Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks - We need a package!

Something to consider:

Unless you opt for some low-calorie substitutions on the ingredients, a Virgin Pina Colada has over 600 calories!!!

We don't drink, and our "tradition" is to get some virgin drinks during the evening show - LOVE them. They are also AWESOME sitting by the pool on a hot sea day.

But, I cannot imagine if there were a drink package which covered these. I would drink 3-4 per day, I am sure! I'd pack on 3-4 extra lbs per cruise, just from these drinks alone

Todd - I know those drinks are brutal! I love them also by the pool and while we're in the theater, ice show, etc. There are a lot of calories in beer, wine, etc., but probably more in the fruity drinks. However, I'll still imbibe. Of course I plan on losing a thousand pounds before our cruise next year. (she says as she puts away the jelly beans....)

Mary :)

Edited by silver_cloud

RCI had a frozen drink package many years back, and I loved it. However, they probably make more money selling the individual drinks, so that is why they discontinued it. I would def buy it again if offered, but it doesn't look hopeful.

I read in several locations that the soda package DOES include "mocktails" such as Shirley Temples and virgin Strawberry Daiquiris...is that wrong? That's why I purchased the soda package because I'm not a big soda or alcohol person but I love the frozen drinks!

I also read about the coupon deal they offered on Freedom during spring break. Would LOVE IT if they offered it permanently!

Why just for spring break? :confused: Are you listening Royal Caribbean. Please offer the coupons permanently.

I agree. My kids love those frozen drinks

I read in several locations that the soda package DOES include "mocktails" such as Shirley Temples and virgin Strawberry Daiquiris...is that wrong? That's why I purchased the soda package because I'm not a big soda or alcohol person but I love the frozen drinks!

Not sure for other lines, but on RCI it is fountain soda only. Some ships have the freestyle machines you can use, other ships it is only from the bars. Does not include canned soda or any other drinks.

I keep wishing they'd do something like NCL did on the Pride of America years ago, but I never thought to post it and see if there were others who supported the concept ... kudos to the OP.

The POA offered a coupon book for 20 frozen drinks ($35 ... no kidding). The only catch was that they only sold it to cruisers who were between the ages of 13 and 17. And I just happened to have one of those with me! We used 19 of the coupons, and she saved one for a souvenir.

Something to consider:

Unless you opt for some low-calorie substitutions on the ingredients, a Virgin Pina Colada has over 600 calories!!!

We don't drink, and our "tradition" is to get some virgin drinks during the evening show - LOVE them. They are also AWESOME sitting by the pool on a hot sea day.

But, I cannot imagine if there were a drink package which covered these. I would drink 3-4 per day, I am sure! I'd pack on 3-4 extra lbs per cruise, just from these drinks alone

Yikes! good reminder. For me, the package might mean that I'd try flavors that I'm not sure if I would like. When I pay for a drink, I want to know I'll like it. I usually have one at sail away and a couple at shows. I might get one during the afternoon with the package. Plus, sodas or flavored waters with meals.

Did someone mention a Virgn Mary? What's in that? Just tomato juice? What other drinks would you like to see included?

Got a stock response from Customer Service:

Dear Ms. pfd:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding mocktails onboard our ships. Your input is very important, and I appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts and ideas. Your suggestion has been submitted into a database, which is regularly published to our operational teams for review.

Ms. pfd, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

Kathy Reese

Customer Service Representative

• 2 weeks later...

Count both of us in.....love the fruity frozen drinks. I think the mocktails would be a great thing to offer as we love the cold drink and warm days but don't always care to have alcohol in them. We both drink socially and if I chose to have one I can purchase it separtely.

This is a great idea, especially for folks that can't drink alcohol due to medications, pregnancy, or age (minors). If there's a way to chime in and let RCI know, by email or whatever, I'd be glad to email them. Just need an email addy. :)

In the hopes that someone from corporate is reading this... ;)

I'm not a big drinker but I would be interesting in a combined soda/mocktail package. I love virgin frozen drinks, usually more so than the alcoholic versions. I just don't like the taste of alcohol, so it needs to be heavily disguised for me to really enjoy it.