Chocolates at Turndown?

stavs

I've only been on three cruises with Carnival, and the first two (Pride and Miracle) we received chocolates at turndown on our pillows. As I would make my way down the halls I would usually help myself to extras that were on the stewards carts as well. When we were on the Freedom last year, there were no chocolates and the steward said they stopped the chocolates. Is this true? Obviously not a deal breaker, but it was a nice little touch.

I've only been on three cruises with Carnival, and the first two (Pride and Miracle) we received chocolates at turndown on our pillows. As I would make my way down the halls I would usually help myself to extras that were on the stewards carts as well. When we were on the Freedom last year, there were no chocolates and the steward said they stopped the chocolates. Is this true? Obviously not a deal breaker, but it was a nice little touch.

We did a B2B on Freedom this past January (2013) and received chocolates with our Funtimes every night.

They still had them on the Breeze in January and the Conquest earlier this month, but they didn't keep them on top of the cart to avoid people taking extras.

The OP may have taken just a few extra, but I've seen others take hands full.

They still had them on the Breeze in January and the Conquest earlier this month, but they didn't keep them on top of the cart to avoid people taking extras.

The OP may have taken just a few extra, but I've seen others take hands full.

I hate to say it, but I took more than a few :) I didn't take handfulls though. The stewards would usually catch me and just laugh because I thought I was being really discrete - kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar!

We have always had them, and we love to collect them. I take them home with me, and then have one per day as a reminder of what a great time we had on the cruise.

NOTE: NCL does not provide chocolates to Non-Suite guests :mad:

That is one of the things we always miss when we sail NCL.

Thanks! :D I'm actually looking at a couple of quilting theme cruises. Sounds like heaven to me!

My mom was a wonderful quilter and passed this past summer with lists and all fabrics ready for ones she did not get to...about 8 years ago she got a special sewing room added to the house and dad got a long arm to do the quilting.

They almost took a quilting cruise on Princess to Hawaii. Dad had the ladies at the place they go in winter make the 2nd great grandbabies quilt who they shopped for together,,,it is a deep river to have 2 of her quilts and know one was in the making...a teacup one for me...I love your name too...Dad says the ladies were not as particular as mom and it was a mess to get ready to quilt...he is so talented and put that contraption together..ahh thanks for the listen, go on that cruise..Sarah

We just got off of the Freedom on Saturday. We had 2 chocolates on our pillows each night.

About the time the No Chocolates rumor started some time ago we had a cruise scheduled. We did not get the Chocolate Mint in the silver wrapper as they were putting the Chocolate in the white wrapper on the Fun Times at night.

But we still got chocolate!

If true, then the steward wasn't telling the truth. They have never stopped giving out chocolates.

My mom was a wonderful quilter and passed this past summer with lists and all fabrics ready for ones she did not get to...about 8 years ago she got a special sewing room added to the house and dad got a long arm to do the quilting.

They almost took a quilting cruise on Princess to Hawaii. Dad had the ladies at the place they go in winter make the 2nd great grandbabies quilt who they shopped for together,,,it is a deep river to have 2 of her quilts and know one was in the making...a teacup one for me...I love your name too...Dad says the ladies were not as particular as mom and it was a mess to get ready to quilt...he is so talented and put that contraption together..ahh thanks for the listen, go on that cruise..Sarah

Sarah, I have not often cried reading Cruise Critic, but that definitely brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful that you have quilts from your mother. I'm very jealous that your mother had a long arm! I have a mid-arm that gets me by I will have a long arm once I get my youngest through college.

Quilts are such a beautiful way to share your love with others. Each of my children has at least one quilt I've made for them that they got to pick the patterns and fabrics for. I've also made a few small quilts from the clothing of loved ones who have passed and given those to the ones who loved them. It's a precious thing, I think.

Thank you for sharing about your mother--you touched my heart today. :o

Jayne

You put about 4 or 5 in a glass.

Put that on top of the fridge, in the back.

Wait an hour, chocolate will melt.

go to the buffet, and get strawberries.

Dip strawberries in chocolate, wallah,

you have your Chocolate Covered Strawberries !!! yum:D

:rolleyes:

You put about 4 or 5 in a glass.

Put that on top of the fridge, in the back.

Wait an hour, chocolate will melt.

go to the buffet, and get strawberries.

Dip strawberries in chocolate, wallah,

you have your Chocolate Covered Strawberries !!! yum:D

:rolleyes:

Clever!

Archived