What time on board?

cruise kipie

Embarkation usually begins around 11:30 am provided there is no deep cleaning (NORO), CDC inspection or whatever. Traditionally they start at 11:30 am most cruises I have been on despite the boarding pass saying 1pm. After all, if you boarded at 1 pm how would you catch the Mariner's lunch:rolleyes::D

The terminal usually opens its doors at 11 AM so that you can go through Security and check-in.

You will be given a number as you enter the building. After the ship has been cleared, numbers will be called for you to get onto the ship.

This usually begins around 11:30. Cabins are also usually ready at that time so that you can drop off carry-ons before you go to lunch or tour the ship on your own.

Dear all,

I hope you understand me. This is first time with HAL.

We will be on De Rotterdam on July 20. The ships leaves at 4 pm. What time can we go on ship?

Thank you very much.

Marjan and Vincent from Holland

Others have answered your question, but I would add that the Rotterdam port is a lovely one to board at. So scenic on the river, with the old Holland America Line building on the pier. The sail down the river will be wonderful at that time of the year.

Have a great time and come back and tell us all how your cruise was!

Hi Marjan and Vincent from Holland

We will also be on that cruise, except we are also taking the one right before it also. It will be a B2B cruise for 21 days.

On our transition day in Rotterdam, we were thinking of going to Delft for the day. Where in Holland are you from?

You should also join the July 20 Roll Call to get info on other passengers and shore excursions!

We are from Sarasota Florida. Looking forward to meeting you!:)

Paul and Karen

Others have answered your question, but I would add that the Rotterdam port is a lovely one to board at. So scenic on the river, with the old Holland America Line building on the pier. The sail down the river will be wonderful at that time of the year.

And the size of Rotterdam harbor is amazing. It is one of the largest in the world, I believe.

Definitely watch after sailaway to sail through the small canals. We sailed Rotterdam into Rotterdam on the first visit HAL made to the city where HAL was founded after having been away for many years. I got up o'dark hundred to watch us sail to the harbor. It was fabulous.

In Rotterdam, you also usually get the 'Albatross' Shanty Choir at sail-away singing "What will we do with the drunken sailor" :)

Cruise Chickie; cool name!;)

IMG_8087.jpg

In Rotterdam, you also usually get the 'Albatross' Shanty Choir at sail-away singing "What will we do with the drunken sailor" :)

Cruise Chickie; cool name!;)

IMG_8087.jpg

/quote]

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we hebben vorig jaar onze schoonouders naar de haven gebracht, ze konden aan boord de Eurodam zo rond 11:30. Ik moet zeggen dat het prachtig is daar. Makkelijk te bereiken ook.

Fijne Koningsdag vandaag!

Last year we brought our in-laws to the port, they were allowed to board Eurodam at about 11:30. I must say, that it is a gorgeous port. And easy to get there as well.

Happy Kingsday today!

we hebben vorig jaar onze schoonouders naar de haven gebracht, ze konden aan boord de Eurodam zo rond 11:30. Ik moet zeggen dat het prachtig is daar. Makkelijk te bereiken ook.

Fijne Koningsdag vandaag!

Last year we brought our in-laws to the port, they were allowed to board Eurodam at about 11:30. I must say, that it is a gorgeous port. And easy to get there as well.

Happy Kingsday today!

Ik zit er live naar te kijken ***** 00:22 jouw tijd 09.22. Iedereen in het oranje/I'm watching it live at 00.22, your time 0922; everybody dressed in orange:)

Shanty Choir "De Hoekse Waard" have I seen many times, and last Saturday Shanty Choir "3x Niks".

Ik zit er live naar te kijken ***** 00:22 jouw tijd 09.22. Iedereen in het oranje/I'm watching it live at 00.22, your time 0922; everybody dressed in orange:)

Ik beken: traantjes rollen een beetje / I confess: got some tears here...

Leve Koning Wim. :D

Hi Marjan and Vincent from Holland

We will also be on that cruise, except we are also taking the one right before it also. It will be a B2B cruise for 21 days.

On our transition day in Rotterdam, we were thinking of going to Delft for the day. Where in Holland are you from?

You should also join the July 20 Roll Call to get info on other passengers and shore excursions!

We are from Sarasota Florida. Looking forward to meeting you!:)

Paul and Karen

Hi Paul and Karen,

We are from Lisse, famous for the Keukenhof (http://www.keukenhof.nl).

Delft is a very nice and old town. If you like you can climb the tower of the New Church. The tower is 108 meters high. Beautiful view. And Delft is famous for Delftware. If you want more information please send me a message. It's my pleasure to help you.

Four months ago we visited Florida for 2 weeks (Key West, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando), it's was great. We love Florida.

Dear all,

I hope you understand me. This is first time with HAL.

We will be on De Rotterdam on July 20. The ships leaves at 4 pm. What time can we go on ship?

Thank you very much.

Marjan and Vincent from Holland

Marjan & Vincent: Your English is excellent. I applaud your grammar and spelling. Enjoy your cruise on the Rotterdam. She is a nice ship indeed.:D

Hi Paul and Karen,

We are from Lisse, famous for the Keukenhof (www.keukenhof.nl).

Delft is a very nice and old town. If you like you can climb the tower of the New Church. The tower is 108 meters high. Beautiful view. And Delft is famous for Delftware. If you want more information please send me a message. It's my pleasure to help you.

Four months ago we visited Florida for 2 weeks (Key West, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando), it's was great. We love Florida.

Yes, we also love Florida! We have been to Amsterdam about 4 years ago, and will visit the city for only one day this time before going to Rotterdam on July 6th, We loved that city the first time, but this time of course we will not have to time to visit the museums that we loved! We were going to visit the museum in The Hague during our inbetween day in Rotterdam on the 20th, but believe it or not, most of the paintings will be in the USA at that time, so I guess we will head to Delft instead. We will look forward to meeting you!:)

Archived