Elastic Waist Pants?

msdebbe

humor seems to be loss to folks on these boards. fyi, before wearing those yoga pants please look in a full length mirror. more than a few of the ladies I see wearing them really shouldn't be.

I'm a little confused at the "loss of humor" comment.

Anyway, there are more types of yoga pants than the ones that are skin tight from bum to toes. And, if someone is comfy in them and they don't feel embarrassed and it isn't against the law, what does it matter? If I'm going to be stuck in a metal tube for 8-11+ hours in a seat that is 17.2 inches wide, possibly sitting between two people who need more than 17.2 inches, I'm going to be d***n sure I'm comfortable ;)

Anyway, there are more types of yoga pants than the ones that are skin tight from bum to toes. And, if someone is comfy in them and they don't feel embarrassed and it isn't against the law, what does it matter? If I'm going to be stuck in a metal tube for 8-11+ hours in a seat that is 17.2 inches wide, possibly sitting between two people who need more than 17.2 inches, I'm going to be d***n sure I'm comfortable ;)

Amen!!! :D

Amen!!! :D

Ditto...... :eek: I am always comfortable when we travel. I count on there being a long security line, I count on hot/cold/rainy/snowy weather, count on a crying baby in seat behind me or a child who keeps kicking my seat......

I count on our flight leaving late, waiting on the runway and the tv at my seat doesn't work.

The only thing I can control in that scenario is what I wear.

I am always presentable, neat and clean but the black pants I wear are comfortable. They may or may not have elastic waist but it will always be black pants as I count on my luggage not arriving with us and if I have black pants, I can pick up tops and manage until it arrives.

Anyone of those things that doesn't happen, makes my flight a little more comfortable. :D

exactly.. so why did folks get so worked up when I mentioned switching into flannel PJ's.

I didn't realize anyone got worked up over it....I know my comment

was just that I have no desire to wear pajamas. Actually, the size of the

bathroooms in coach?....I use them as little as possible (even for the

necessary reasons:eek:) so changing clothes in them? No thanks;)

exactly.. so why did folks get so worked up when I mentioned switching into flannel PJ's.

Hey, I was one of the ones who said I didn't care what someone wore. There ARE some fashion police here who will weigh in on what apparently is "appropriate" cruise/flight wear, If we'd all just put a little effort into our appearance and do all the makeup... Most of us just move on...;)

Just today I discovered Lee Style Up jeans. Pull on, with a wide elasticized waist. Super dark wash blue, but also came in black and Khaki that I saw at Kohls. Very nice looking on and comfortable with enough stretch in them.

I'm flying back to PA in a couple of days to visit family, and this will be what I wear on the plane. If I like them, I'll wear them to and from my cruise in December.

To ask about a pair of pants mentioned earlier in the thread:D

J Jill....I went to the website and were you gals talking about the

pants that are like a french terry material? Soft like sweats but

nicer?

Depends. There are several Jjill pants to choose from, depending on your level of "dressiness". Now, just my opinion: The Wearever collection is more fashionable, wear for work, wear for dinner, wear "wherever". The PureJill is the more casual, wear in the daytime, wear to be comfy. Then, there are the easy pull on linen pants. Not recommended for flights, unless you like all those wrinkles :-)

The airplane bathrooms are disgusting about an hour after dinner. I don't even want to go in, let alone change clothes. I use the third world method of rolling pants legs up before dropping pants. :rolleyes: gross. I also wear flip flops that get put into ziplock bag after flight. I really don't care if someone wears flannel pjs. I wouldn't do it and giggle when I see it but if that's what you're comfy in, go for it. :)

I guess RBW being in the cruise fashion and beauty section you aren't going to get many of the ladies here wearing fleecy pjs in the airport, but whatever rocks your boat and makes you comfortable.

I too personally would not be seen dead in public areas such as an airport, shops etc. with pjs on but that is just me, I would wait til I was on the plane to change.

Depends. There are several Jjill pants to choose from, depending on your level of "dressiness". Now, just my opinion: The Wearever collection is more fashionable, wear for work, wear for dinner, wear "wherever". The PureJill is the more casual, wear in the daytime, wear to be comfy. Then, there are the easy pull on linen pants. Not recommended for flights, unless you like all those wrinkles :-)

Thanks for the reply:)no linen for me......I will check out the website

again.

Thanks for the reply:)no linen for me......I will check out the website

again.

You're welome!

All this talk about the airline lavs got me to thinking: my pants that I'm wearing tomorrow on my flights have cinches at the bottoms to push up the legs. I'm going to have to remember to do that when I visit the loo!!!

You're welome!

All this talk about the airline lavs got me to thinking: my pants that I'm wearing tomorrow on my flights have cinches at the bottoms to push up the legs. I'm going to have to remember to do that when I visit the loo!!!

Absolutely!

It always makes me cringe when people go to the restroom with nothing on their feet or just socks.:eek:

Ordered wearever pants and jacket from J.Jill and they were on sale! Finally received them but I ordered the trouser fit and they have an elastic waist but also a zipper and button.

I do love the way they fit and look though but may order another pair to compare the difference. I also ordered the crepe elastic waist pants as well and have a great top which I can wear one evening for dinner. Thanks again for all the help!

Archived