will we know/when will we know?

DMLyons

Just a few questions, since I'm not familiar with NCL's usual workings...besides what I've learned on here!

1. Will we know who our butler and concierge are before boarding? If so, when?

2. When should I contact the pre-concierge line to give them all my preferences? They said I would get a letter after final payment, but I haven't seen that yet. Will it come closer to the 45 day or 55 day mark, and I'm just jumping the gun, since I'm under 60 days? ;)

Thanks much in advance!

DML

There is only one concierge on the ship - but several butlers, so you will be introduced to your butler on the first day. You will also meet the concierge when you check in. If you want to know more you could post which ship you are sailing on and ask specific questions about it. Someone who was on a recent sailing will be able to report current information.

When I cruised last summer on the Pearl in an SF suite, there was no pre sail concierge contact - either proactive or reactive. Perhaps haven suites are different. I can also see where ships like the Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway where they have many more suites, they would love to have pre cruise requests.

There is only one concierge on the ship - but several butlers, so you will be introduced to your butler on the first day. You will also meet the concierge when you check in. If you want to know more you could post which ship you are sailing on and ask specific questions about it. Someone who was on a recent sailing will be able to report current information.

I was told the number of concierges also varied, depending on the size of the ship, but since I'll be on a smaller ship, there probably is only one aboard at a time, I agree. I'm not sure anyone will know for sure which concierge and butlers will be on my ship yet, since I've heard they move the staff around a lot. I'll be on the Dawn at the end of June/beginning of July. Too early to know which ones will be there?

So, there's no way to know for sure which one is assigned? I thought I saw that people received an email from the pre-concierge that gave them the names ahead of time, so they knew who they would be meeting. Maybe not, though.

DML

I was told the number of concierges also varied, depending on the size of the ship, but since I'll be on a smaller ship, there probably is only one aboard at a time, I agree. I'm not sure anyone will know for sure which concierge and butlers will be on my ship yet, since I've heard they move the staff around a lot. I'll be on the Dawn at the end of June/beginning of July. Too early to know which ones will be there?

So, there's no way to know for sure which one is assigned? I thought I saw that people received an email from the pre-concierge that gave them the names ahead of time, so they knew who they would be meeting. Maybe not, though.

DML

UPDATE: Yep, I found where someone did say pre-concierge will tell you the names ahead, but I still don't know when they are supposed to contact me. Still trying to find my way. :D

UPDATE: Yep, I found where someone did say pre-concierge will tell you the names ahead, but I still don't know when they are supposed to contact me. Still trying to find my way. :D

We're sailing in a Dawn suite this Friday and have not been contacted by the pre-concierge. From recent reviews, I'm assuming that Virginia will be our concierge. We won't know for certain until Friday morning.

In late March (we're cruising mid-May) we received our suite luggage tags along with a letter with the telephone number and email address for the Concierge Desk. People in the Owners Suite on our cruise (we're on the Sun) were contacted directly by the Concierge Desk, but none of the rest of the folks on our rollcall thread were called. We just called the number in the letter.

Have fun on the Dawn. We're cruising on her for the first time next year.

We're sailing in a Dawn suite this Friday and have not been contacted by the pre-concierge. From recent reviews, I'm assuming that Virginia will be our concierge. We won't know for certain until Friday morning.

Someone on another thread got on the subject of pre-concierge and suggested people just call them anytime after final payment, and they'll send you an email. I've tried that. I'll let you know when I get the email...what information it contains and all that. They also highly encouraged me to set up things like spa treatments with them when I'm ready. Very approachable.

DML

I switched to a suite just 3 weeks before sailing so I didn't get a letter from them. I called their number (855) 625-4283 and spoke with someone from the Concierge Desk. They emailed me the letter with the pillow and coffee/tea choices. I just emailed them back with my requests. They then sent a confirmation email to me. I had asked about the refrigerator being emptied and a couple of other requests as well. They said that the Pillow and Coffee requests were confirmed but I would need to confirm the other requests once onboard. The confirmation letter told me that David would be on concierge on our cruise.

Just a few questions, since I'm not familiar with NCL's usual workings...besides what I've learned on here!

2. When should I contact the pre-concierge line to give them all my preferences? They said I would get a letter after final payment, but I haven't seen that yet. Will it come closer to the 45 day or 55 day mark, and I'm just jumping the gun, since I'm under 60 days? ;)

Thanks much in advance!

DML

1). You should be able to get the name of the concierge for someone on here prior to sailing, as they don't change too often, and take vacations only once per year for a month or two. You won't know your butler, as there are several on each ship and often rotate suites.

2). I contacted the pre-concierge at the 55 day mark for the Breakaway, but nothing was available to book (shows and dinners) until the 45 day mark. I got an email from the pre-concierge asking for my suite preferences about 30-35 days out. On the Sun last year we never heard from the pre-concierge - we were in the OS. It's not really a big deal either way, everything can be taken care of easily on board.

