Controversy with all inclusive - what would you like included?

English Tim

Hello Azamara Inclusive Beverage Followers -

Thank you for taking your time to continue make suggestions for our new beverage program. I thought it would make sense to reiterate that I'll be submitting a series of summaries to our senior management team of your ongoing Cruise Critic comments and opinions about the complimentary program and the value-priced beverage packages.

I want to let you know that I'll be using this newthread to gather my feedback information. Previously, my source has been the thread titled "New 2013 Inclusive Beverage Program Details" posted by me on March 20th, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1812254. Frankly, I think it's time to switch from that very epic and emotional thread with its current 364 replies and 19,600 + views to one that reflects opinions generated from having the official beverage program details on the website as well as the actual program in operation on the Azamara Quest since March 27th.

Shortly, on May 15th, the program will be in operation on the Azamara Journey which means that we'll be able to gather our guests' and hotel staff's comments from a "live" setting from both vessels. We're in the program's introductory phase which indicates that as it's rolled out, the program might be fine-tuned as we tap into the voice of the marketplace.

Along with my summaries of your Cruise Critic comments, our executive team will be evaluating and considering actual onboard guest and hotel staff feedback and its implications for program development. I will keep the community informed about the program on the Azamara forum.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Dear Bill,

I think you have made a good decision to take suggestions and ideas from this thread, rather than the initial thread you started on 20th March.

Providing this thread stays on track there hopefully could be some constructive suggestions to consider.

I am cruising on Quest for the first time in June, and will happily feedback my thoughts on the 'more inclusive' offering post cruise.

On the thread you started back in March I believe one poster quoted from the Azamara website, that the plan behind the inclusive status was to partner with Azamara's suppliers. My one suggestion at this stage is based around continuing requests for Baileys and Guinness, both of these brands are supplied by Diageo whose other products include Gordon's gin and Smirnoff vodka, both of which are included in the current package.

Is this the opportunity to improve supplier relations at an early stage?

DD

So far since we debated what may or may not be included in the new package, we haven't really put what we feel should be included - what we like drinking, so maybe folks would like to make some suggestions, which could then be put to Azamara UK, who stated at the London Cruise Show, that the only exclusions would be top shelf spirits and Champagne.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

....Sanatogen and Wincarnis

Unbeatable!!

Add my vote to the many who would love to see a Cava or Prosecco among the offerings. I'd guess that unlike with spirits or wines, label is less important in this case. Azamara wouldn't need to commit to a particular supplier or even state anything other than sparkiling wine on the list of inclusions. Given the low price point in much of Europe, this would allow for a more flexible acquisition strategy and provide a means to meet consumer demand...

We were also very happy with the wine with meals formula and will return to Azamara only when we feel the new package offers value to us. But we tried the new package earlier this month and think the beverage package would be strengthened by the addition of a cava (brut), dry sherry and port for me - I don't drink cocktails. My husband thought the beer offerings should be tweaked. I would like better toiletries as I'm still bringing my own. We didn't go to the evening event as we had planned very busy 2 days in Barcelona but those of us who remained onboard had a lovely evening. In the MDR we were spread around the window tables and the service remained excellent.

With the greatest respect can we keep this discussion about preferences on and around the new Azamara offer and not revert to the old theme of ' I liked azamara as it was', please?

Yvonne:(

Yes, I don't think we need to Harp' on about other things!;)

Currently on fantastic Seabourn Odyssey cruise. Will life ever be normal again!

A private message to Norn Iron and Julie-woolie ;)

Shackin if you don't get wha ye wan :)

Wishing you both great cruises..... pity that more don't dock in Norn Iron (wish I had grabbed that cruisecritic name !!!)

For anyone who wishes for a good read on their cruise, may I recommend :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ulster-English-Dictionary-John-Pepper/dp/0904651886/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1367366594&sr=8-16&keywords=northern+ireland+dictionary

A great geg !

Sorry if the above is completely off-topic but we agree with Norn Iron that a good quality Indian Tonic Water is essential.

Hello Azamara Inclusive Beverage Followers -

Thank you for taking your time to continue make suggestions for our new beverage program. I thought it would make sense to reiterate that I'll be submitting a series of summaries to our senior management team of your ongoing Cruise Critic comments and opinions about the complimentary program and the value-priced beverage packages.

I want to let you know that I'll be using this newthread to gather my feedback information. Previously, my source has been the thread titled "New 2013 Inclusive Beverage Program Details" posted by me on March 20th, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1812254. Frankly, I think it's time to switch from that very epic and emotional thread with its current 364 replies and 19,600 + views to one that reflects opinions generated from having the official beverage program details on the website as well as the actual program in operation on the Azamara Quest since March 27th.

