JW and Jerome's Excellent Adventure on the Celebrity REFLECTION!

cruiseguys2009

I was there! He describes her to a 'T'!!! She would also hang out at the pool bar in the late afternoon, half drunk with boobies popping out everywhere! Hilarious!

We were there too!! JW and Jerome may have referred to her as Hat Lady, but we referred to her as "Drunk Lady" because everytime we saw her no matter if it was 8 am or 8 pm, she had a drink in her hand and we never saw her eating EVER. She even got busted one night for throwing ice at the bartenders at the Martini Bar.

I still cannot get that picture out of my mind…..Hat Lady writhing on her cushioned chaise lounge, “On The Rocks”. By the way, I forgot to tell you, like me, she had a different matching bathing suit and hat combinations every day. Plus, every night there was a different hat to coordinate with her outfits. On this first day at sea, she had on a bight orange bikini with her big, brand new bazooms popping out, with a bright orange hat and with all that ice all over her, she looked like a melting Orange Slushie right out of 7-11! All you needed was a straw! :eek:

As we moved along the Pool Deck, there were absolutely no chairs, anywhere. And really, no chair hogs as every chair seemed to be occupied. Even in the shaded areas. We went up one deck, that over looks the pool, and from one end to the other, stem to stern, all you saw was a sea of oiled up bodies basking in the sun. However, on the deck above the pool, it was quite windy. So much so, that my baseball hat flew off twice, so I put that in my bag (which I found out later was a big mistake as my head got sunburned) . We went up and down each side and Jerome, nor I, could find any place to park it.

We then came upon a staircase, and low and behold another deck! I think it was called Solstice Deck with the Basketball court, but I called it the Hurricane Deck. Even up there, all the lounges were taken, but it was sooooo windy! All the chaise lounges were next to each other tied down with one long rope. I guess so that the cushions don’t blow away. So moving the lounges was out of the question. I mean there was simply nothing available!

I saw the Three Saints on this bank of lounges and on each side of the Three, was one lounge chair available that they had put their “stuff” on. They were so gracious to move over one chaise so Jerome and I could settle in with them. It was a daunting task to get the towels down, let alone yourself, on to the chaise, what with the wind and no way to maneuver. The towels and everything else kept blowing away. Geez. What determination we have when we want to worship the Sun God.

One thing I love about Celebrity, is that there is a difference in these little touches that Celebrity does, that make up the whole "big picture" that the other Cruise Lines fail to do. All of the chaise lounges had cushions. Comfortable cushions. Not like those awful Carnival strap Loungers or the Blue Mesh Norwegian loungers. These were first class! Yep, I am definitely at the Grown Up Table!

Anyway, I got all my lotion potion on, and tried to settle in, but the wind was relentless. Oh well, a cocktail server came around and Bloody Mary’s it was, all the way around. All five of us were on the 1,2,3, Drunk program so that made it easy. Once the server returned, and handed me my Bloody Mary, the first thing that happened was a big ol' gust of wind game along and took my straw and my lime out of my glass and flung it in Jerome’s face before going bye bye over the side. Ouch, lime juice in the eyes first thing is not fun. “I’m sorry” I said to Jerome.

Jerome and I finished our cocktails and the server had not returned again, so Jerome and St. Christopher went down to the bar to get us all more refreshers. Upon their return the wind was still kicking up and it was just too difficult to stay up there. We had only been out about an hour and a half, but the damage had already been done to me. I did not realize that I had too much sun on the top of my head because of the wind. Ouch, later. Really Ouch! I am a Florida Boy and we don’t burn. I did. That was no fun.

At this point, even Jerome who loves the sun had enough, so we decided to go inside for a bit, then head off to the Oceanview Buffet for the first time.

Just to make sure it's clear to all reading this, the straights on this sailing had a really fabulous time as well. We just can't express it as well as JW. Oh and I can attest that there were times during the week when I spoke to him and he actually sounded sober ;-)

Just to make sure it's clear to all reading this, the straights on this sailing had a really fabulous time as well. We just can't express it as well as JW. Oh and I can attest that there were times during the week when I spoke to him and he actually sounded sober ;-)

Oh Bobby, You are way tooo funny! I still love your Birthday Christmas Tree in your room! And I know how much fun you had on your birthday too!

