Oasis Allure Boardwalk Balcony cabins Noisy or Not?

Are the Oasis Allure Boardwalk Balcony cabins noisy?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Oasis Allure Boardwalk Balcony cabins noisy?

• Yes they are noisy
    • No they are not

I am thinking of trying one of the Boarwalk balcony cabins as far back as possible in order to sea the ocean but I am reading conflicting reports on them being noisy.

I am a light sleeper and not a late night person.

So the question is are they noisy?? or not??:) Thanks

Just got off the Allure yesterday, in cabins 10711 and 10713. Although a lot of the noise was drowned out when you lock the door I was surprised how much still came through. There are quite a few nights that there are late shows or movies going on. It didn't bother the kids at all, but I am a light sleeper, and with kids under 10 you generally don't stay up until midnight on ships. It is not easy going to sleep when there is a basketball game playing on the Aquatheater screen and people are chanting and screaming. I was definitely kept up that night. However, that being said, we were so tired at night that I was often able to fall asleep even when there was noise. I don't think I would choose these cabins again, however, because of the noise. It was more than I expected it to be. But if the option was boardwalk balcony or interior cabin, boardwalk balcony wins hands down.

Our balcony Boardwalk cabin (lower level, close to the Aquatheatre) was amazingly quite with the balcony door closed and locked. Good location -- could see the Aqua Show and had a decent view of the ocean.

We'd normally get back to our cabin around mid-night and sit on our balcony for a little bit. Some nights it would be dead quiet out there.