Shortly, on May 15th, the program will be in operation on the Azamara Journey which means that we'll be able to gather our guests' and hotel staff's comments from a "live" setting from both vessels. We're in the program's introductory phase which indicates that as it's rolled out, the program might be fine-tuned as we tap into the voice of the marketplace.

Along with my summaries of your Cruise Critic comments, our executive team will be evaluating and considering actual onboard guest and hotel staff feedback and its implications for program development. I will keep the community informed about the program on the Azamara forum.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill, I will keep this simple:

-Sparking wine

-Baileys

-Port

-Better selection of beers

Yes, I don't think we need to Harp' on about other things!;)

Currently on fantastic Seabourn Odyssey cruise. Will life ever be normal again!

Not to keep "harping" on the subject, but after reading Bill Leiber's response that the program may be "fine tuned", I wonder if instead of making more beverages included, that some listed may be excluded. It reminds me of children lined up at the department store asking Santa for more included drinks.

Yes, I would like to see some full bodied beers included. Instead of a long list of mixed drinks perhaps a short list of cocktails of the day could be included, which would make things easier on the barbacks and service quicker.

I still wonder how this policy will help Azamara avoid the preception among non-drinkers and occasional drinkers that they are paying for something that they do not want.

Cocktail Policy I have been lurking as I followed this policy get redefined as time goes on, but have decided that now is the time to jump in.

My wife loves to drink Cosmos, usually before dinner in the bar outside the MDR. I notice that Martinis are included in the complimentary list but cosmos are not. Don't have a clue why not since they are no more difficult to prepare and all their ingredients are included in the "Free" list. Does this mean we should ask for some cranberry juice, some vodka and some triple sec and make our own cosmos? Should we start packing a cocktail shaker so we can mix them ourselves, or will the bar tenders willingly loan us theirs?

Just wondering???

A private message to Norn Iron and Julie-woolie ;)

Shackin if you don't get wha ye wan :)

Wishing you both great cruises..... pity that more don't dock in Norn Iron (wish I had grabbed that cruisecritic name !!!)

For anyone who wishes for a good read on their cruise, may I recommend :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ulster-English-Dictionary-John-Pepper/dp/0904651886/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1367366594&sr=8-16&keywords=northern+ireland+dictionary

A great geg !

Sorry if the above is completely off-topic but we agree with Norn Iron that a good quality Indian Tonic Water is essential.

Thon's a quare geg wantin to use my cruisecritic name!!

There are over 50 cruises calling in Belfast this year, I've attached the link to the Belfast Harbour Commissioners web page. Great to see Celebrity return with Infinity and Azamara Quest is in on 15th July.

Abasinya

https://www.belfast-harbour.co.uk/port/cruise-schedule

Hi,

We travelled on Quest 10th April Monte Carlo to Seville. Our first Azamara experience and really loved it.

All (or "More") Inclusive was just great for us.

Maybe the only things not included :

1. Port

2.Something sparkling in the wine section.

Some nights I didn't like the red wine offered but they always, happily produced something I did like!

Mary was still playing the harp before dinner in Discoveries Lounge. How relaxing was that.

The only other comment I am going to make after reading comments on here, we came back feeling we had had a very relaxing cruise which was excellent value for money.

Oh, by the way, I registered for the M&M and to this day have not recieved my invite!!!!

Perhaps the critical people posting should wait until they have experienced their cruise!

Hope you all continue to enjoy your Azamara experience as much as we did.

Hi,

We travelled on Quest 10th April Monte Carlo to Seville. Our first Azamara experience and really loved it.

All (or "More") Inclusive was just great for us.

Maybe the only things not included :

1. Port

2.Something sparkling in the wine section.

Some nights I didn't like the red wine offered but they always, happily produced something I did like!

Mary was still playing the harp before dinner in Discoveries Lounge. How relaxing was that.

The only other comment I am going to make after reading comments on here, we came back feeling we had had a very relaxing cruise which was excellent value for money.

Oh, by the way, I registered for the M&M and to this day have not recieved my invite!!!!

Perhaps the critical people posting should wait until they have experienced their cruise!

Hope you all continue to enjoy your Azamara experience as much as we did.

Thankyou:)

We are going to experience Quest, the riviera and the Monaco Grand Prix in 2 weeks and 1 day (we stay in Nice for 3 days before). We know the whole thing will be Amazing! Getting countdown fever now:o

Still would like to see Grouse added (a significant mention on here by others too) to the select included list instead of Cutty sark.

