Bringing a bottle of champagne onboard?

marie61

Hi,

we will have the Premium package for drinks onboard our Mediterranean cruise but we really enjoy opening a bottle of champagne at sailaway and sipping it on our balcony as we enjoy the view. We wondered if Celebrity allows you to bring any wine onboard? (We don't want to miss the sailaway by running back and forth from our balcony to a bar--takes 15 minutes with elevators and lineups).

Thanks!

(I tried searching this topic but found no matches)

By the way, if there were three in the stateroom would that be three bottles?

Per Celebrity policy it is two per stateroom regardless of if there is one occupant or even four occupants.

Just a suggestion.....bring the fuzzy stuff and on your "at sea" days, order room service for breakfast and be sure to order orange juice. THEN, sit on your balcony with a mamosa and watch the sea go by. That moment is just shy of heaven!

Hi,

we will have the Premium package for drinks onboard our Mediterranean cruise but we really enjoy opening a bottle of champagne at sailaway and sipping it on our balcony as we enjoy the view. We wondered if Celebrity allows you to bring any wine onboard? (We don't want to miss the sailaway by running back and forth from our balcony to a bar--takes 15 minutes with elevators and lineups).

Thanks!

(I tried searching this topic but found no matches)

Is that only champagne or any booze

Can the two bottles allowed on board be any alcohol or onlynchampagne

Celebrity allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom...no other alcohol.

Hope this helps clarify.

Enjoy

Woody

Edited by rwr235

FYI - if you bring your wine or champagne to the dining room there is a $25 corkage fee.

We brought the bubbly so I didn't have to pack a corkscrew or ask the stateroom attendant to help. Our bottle + two AQ cabins = 3 of 7 days worth of pre-dinner enjoyment. :D

Appreciate al the info - thanks for sharing.

One small question please if I may - is there a bottle opener in the cabin?

Many thanks in advance...:)

You can ask the steward to bring you one if one is not in your stateroom.

Just had a thought:rolleyes: when going through check in,providing each person has one bottle in their bag, there would be no way of staff identifying that say 3 people in a cabin are taking a bottle - so exceeding the 2 bottle rule.:p

I have read that couples carry two bottles each and go through different baggage checks:eek:

Why can't all cruise lines treat passengers like Cunard and P&O? We have never seen people over the top and plenty in the bars. So nice to be treated as adults.:D

Just had a thought:rolleyes: when going through check in,providing each person has one bottle in their bag, there would be no way of staff identifying that say 3 people in a cabin are taking a bottle - so exceeding the 2 bottle rule.:p

I have read that couples carry two bottles each and go through different baggage checks:eek:

Why can't all cruise lines treat passengers like Cunard and P&O? We have never seen people over the top and plenty in the bars. So nice to be treated as adults.:D

Yes, its safe to say you can go through with 2 bottles per person rather than per stateroom, if you want to be extra cautious you could always board with a few minutes/people between you, to be honest I dont think they are over bothered with enforcing the rule.

I almost hear you folks laughter,but, the corkage charge only applies in dining room correct not in your cabin. Signed stupid

No corkage if consumed in your stateroom. You also cannot bring the bottle and consume it in any of the public areas/lounges.

We were on Solstice and brought a bottle of our own wine along with several friends with their own bottles into Cellar Masters. They called security on us and chased us back to our staterooms. :eek::D:rolleyes:

Per the FAQ on Celebrity's web pages:

Q: Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A: No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you at the beginning of the cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

They should not have "chased you away", they should have explained their policy and offered for you to stay, enjoy your wine and pay the corkage fee.

The policy is not clear (or perhaps it is) as to whether you could drink the wine sitting at the pool or in a non dining/bar venue without a corkage fee. It certainly does not specifically say that you must drink it in your cabin.

Edited by ghstudio

• 1 year later...