Robin

Thanks much in advance!

DML

Why waste any time worrying about it? Knowing your butler and concierge's name before you get on the ship helps with? The pre-concierge is also setting yourself up for disappointment. More often than not the items requested are not done. It takes only a couple minutes, face to face with your butler to get everything situated. Pre-concierge is a dog and pony waste of time IMO.

Why waste any time worrying about it? Knowing your butler and concierge's name before you get on the ship helps with? The pre-concierge is also setting yourself up for disappointment. More often than not the items requested are not done. It takes only a couple minutes, face to face with your butler to get everything situated. Pre-concierge is a dog and pony waste of time IMO.

Pre-c has always been exactly as requested for us, give it a try, it's FREE.

Pre-c has always been exactly as requested for us, give it a try, it's FREE.

Pre concierge has been very good at arranging things that are extra cost, i.e., tours, specialty dining etc. For other requests it is really hit or miss and usually it is better to wait until check in and meet with the concierge and butler.

quote]

Answers in reverse order:

2. Call the pre-concierge desk any time after final payment. You don't have to wait, though it may be too early to book restaurant reservations: 1-855-625-4283 M-F, 9 am-9 pm or NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com (I prefer speaking to the rep).

We called April 18 for our June 1st sailing in a penthouse suite, and Connie was very helpful. You can go through the list of choices/requests with her, and she'll send you a confirmation email.

These include:

coffee/tea preferences (regular, decafe, herbal teas, etc.)

pillow selection (we forgot which pillow we liked on last cruise, so the cabin will have 1 of each, for us to choose. Then we'll request them from our butler);

special instructions like emptying the fridge ahead of time, or having skim milk, etc.

1. Connie told us the name of our concierge on the Gem--it's Ryan.

3. We like eating at the specialty restaurants, and decided to pre-book the Dining Trio offer (be aware that we pay upfront for pre-booking speciality restaurants, rather than use on-board credits) . Connie booked all our reservations, too.

One request she couldn't meet was to exchange our comp bottle of sparkling wine for either a red or white wine of comparable value. Connie said there are no exchanges for comp wines.

Fortunately, there are people on here that actually help. I'm not really sure why you comment on anything, since you always seem to be negative. Have fun, dear, but don't bother with the negativity. It doesn't serve anything but your ego.

DML

2. Call the pre-concierge desk any time after final payment. You don't have to wait, though it may be too early to book restaurant reservations: 1-855-625-4283 M-F, 9 am-9 pm or NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com (I prefer speaking to the rep).

We called April 18 for our June 1st sailing in a penthouse suite, and Connie was very helpful. You can go through the list of choices/requests with her, and she'll send you a confirmation email.

So far, no email. They may have mistyped my email address or something. I'm going to contact them again, if I don't have it by Monday. Thanks to everyone for the information.

DML

So far, no email. They may have mistyped my email address or something. I'm going to contact them again, if I don't have it by Monday. Thanks to everyone for the information.

DML

You might want to check your junk mail/spam folder. That's where mine went when I had them send it to my work email address.

You might want to check your junk mail/spam folder. That's where mine went when I had them send it to my work email address.

Already checked that. Grin... I'm used to that happening. But since my last name is Lyons, I'm wondering if they typed my email address as Lions? It wouldn't surprise me. Happens all the time, it seems.

DML

After I found out who the concierge was on our cruise I did a search on here and found several threads where he was mentioned and what people thought of his service. I don't think it is a must know piece of information but some people do like to know these things in advance. I think the pre-concierge is a good idea and gave them my requests. If they aren't done in advance I will just ask when onboard and will not be "Disappointed".

After I found out who the concierge was on our cruise I did a search on here and found several threads where he was mentioned and what people thought of his service. I don't think it is a must know piece of information but some people do like to know these things in advance. I think the pre-concierge is a good idea and gave them my requests. If they aren't done in advance I will just ask when onboard and will not be "Disappointed".

Definitely one of the good reasons to know. Honestly, even if the pre-concierge drops the ball, it will help me get my ducks in a row. That way, I can have a handy printout of everything I talked to them about to share with the butler and concierge aboard. I've found it's easier to be organized if I have a quick cheat sheet of things to talk to them about. Then I don't have to bother them with much for the rest of the week. It has worked well for me in the past, so I stick with what works.

DML

I sent the pre-Concierge a list of requests for our cruise in June. Mostly I'm just interested in seeing which requests are completed. It will not ruin my vacation if the fridge is not cleared out ahead of time. It's all part of the pre-vacation anticipation.

We had to contact them. We received our tags and a number to call. We are in a DOS on the Gem next Sat. the 11th. I called this past Thur. the 2nd. she was great though I had the impression I was calling rather close to sail date. Everything was sent to our e-mail confirming choices and a note what to expect with the concierge name for our trip.

Have fun

Archived