Wine!

Mrs. Ram

We have always taken a bottle of wine per adult with us and it was allowed. I just saw a post that says it's not! Is this true? I don't want to take my favorite wine if it will be confiscated! TIA!! I have been on 13 cruises but seeing that it has been 2 yrs, I feel like I'm a newbie again and I have NO answers!!!

We have always taken a bottle of wine per adult with us and it was allowed. I just saw a post that says it's not! Is this true? I don't want to take my favorite wine if it will be confiscated! TIA!! I have been on 13 cruises but seeing that it has been 2 yrs, I feel like I'm a newbie again and I have NO answers!!!

Not sure where you saw this.......to my knowledge nothing has changed. I took my wine in October and January and will take it again on the 27th.

Carnival still allows I 750ml of wine per adult during boarding. It is still on their own web site under FAQs. We have never had an issue with this during any cruise.

From the FAQs on Carnival's site:

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle (750 ml. size) per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only in their carry-on luggage)

[...]

You're good to go :)

No corkage fee if you drink wine in your room. Can bring bottles of wine to dinner. We were not charged a corkage fee on the Dream in the MDR. We were charged for the bottle of champagne we brought to the Steakhouse.

If DH and I each bring on a bottle of wine to drink in our room, do we have to pay a corkage fee?

Can we bring our bottle of wine to our table for dinner?

Thanks!

No. You can drink the wine anywhere on the ship without a fee except the MDR. If you want your wine there, Open it and pour into a glass and just take the glasses into the MDR and you are fine. Oh yeah, and no glass by the pool.

not to hijack the thread, but what a cutie!!

On our last 3 cruises, we have brought our own wine to the MDR. We have never been charged a corkage fee. We did bring wine to the Steakhouse and we were charged there! Then the rest of the nights we buy a bottle of wine at dinner. You do not get charged in MDR when you buy the bottle at dinner.

TOTALLY off subject but your picture is friggin adorable!!! I love it!!! did they do that on a cruise??? she is so cute!

I have a different question, but it's wine related so I thought I'd post it here ...

Does anyone have a fairly current wine list? I'm trying to decide whether to get one of the wine packages - which limits you to select bottles - or to just order wine off the wine list in the MDR. Part of the problem is we are going on an 8 day cruise and the wine package is only 5 bottles. We might be better off ordering off the wine list and taking turns paying for the bottle - there are 3 of us. Any thoughts?

I have a different question, but it's wine related so I thought I'd post it here ...

Does anyone have a fairly current wine list? I'm trying to decide whether to get one of the wine packages - which limits you to select bottles - or to just order wine off the wine list in the MDR. Part of the problem is we are going on an 8 day cruise and the wine package is only 5 bottles. We might be better off ordering off the wine list and taking turns paying for the bottle - there are 3 of us. Any thoughts?

I believe the wine package is available in 5, 7 and 9 bottles. It represents a 20 percent savings.

Eight days is seven nights.

I believe the wine package is available in 5, 7 and 9 bottles. It represents a 20 percent savings.

Eight days is seven nights.

Last cruise we went on all the packages were 5 bottles. There were 3 different prices for three different levels. I was looking at a wine list, but I don't know how current it was. There were wines that we would prefer on the wine list that aren't offered through the wine package. With the wine package you are limited to about 10-12 wines that are offered for the level you choose. I wasn't wild about the selection. It was okay - but there were other wines I would prefer.

HAve you considered purchasing the Cheers Package? You can get wines by the glass and if you do want to order a bottle you get a 25% discount.

I checked out the Cheers package and it doesn't work for us. All three of us would have to get it and my sister doesn't drink enough to make it worthwhile for her. My husband mostly drinks beer and I have a few drinks other than the wine with dinner. The wine by the glass is limited too. The best selection is by the bottle and the discount wouldn't really make it worth our while to do the Cheers.

5 + 3 = 8. Eat in the Steakhouse the first night and you can stretch it to 9. ;)

Archived