a drop-off fee. For example, you could get a car in , say , Cocoa Beach and leave it at Ft Lauderdale.

Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately I am not 25 so I am unable to rent a car in Florida!

Also we drive on the other side in Ireland so I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so even if I could! :o

Have thought about grabbing a flight from MCO to MIA and then getting a shuttle...prices are very low, about €50...too risky?

That may be a little tight, but you could do it. I would suggest flying into FLL instead of MIA. FLL is practically at the port. Have you bounced any of this off of RCI? I don't if they would be able to help or not.

Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately I am not 25 so I am unable to rent a car in Florida!

Also we drive on the other side in Ireland so I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so even if I could! :o

Have thought about grabbing a flight from MCO to MIA and then getting a shuttle...prices are very low, about €50...too risky?

I believe those under 25 can rent cars now, but they have to pay a hefty premium to do so.

If you fly, you would want a flight from MCO to FLL. Going to Miami would only add a minimum 45 minutes to your journey.

I'd be a bit nervous about flying just because of potential delays. Perhaps there is some sort of car service available. I would post your question on the Florida Departures board for more ideas.

Thanks everyone!

I have looked into flying to FLL but the times aren't great. Only 3 showing for the day, 2 would make me miss the ship (NOT AN OPTION OBV)

The first flight is at 7.45am...with getting into port at 6am I think thatd be impossible right? :confused:

I will have to get onto Royal about it...otherwise i will check out a private transfer...that'll be pricey though... :eek:

Even though it is less than an hour drive to MCO, I doubt that you could get off the ship much before 7 "if" everything runs smoothly. Early morning departures at MCO usually are on the popular side, so it can be crowded.

Thanks everyone!

I have looked into flying to FLL but the times aren't great. Only 3 showing for the day, 2 would make me miss the ship (NOT AN OPTION OBV)

The first flight is at 7.45am...with getting into port at 6am I think thatd be impossible right? :confused: YES, impossible.

I will have to get onto Royal about it...otherwise i will check out a private transfer...that'll be pricey though... :eek:

You may not even be off the ship by 7:45am.

If you don't feel comfortable driving in the states, I would suggest a limo service. It would be more direct than a flight and probably less espensive as well.

There are several good agencies in the area.

Cathy

In January we got travel lynx private shuttle for 4 of us for €80 all in!!!

I booked it through email with them from here (Ireland) and found them very reliable,

Driver was waiting for us and had us at the port 40 mins ahead of what we planned!!

You have very few options to get from PC to FLL the same day......the best option (driving) you said is out......Flying is out according to you (Flts won't fit)....the only other option the best I can tell is a private limo.....and I'm sure that won't be a bargain :)

The better option if you could pull it off is do the Oasis Sat-Sat, and then do the Freedom the next day (alittle breathing room)

The better option if you could pull it off is do the Oasis Sat-Sat, and then do the Freedom the next day (alittle breathing room)

We cannot change our Freedom cruise and Allure has to be after Freedom.

I have to be out of the country by the 1st of Sept so this is really the only configuration that is an option at the moment...both already booked!

In January we got travel lynx private shuttle for 4 of us for €80 all in!!!

I booked it through email with them from here (Ireland) and found them very reliable,

Driver was waiting for us and had us at the port 40 mins ahead of what we planned!!

We just used Travelynx last Monday and found them professional and efficient. We paid $75 for 3 people just to the Orlando airport. If they can get 4 people from Port Canaveral to Port Everglades for that price, I'd jump on it.

We cannot change our Freedom cruise and Allure has to be after Freedom.

I have to be out of the country by the 1st of Sept so this is really the only configuration that is an option at the moment...both already booked!

If Allure is after Freedom and your Freedom cruise departs August 18, that means your Allure cruise will return on September 1. You won't be out of the country by September 1, you'll be attempting to enter the US on September 1. If you have a visa that expires August 31, you won't be able to enter when the ship returns to port. If you won't be able to enter the US on Sept. 1, that means that you will be denied boarding on your Allure cruise.

Are you allowed to cancel before final payment and get your deposit back? That is what I would do. There are way too many problems with your current plans. The Visa problem is very serious indeed if you have to be out of US by Sept. 1.

Are you allowed to cancel before final payment and get your deposit back? That is what I would do. There are way too many problems with your current plans. The Visa problem is very serious indeed if you have to be out of US by Sept. 1.

I have my flight home on Sept 1st booked so I will be leaving that day. If I'm not out by Sept 2nd that's when there's an issue!

Hopefully we'll figure it all out, still clarifying everything to make sure i do everything correctly and to the tee :)

I know the OP is saying they are locked into Freedom+Allure, but for anyone planning something similar I second Oasis+Freedom. I did precisely that in January. On a one night split B2B RCI will even put you up for the night. We rented a car at Port Everglades, drove to Orlando where RCI comped a hotel, and then dropped the car at Port Canaveral. RCI would give you a free ride from the Orlando hotel to Port Canaveral [we did that use that part of the offer since we had a rental car], so it would have fit with a plane ride from Lauderdale to Orlando. The car rental OR airplane would be at your expense, as would be meals, but RCI basically would cover everything else, and no worries about making tight connections.

Thom

Gotta say, this is just a bad plan.

The beauty of a back-to-back is that you don't have to move, you get to stay on the ship when everyone else leaves. You're getting no benefit from your back-to-back.

Also, you're going to be pushed for time. You risk missing the second leg of your cruise.

I would do whatver's necessary to move one of the reservations. Either ship is great, but both are not great as a back-to-backl

Archived