Carnival Transfers at FLL

clinthi

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale for a cruise on Carnival Freedom.

We purchased airport transfers through Carnival.

Will there be a Carnival rep at luggage claim? Are there signs telling us where to meet this transport??

Thanks!

that's true .... the carn transfer is more $$$ (as is that of every cruise company)

the cruise line reps have signs they hold up so you can find them.

on some lines and at some airports they meet you 'earlier' because they also take care of your luggage and you don't need to claim it. You put on 'ship tags' at home and your bags magicallly appear at your ship cabin. But I've never sailed Carn' so don't know how they do it .

Hi Cassandra - looks like you have 2 months before your cruise. As mentioned, cruise line transfers are horribly expensive. I realize people do pay for them and use them for a variety of reasons, but if it is merely for what you think will be convenience, then please do cancel the transfers and take a taxi. Port Everglades is less than 15 minutes away, and a metered taxi for up to 4 people will cost you about $15.00 (we have done it twice, our fares were $11.30 and $12.50 plus tip). I imagine your transfers are at least $12 - 15 per person?

Anyway, we're all just trying to help. Yes indeed, if you use the transfers, a Carnival rep will meet you in Baggage Claim - have seen them there many times. :)

Totally agree with the other experienced cruisers here. CANCEL your transfers asap. Take a cab.

Depending on when your flight arrives, you could sit and wait for an hour for another flight. In fact the last time we flew into FLL, we were talking to a couple from our flight who had to wait for their ship transfer. You know, we actually saw their bus arrive while we were standing on the top deck having a cold drink!! We had already checked in, dropped our bags in the room and were already starting our vacation! And these poor people were caught just waiting for a later flight of cruisers to join their bus load. :rolleyes:

Maybe in some ports, it's more convenient. But in Florida, there is absolutely no reason, in my eyes, that one needs a ship transfer.

Archived