Not sounding promising for Triumph

EZ4

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/04/weather_conditions_prevent_the_1.html#incart_river

"Gulliksen said the ship will eventually make its way to Freeport in the Bahamas for final repairs. However, "that is not in the short-term," Gulliksen said."

Maybe they should cut those cords angain, and let the currents take it there. Might actually be faster.

I don't think it is big enough for the triumph. It was barely big enough for the fantasy a few years ago when she received her full evolution of fun upgrades.

Which of the two drydocks was Fantasy in?

What can they do in Freeport that they can't do in Alabama?

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that Carnival has some long lead time materials stashed in Freeport that were intended for upgrades to another ship. Triumph may be getting upgrades that weren't planned for it, just yet.

They could have done a complete "Sunshine" makeover on her by now.

There is no way they could have. There is a lot of lead time required for this type of drydock. There are a lot of materials that are prefabricated before being put on the ship (for example the new fwd decks). Plus they need thousands for workers to complete the job. The Destiny/Sunshine transformation has been in the works for years.

There is no way they could have. There is a lot of lead time required for this type of drydock. There are a lot of materials that are prefabricated before being put on the ship (for example the new fwd decks). Plus they need thousands for workers to complete the job. The Destiny/Sunshine transformation has been in the works for years.

Actually, the Triumph as well as the Victory already have the added deck. Those 2 ships had all the fixes from the mistake of the Destiny.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that Carnival has some long lead time materials stashed in Freeport that were intended for upgrades to another ship. Triumph may be getting upgrades that weren't planned for it, just yet.

I agree 100%. This move to Freeport makes me believe even more that the Triumph will receive 2.0 upgrades. I wouldn't be surprised if an additional sailing or two is canceled also. However, I am confident that the Triumph will get 2.0

Does this pic help?

Not really. LOL. Although you get a helluva view of the shipyard from the ship. Here is a video of Triumph breaking loose the other day taken from a ship that was in the drydock next to Triumph. The ship in the drydock looks to be every bit as large as Triumph, if not bigger. Incidentally, this video may explain how Triumph sustained damage to the rear corner so high up. :)

https://gcaptain.com/video-showing-carnival-triumph-breaking-mooring-in-mobile/

Not really. LOL. Although you get a helluva view of the shipyard from the ship. Here is a video of Triumph breaking loose the other day taken from a ship that was in the drydock next to Triumph. The ship in the drydock looks to be every bit as large as Triumph, if not bigger. Incidentally, this video may explain how Triumph sustained damage to the rear corner so high up. :)

So there is already a ship in the drydock then. Perhaps I should have amplified my original remark by saying "an available drydock".

Maybe dry dock availability is the reason for the move to Freeport then?

My thought exactly she was due for them next year but why not do it all now while she's out of service. Let's keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Archived