Chocolates at Turndown?

stavs

FWIW, we had chocolates on our last cruise. You can have ours--we don't care for them. Pretty low-grade chocolate.:(

We couldn't give them away once we got home and didn't eat them ourself, so finally started telling cabin stewart not to leave them. I love chocolate, but these things are nasty.

So you took the words outta my mouth!

Yep. I do love dark chocolate. But, I'm sure even if they gave us dark chocolate it'd be the nasty, cheap stuff. :(

Hey Jayne, Bet you can't wait to get those Belgium chocolates!! I agree the chocolates on Carnival are just nasty.

We were on Celebrity last year and the chocolates were really good.

Judy

Sarah, I have not often cried reading Cruise Critic, but that definitely brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful that you have quilts from your mother. I'm very jealous that your mother had a long arm! I have a mid-arm that gets me by I will have a long arm once I get my youngest through college.

Quilts are such a beautiful way to share your love with others. Each of my children has at least one quilt I've made for them that they got to pick the patterns and fabrics for. I've also made a few small quilts from the clothing of loved ones who have passed and given those to the ones who loved them. It's a precious thing, I think.

Thank you for sharing about your mother--you touched my heart today. :o

Jayne

Jayne, here in Kentucky we are preparing for the Quilt Festival in Paducah this week.If you were here I would show you all around.

Judy

As has been brought up, they have changed the type of chocholate they give out at night. Perhaps they were in the midst of the change over while you were on your cruise, and your steward mis-interpreted the intent - thinking they were ending the treat, when in fact, they were just transitioning.

Hey Jayne, Bet you can't wait to get those Belgium chocolates!! I agree the chocolates on Carnival are just nasty.

We were on Celebrity last year and the chocolates were really good.

Judy

YES!! We're planning to eat our way through Bruges! LOL. Mussels, frites, and chocolates. Ooo la la. ;)

Jayne, here in Kentucky we are preparing for the Quilt Festival in Paducah this week.If you were here I would show you all around.

Judy

Judy, I dream of visiting Paducah during the Quilt Festival! Some day. :D

Jayne

You put about 4 or 5 in a glass.

Put that on top of the fridge, in the back.

Wait an hour, chocolate will melt.

go to the buffet, and get strawberries.

Dip strawberries in chocolate, wallah,

you have your Chocolate Covered Strawberries !!! yum:D

:rolleyes:

Neat idea. I'm gonna save all mine and do this on the last night of the cruise.

Thanks, Anna

We had the chocolates every night last January on the Freedom, but they were the white wrapped icky ones (didn't eat them half the time). We both liked the silver wrapped ones much better! They need to bring those back!

Archived