Quick question. When ordering drinks at the bar, could you bring a drink back with you for your SO or did both of you had to go and get your own drink?

I thought that you were only allowed to get 1 drink at the time but it looks like Jerome was able to bring back drinks for you. Did he just take your sailpass card with him to order? I guess that would be one way of doing it...

Quick question. When ordering drinks at the bar, could you bring a drink back with you for your SO or did both of you had to go and get your own drink?

I thought that you were only allowed to get 1 drink at the time but it looks like Jerome was able to bring back drinks for you. Did he just take your sailpass card with him to order? I guess that would be one way of doing it...

All you have to do is have the other persons card with you.

Shhhh, promise not to tell anyone. Jerome and I are in the Closet. Yes we are! We are closet Golden Corral lovers. Every once in a while we get a bug to feel like we are on a cruise, so when we get that feeling, we take an afternoon and go to Golden Corral. So by comparison, we always enjoy the Buffets that remind us of a positive Golden Corral experience. Now mind you, there are “golden corral’s“, and then there are GOLDEN CORRAL’S! Our favorite is in Orlando, by Lake Buena Vista. It’s huge, gi-normous and has a great clientele, is very clean and very well maintained.

That being said, I was amazed, impressed, and my jaw dropped to the floor, when I saw the Oceanview Café’s Buffet. Loved, Loved, Loved it! All the action stations. The constantly maintained service counters. The attention to detail from the fresh baked breads to the wonderful Salad Bar to the Fresh Made Pasta to Sushi, yes I said Sushi! And perhaps the best Pizza that I have had on any cruise ship.. Delicious! All the staff was so very friendly and there was always a table available. I really enjoyed also eating Al Fresco in the aft of the ship. Really beautiful.

Did you know that at 3 PM everyday, the same finger sandwiches that they put out at Café Al Bacio were also available in the Oceanview Café? Yes, I just love picking up a few of these finger sandwiches , stopping by the bar in the Oceanview, and grabbing a fresh squeezed OJ and a Martini, then heading back to the room enjoying pre-Happy Hour on the Balcony. Great fun.

Now, Jerome and I waltzed thru the Oceanview on this day, but I really wanted one of the famous Mast Grill Burgers I had read so much about. There was not a soul near the Mast Grill, which is located just above the Pool Bar. We walked right up and I started to order, but then I asked about condiments……(pssst. They have them all!) See, I only saw Ketchup, Mayo and Mustard, and you have an option of Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles and Onion. “But what about Bacon“, I asked. “Sure, we have it.“ The kind gentleman behind the counter stated. “Good! One Cheese Burger with Bacon, Please!“ Hmmm. "Do you have Grilled Onions?”, I threw in there. “Yes,“ that same gentleman replied. “Excellent!”, I said. “One Cheese Burger with Bacon AND Grilled Onions, please!” I then asked the gentlemen that was in charge of plating my food “Do you know what would make that burger the best ever?” He replied “Sautéed Mushrooms?” “Bullseye!” I exclaimed. “Yippee! One Cheese Burger with Bacon, Grilled Onions, Sautéed Mushrooms, and could you please add some Lettuce, Extra Tomatoes, Red Onion and Pickles Please!” “Anything else?” the gentleman said, as he looked at Jerome shaking his head at me. “Don’t shake your head at me, I am hungry!” I said to him,. “Yes, Can I please have a Weenie?” “A Weenie?”, “What’s is this Weenie?” He says to me. I laugh and said “Honey, if you don’t know what one is, I will show you later!” and all the guys behind the counter and Jerome started laughing. “A Hot Dog!” “May I please also have a Hot Dog.” I asked. And before he even went for the bun he stood there motionless waiting for me to ask for something else…..which of course, I did. “Do you have Sauerkraut?” “Ah Ha!, Yes we do!” “One Big Weenie with Sauerkraut coming right up!” I love it, Now he’s got it! "Oh and one more thing"....."May I please have French Fries?" That guy had a great sense of humor, and I cannot believe I did not get his name. I just called him Weenie Man

All week long, "Hey Jerome" "Let's go up to Weenie Man and get a Burger". Weenie Man, you are the best!