LuLu

~~~~

I am thinking of trying one of the Boarwalk balcony cabins as far back as possible in order to sea the ocean but I am reading conflicting reports on them being noisy.

I am a light sleeper and not a late night person.

So the question is are they noisy?? or not??:) Thanks

While I loved the boardwalk ,noise was a factor at night. Rita's

cantina drove me nuts.

Edited by Reader0108598

There is noise. Not much, especially since the sliding door really does work and cancels out most of the noise, but it wasn't completely quiet in the room during the day or when shows/movies were being played. We were in 12723 on Allure and could hear faint music from the Aquatheater during the shows or movie. After that though (around 11 if I remember correctly), it was very quiet and you could just hear the waves.

It wasn't distracting or noisy (to me) because I fall asleep easily and can't be woken but if you don't fall asleep easily (or noise keeps you from falling asleep) it could possibly be bothersome. You may also be so tired you don't even care!

Now, if you go further away from the Aquatheater towards mid ship, you may get the noise from the pool above you.

We LOVED our Boardwalk Balcony and would book it again in a second. If you do get it, just remember, that sliding glass door really does block out the noise.

Have fun!

I've never actually stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony, but walked it many times at night and as other posters have said, it looks like it can be noisy. Personally, if you just want to see the water, why not just book an outside balcony or suite? We had a JR suite on the Oasis ... same layout as the Allure and it was wonderful. The Boardwalk Balconies look like a lot of fun and great for people and activity watching, but if light sleeping is a factor I'm not sure I would go that route. Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose ... she's a Mighty Ship and an amazing experience! :)

We were in the second to the last cabin on Oasis, deck 9 (can't remember the number) in May of 2010. I am also a lite sleeper and you can DEFINITELY hear the shows at night and the practices during the day (nap time). They were booming. However, my 4 year old grandson so loved being on that balcony and watching the show practices and the actual shows that I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat.

Karen

We had a boardwalk balcony on Oasis....12329 that last one aft. If you are mostly concerned about the evenings, you can hear the music from the aqua show at night but if I recall correctly the evening shows are usually over by 11:00pm. So I guess that depends on what time you are ready for bed. Unless things have changed, the aqua evening shows are only offered 3 nights so at least it's not every single night you would have to worry about it. Basically, the noise was never an issue.

We loved that balcony and would not hesitate to book another boardwalk balcony. It certainly is a very unique experirence.

it is noisy, but it is so cool....i think the view is worth the price you pay for some noisy times....it is not always noisy, but sometimes very noisy.

my kids love these rooms and so does my hubby!

so much to see and still a great view of the ocean!

I was recently on the Oasis cabin 10709 and loved the location but yes it was noisy. Once you close the balconty door it drowns out a lot of it, but not all of it.

we however had a sound machine and that worked well. Security almost took it however as they seemed not to have seen them before. However on the last night i packed it up with my luggage and it was a very noisy night. A lot of screeming going on until about 1 pm when a teenage curfew kicked in. with that said i did however like the view, you can see the ocean and about half of the Aqua theathers and screens.

I didn't vote as my answer would be in the middle - noisy at times. I had the aft-most Boardwalk view room on Allure and loved the stateroom. Great views of the Aqua Theater (not just the shows, but the practices), people watching and of the ocean. I was never bothered by noise during the morning (i.e. never awoken by noise) but some nights there was noise. This would be during the evenings of the Rita's Fiesta party (the host kept egging people on by saying "everybody scream" throughout the event) and when movies would be shown in the Aqua Theater (about three of the seven nights). Only one night was there noise past midnight (a late movie). While the noise was a bit unpleasant at times, it was limited to 1-2 hours a few nights of the cruise. For me the pros of the great views trumped the occasional noise disturbance; personally I would not hesitate to book this room again even though I dislike loud noise.

We are in 9327 in May' date=' anyone ever have this cabin, would like to know bed/closet location and how were views from the balcony ?

Thanks ![/quote']

Yes, we were in 9327! Bed is next to the closet. However, not an issue at all. Views are amazing. I will see if I can figure out how to post pics later on tonight.

Karen

With Rita's, I have the impression that Allure's boardwalk might be louder at night than Oasis', especially if you sail with some rowdiier folks by chance. I could hear the Aqua theater in my room on Oasis...not loud, but audible. Not too late for me, but opinions vary.

If one is proned to turning in early and a light sleeper, the noise could possibly interfere with sleeping since you can hear muted sounds from Aqua Theater shows or movies they are showing at night. During the day, and depending on the activity, it can be louder. We were cruising one year during World Cup Soccer playoffs. You knew which country scored by the loud applause and hollers from the Aqua Theater. :)

When we've stayed in a Boardwalk balcony for cruises on the Allure or Oasis, we have throughly enjoyed them. I am not a light sleeper when it comes to noise, but definitely a sleeper who doesn't like light when sleeping! ;)

Edited by denamo

Sailed the Allure on March 10th and had 11729 (last aft Boardwalk Cabin on the Starboard side). We LOVED...LOVED....LOVED this cabin and will DEFINITELY book it again. Noise was almost never an issue. We never heard Rita's. We never heard any movies. If there was an Aqua Show going on, then yes, you can hear the show through the glass doors, but those are only a few times throughout the cruise and we ALWAYS went out on our balcony to watch (never got boring). I never felt that noise was an issue for us, but we were generally out of the room most evenings until 10 or 11 (sometimes even midnight).

All that said, if you are someone who is bothered by any form of evening noise and you plan to sleep early, then you might find the noise bothersome for you.

As I said.... personally, we LOVED this cabin. You can see the wake, you have the semi-secret balconies right outside your door that gives you a 180 degree view of the ship and ocean, you can sit on your balcony and people watch or enjoy the shows or festivities in the Aquatheater. You just don't get bored in this cabin.

If I had to pick any downsides, then you need to know you should keep the curtains drawn when changing as you can see into the cabins across from you if they curtains are open. The only other downside would be the above stated occasional noise. Some might also point to the long walk to your cabin as a down side, but for us, it never seemed long (we are used to the "walk 500 hundred miles" tromp to your room in Vegas though).

Not sure if this will work...but here's one...

When you paste the URL don't forget to put in front of it and [/img] in back of it...no spaces!

We have a BWB booked next week ( 6 days:D) for the kids; they are aware there will be some noise at night, but they are teens and night owls anyway, and can't wait to sit in their balcony and people watch;) Their Dad and I will be across the hall watching the sea:D, I would be bothered at night or napping with even a little noise!

I should mention that the doors are very soundproofed. Even in an ocean view, the ocean can be so loud on the balcony ( in a good way of course;)) but once that door is locked- silence!