Refesh me on Changes Please

Please refresh me on Carnival Cruiseline new policies on what has additional fees Please.

not sure what is true or not...

The steakhouse (35pp estimate)

The coffee and pastry shoppe

The sushi appetizers (now there is a fee)

There is a new George Lopez Brunch on Days at Sea....Does this eliminate what used to be breakfast or lunch in MDR??

Now rumour has it they are now charging for cappichino and expresso in the MDR that used to be free?

There are some exercizes that require a fee ex Yoga and Cycling?

Captains Gala are drinks still free for a half hour?

Return Cruiser Party are drinks still free for half hour...We have only gotten and invite to this once after 5 carnival 5-7 night cruises?? How do you know where and when this is?

Thank you in advance for responses.

Please refresh me on Carnival Cruiseline new policies on what has additional fees Please.

not sure what is true or not...

The steakhouse (35pp estimate) Correct.

The coffee and pastry shoppe Fees apply.

The sushi appetizers (now there is a fee) On ships with separate sushi bar, free and on Lido on others.

There is a new George Lopez Brunch on Days at Sea....Does this eliminate what used to be breakfast or lunch in MDR?? Yes, on ships with 2.0 upgrades.

Now rumour has it they are now charging for cappichino and expresso in the MDR that used to be free? Yes.

There are some exercizes that require a fee ex Yoga and Cycling?

Captains Gala are drinks still free for a half hour? No, $1 off.

Return Cruiser Party are drinks still free for half hour...We have only gotten and invite to this once after 5 carnival 5-7 night cruises?? How do you know where and when this is? If you don't get an invite call Guest Services, free drinks for 45 min.

Thank you in advance for responses.

Drinks at past guest party are bigger. Remember you can order any drink you want, not just take what they have.

Drinks at past guest party are bigger. Remember you can order any drink you want, not just take what they have.

Its been in the theater, so Im not so sure I could have ordered any drink. The 2nd drink had coconut in it which Im allergic to, so I just didnt drink after one first drink.

I guess if it had not been so jammed you could hardly get a drink you might have waved a few dollar bills in the air and gotten a drink order, but it would not have been easy on a large ship.

The other time I bothered to go (I usually skip these), I asked for two of the first drink.. and the girl stared hard at me .. but she finally gave me a 2nd drink. With the band playing, its too loud to explain that that would be all I was getting.

Our recent Past Guest Party on the Pride was an hour long and was in the comedy lounge (there weren't that many attendees). They let us keep ordering drinks until the DJ packed up his stuff (15 minutes after it was supposed to end).

conquest probably just had a lot of past guests. 6 to 8 diamonds. the CD said he never saw that many diamonds on one ship. (including sargent schultz and his friend).

they were doing two past guest parties before the change to the loyalty program, but cutting it down to those with 25 days or more..they were able to get everyone in with just one past guest party. so the theater was packed.

conquest probably just had a lot of past guests. 6 to 8 diamonds. the CD said he never saw that many diamonds on one ship. (including sargent schultz and his friend).

they were doing two past guest parties before the change to the loyalty program, but cutting it down to those with 25 days or more..they were able to get everyone in with just one past guest party. so the theater was packed.

Is the past guest party for any past guest or at a certain level?

25 days or more as above .. or as big duck says gold or above. not blue or red cards.

Bummer that the comedy brunch replaces breakfast in the MDR. I have always enjoyed the atmosphere of breakfast there. While I think it's great to add the comedy brunch. I'm sorry to hear it's a replacement. I love the comedy club in the evening/night, but sure not ready for it in the morning. :( Would rather find this out now than when I arrived at the MDR expecting breakfast, only to find none.

Just to clarify......the sushi bar that is open approx. 2 hours each night before dinner is still free? Particularly on the Sunshine?? That was always a big perk for me.....and the rest of my family.

Good question. I hadn't heard that they were charging for the sushi bars now. It was still free when I was on Ecstasy last September. Hopefully someone can clarify.

Sushi should still be free on all Carnival ships, including I believe on the Breeze which has a sushi restaurant. On some ships, it has been moved from Promenade deck up to Lido deck.

No charge for room service of any type at any time. You are expected to directly tip the server that brings it to your room, though.

The brunch in the MDR on sea days (still breakfast on port days) has really only changed the times of service and impacted what types of food are available for lunch. It has actually added more types of food that you can get in the morning hours. I have read an (non-cruise related) article that says that many people misunderstand what brunch is--even if you intend to eat brunch, you should still have a small (i.e., continental) breakfast before going to brunch. The brunch is one of the things I'm really looking forward to on Sunshine and Conquest (along with Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana).

As others have said, past guest parties are now only for people with 25 days or more at sea. It's officially 45 minutes, has full-sized drinks, and the CD director said at the end that you don't have to rush out at the end, and even told people with dinner at the time that it was ending that it didn't matter if they showed up to dinner late. We don't like going to dinner late, so we still left with drinks in hand and went to dinner.

The gym is still free, but they do have some fitness club classes that there is a small fee to attend--I think this is generally yoga and maybe a spinning class or two. If you're there at any other time of day, there is no charge just to go and work out. Class times are marked in the FunTimes, and will be marked with an asterisk to show that there is a fee involved.

It may just be semantics, but it always rubs me the wrong way when people say that certain things are "free" on a cruise. They aren't free. They are either included in the base fare, or they are available for a surcharge.

I appreciate that the word "free" is often used as shorthand for the more cumbersome "included in the base cabin fare". But I would make the effort to make the distinction, at least the first time, when specifically discussing the subject.

Just got back from crusing the Pride and here is some answers for it:

Never saw the sushi bar but seen it on past cruises. However they had small tasters 4 of the 7 nights outside of the Starry Nights lounge. One night it was tasters from the steakhouse, one night Mexican, one night Red Frog pub (which they don't have on the Pride go figure) and something else I don't remember.

The Pride does not have the 2.0 upgrades but they do have the brunch on Sea Days. They called it Sea Day Brunch. No comedy but just the menu and actually the food for it was better than the dinner IMO.

The past guest party was in the Butterflies since you have to have a higher amount of days to attend. It use to be in the main show lounge which was packed. They gave out madi gras beads to the guys and feather boas to the gals. I gave my boa away because the feathers were irratating my skin. They had music and the Carnival history video and the clapping for your ships you sailed and the Captain came down and spoke. They also had some group line dancing and the show band came down and sang a couple of songs.

All items that you must pay for are clearly marked with a plus. So you can't miss it.

Good question. I hadn't heard that they were charging for the sushi bars now. It was still free when I was on Ecstasy last September. Hopefully someone can clarify.

On the Dream in January the sushi bar was closed.......it was so sad to see a space created especially for sushi - CLOSED! Never opened; we love sushi so it was always enjoyable for us to have a few pieces before dinner.

We are going on the Ecstasy again in a few weeks; lets see if they offer it at all

Archived