After we got our plates together, we ate right there at the Mast Grill, and I was able to get a soda with my card and Jerome picked up a Corona. I could not believe that no one was lining up for these incredible burgers. So form that moment on, everyone I talked to, I told them about the Mast Grill Burgers and Weenies. "Big Mouth" here started the whole condiment craze too! Every day, the lines got longer and longer, until the last sea day, Friday, and the line went all the way around the smoke stack, full circle. Still, it was worth the wait. The best hamburger I have ever had at sea. Now don’t forget to ask for Bacon, Grilled Onions, Sautéed Mushrooms and Sauerkraut!

As I stopped at the Mast Grill every day, the gentleman (Weenie Man) behind the counter would always ask me “If I would like a “Weenie?”. “WOULD I?, YOU BETCHA!” I wonder if that is why the Mast Grill was really popular with the ladies all week. They were lining up for some weenies for sure!

the-mighty-hot-dog-redhot-pigina-blanket-funny-pictures-1302208658.jpg.scaled500.jpg

So... I've applied all my British reserve, rolled my eyes and tut-tutted my way through this thread, but I'm coming clean. I LOVE IT! :D

Bet there was never a dull moment on your cruise. Wish we'd been on it!

Loving Hat Lady and the Hurricane deck post LOL!

Martini Bar is THE place to have fun with FOD. There was a large group on both Equinox and Solstice and we had such great fun with them.

Really glad you love Celebrity. :cool:

Whoever it was that posted 1 2 3 Floor, very funny :D :D

OMG - this review just keeps getting more hilarious with every post:D

So what's with the November cruise - prices are sky high - is it a charter?

Actually our November 16th cruise is less than the one we just took in April. It's the week before Thanksgiving so it should be quite a bit lower. Are you even on Holiday at that time?

While we are on the subject of Wiener's, It was National Take Your Kid to Work Day yesterday, so everyone sing....

"Oh I wish I were and Oscar Mayer Wiener, that is what I'd truly love to be-eeeeee-eee. 'Cause if I were and Oscar Mayer Wiener, everyone would be in love with me!"

400611_10151413479169220_656803603_n.jpg

So... I've applied all my British reserve, rolled my eyes and tut-tutted my way through this thread, but I'm coming clean. I LOVE IT! :D

Bet there was never a dull moment on your cruise. Wish we'd been on it!

Loving Hat Lady and the Hurricane deck post LOL!

Martini Bar is THE place to have fun with FOD. There was a large group on both Equinox and Solstice and we had such great fun with them.

Really glad you love Celebrity. :cool:

Whoever it was that posted 1 2 3 Floor, very funny :D :D

Thank you. It really was grand fun and there is so much more to tell. Wait until tonight when I talk about the two "new" Saints we met and what surprise I pulled out of one of their pockets! :eek:

You are cracking me up! You two sound like a blast to cruise with! Plus the "tinkle tinkle drinking game" has me wishing that I wasn't at work so I could have a martini to go with your review... :D

PS: The amazing peeping tom toilet also got my DH once last cruise. You had me dying that story, lol!

PPS: I hear there is still room on the October 8 Equinox out of BCN...;)

Actually our November 16th cruise is less than the one we just took in April. It's the week before Thanksgiving so it should be quite a bit lower. Are you even on Holiday at that time?

holiday - what do you think I am - Canadian. :D My birthday actually occurs that week so that might be a good excuse to go but DH isn't so excited about another cruise this year (he'd rather go to Belgium). Can't persuade Either DD to go as they don't like sun or water (crazy right!!)

holiday - what do you think I am - Canadian. :D My birthday actually occurs that week so that might be a good excuse to go but DH isn't so excited about another cruise this year (he'd rather go to Belgium). Can't persuade Either DD to go as they don't like sun or water (crazy right!!)

I'll go with you :D

You are cracking me up! You two sound like a blast to cruise with! Plus the "tinkle tinkle drinking game" has me wishing that I wasn't at work so I could have a martini to go with your review... :D

Reread it later with drink in hand, that's what I'm going to do. Funny how we're all on cruise critic instead of working ::cool:

Could you see the two of us together on a cruise......how would we write about it? Then we would have to throw Hansolomom in the mix and we really would have a party!

Archived