Wine!

Mrs. Ram

We buy wine from Bon Voyage. We open it in the room and take it to the MDR. Have not been charged a corkage fee in over 10 cruises.

Carnival wouldn't charge corkage on Bon Voyage purchases anyway.

Exactly. It is the same as purchasing from the wine list on the ship. No corkage fee.

That said, I have been charged corkage for each and every bottle we have ever brought onboard a Carnival ship. Each and every time.

5 + 3 = 8. Eat in the Steakhouse the first night and you can stretch it to 9. ;)

If by 5 +3 you mean we can bring 3 bottles on - we do but we usually drink those in the room. And the bottle of wine you get in the steakhouse day 1 is not very good.

What I really want is to see a current wine list. The one I have seen, has wines we'd like to get for $30 or less. The middle price wine package costs $30 per bottle and limits you to 10-12 bottles to choose from. If the MDR wine list I saw is current, we are better off just getting bottles off the list.

• 1 month later...

What is disappointing to me is that we will be traveling soon on the Sunshine to France, Italy and Spain. What a shame to have so many wonderful wines at your fingertips, but yet you aren't allowed to bring them back with you after an excursion to enjoy in the evening. This policy needs some reconsideration.

What is disappointing to me is that we will be traveling soon on the Sunshine to France, Italy and Spain. What a shame to have so many wonderful wines at your fingertips, but yet you aren't allowed to bring them back with you after an excursion to enjoy in the evening. This policy needs some reconsideration.

Actually they are much more LENIENT in Europe - and you should have no problem bringing bottles on in the various ports - they don't seem to care! :)

If DH and I each bring on a bottle of wine to drink in our room, do we have to pay a corkage fee?

Can we bring our bottle of wine to our table for dinner?

I've discovered its hit or miss if you get wine glasses in your cabin. So you can ask your room steward, or stop at any bar and just ask for glasses. The bartender will usually even ask if they're for red or white. :)

Isn't it just a matter of paying corkage and you can drink it?

Minor question:

I make my own wine and bottle my own stuff. Do I need to have the bottles labeled? Obviously they will be sealed, I just don't want them to confiscate 750mL of an unmarked standard wine bottle.

I could just make a fake label to satisfy whatever, but of course they'll never have heard of whatever fake wine label I come up with.

I own a corker and a corkscrew!

I don't think they really 'read' the labels - just so it is wine and looks like wine you should be okay (I have heard of some cruisers putting liquor in wine bottles and sealing it to make it look like wine)...

I don't think they really 'ready' the labels - just so it is wine and looks like wine you should be okay (I have heard of some cruisers putting liquor in wine bottles and sealing it to make it look like wine)...

I brew 5 gallon batches. I have more than enough wine!

Thanks for the info! I can probably just sleep the labels off my strawberry wine and put it on my black/blueberry wine I just bottled!

Citrus wine isn't ready yet... by this fall; I hope!

Now if I was on a Transatlantic or Panama Cruise... I might be able to make my own and sell bootleg Carnival wine.

Archived