However, everyone agrees on better beer choice, something fizzy and a port.

Yvonne

Can I add a vote for Grouse for my husband and as I am a non drinker I would love a soft drink that is not of the cola, sprite variety as I am not keen on fizzy drinks. A good fruit juice would be lovely, (not orange juice) the apple juice they have on board quite often runs out or they have to go all over the ship to get me one, so perhaps pineapple or raspberry or a cloudy apple juice.

Hilary

Can I add a vote for Grouse for my husband and as I am a non drinker I would love a soft drink that is not of the cola, sprite variety as I am not keen on fizzy drinks. A good fruit juice would be lovely, (not orange juice) the apple juice they have on board quite often runs out or they have to go all over the ship to get me one, so perhaps pineapple or raspberry or a cloudy apple juice.

Hilary

Agree!

Cloudy Apple (very refreshing does not induce heartburn)

Famous Grouse or other equally acceptable blended (not Cutty Sark)

Fizzy wine

Port

Cosmopolitan beer selection inc Non alcoholic

Plus a decent Cider

have I missed anyone?

Yvonne:)

Agree!

Fizzy wine

Port

Plus a decent Cider

have I missed anyone?

Just two things missing, a nice Irish Whiskey and decent quality tonic water

Just two things missing, a nice Irish Whiskey and decent quality tonic water

Well, I've voiced concern about the Jim Beam, but your request for Irish Whiskey and mine for bourbon appear to be quite lonely, literally.

Well, I've voiced concern about the Jim Beam, but your request for Irish Whiskey and mine for bourbon appear to be quite lonely, literally.

Then its time to vote for an Irish (I do like a bushmills on ice)

And

Azamara should be fully international and include a bourbon.

Thinking about it, that is what is wrong with the whole select selection, they are not looking at the client base properly.

can anyone link a bourbon and Irish to the existing suppliers?

Get rid of Seagrams maybe so there is a space.

Consolidate, not expand!

Decent Tonic really should be the norm. What is the current Tonic?

Yvonne

Then its time to vote for an Irish (I do like a bushmills on ice)

And

Azamara should be fully international and include a bourbon.

Thinking about it, that is what is wrong with the whole select selection, they are not looking at the client base properly.

can anyone link a bourbon and Irish to the existing suppliers?

Get rid of Seagrams maybe so there is a space.

Consolidate, not expand!

Decent Tonic really should be the norm. What is the current Tonic?

Yvonne

The only link I know between Bourbon and Irish is that Jim Bean own the Cooley distillery in Co Louth. Cooley's brands are fairly new and certainly don't have the profile of Jameson or Bushmills.

Bushmills is supplied by Diageo who supply Gordon's and Smirnoff.

Jameson is supplied by Pernod Ricard, although Im not sure what else they supply to Azamara

The standard tonic water for Celebrity and to the best of my knowledge Azamara is the 'Club' brand, which in real terms is a pretty poor quality tonic.

I'm hoping I can report Schweppes from my Quest cruise in 4 weeks.

I may have to have a re-think on what cocktails I drink on AJ, as I put on 16 pounds on my Seabourn cruise, albeit 14 days. I drank lots of Bailey's based drinks, so maybe the omission of Bailey's is an advantage, at least for me!

I'm glad that Bill is monitoring the thread and I'm sure that some sensible decisions will be made, as a result of positive feedback.

I feel that the cruise industry is becoming more cut-throat, with all lines doing what they can to reduce overheads, whilst vying for their share of the market.

It does seem odd to be heading out on a trip called "The Route of the Wine Traders," stopping in Spain and Portugal, with neither sherry nor port on the Included list.

And besides, we like them. Wish they were there. Bubbly too, for that matter...

This is really directed to English Tim. As many of you know, I love the Azamara experience and have Quest booked in August. I now have a dilemma for November - Azamara Quest or Seabourn Sojourn. Both go to similar places, similar prices etc. Any advice?

Agree!

Fizzy wine

Port

Plus a decent Cider

have I missed anyone?

Fizzy wine (preferrably champagne!) gets MY vote! As I was disappointed on our last trip to find that this was not one of the items offered at not extra charge.

BUT when I mentioned the fact that I only drank champagne to our butler, I was pleased to find a bottle of Moet iced and ready for me each day in my cabin! Not sure if this was due to the fact that we had an owner's suite AND that we were not drinking the bottles of "hard" liqour provided....but it was such a nice touch!

Archived