Independence of the seas after her refit?

A store to buy cupcakes on a ship that is full of food venues that cost nothing is somehow "smart"?

I pass no judgment on the Cupcake Cupboard.

There were cobwebs and dustbunnies in the barber shop!

Least used space on the ship!

I pass no judgment on the Cupcake Cupboard.

There were cobwebs and dustbunnies in the barber shop!

Least used space on the ship!

Well, I wouldn't know as I never walked into the place.:p And I only went into the Cupcake Cupboard on Oasis because I met the woman running it out on the Promenade and she was a lot of fun to talk to.:)

A store to buy cupcakes on a ship that is full of food venues that cost nothing is somehow "smart"?

Based on what we saw on Oasis....the Cupcake Cupboard was plenty busy lots of times on our cruise.

Somebody's buying those tasty treats - whenever we popped in there...they were regularly restocking the shelves with more.

Based on what we saw on Oasis....the Cupcake Cupboard was plenty busy lots of times on our cruise.

Somebody's buying those tasty treats - whenever we popped in there...they were regularly restocking the shelves with more.

I didn't say that the folks running RCI were not smart.;)

Was on Indy on 15th June and the Cupcake Cuboard was a bit like Ben and Jerrys - not that busy.

My daughter signed up for the decorating class which I feel was a complete rip off. It lasted no more than 15 minutes and she was hoping to make a cupcake with the expected tower of icing like the ones sold in the shop. Alas no, it was a flat iced chocolate monkey which basically consisted of the girl in charge showing them where to put the decorations on, to get ur monkey face. Couple of kids were really dissapointed as they didnt like chocolate cake and asked for a vanilla sponge but no she wouldnt change them.

So it costs their parents 15 bucks for 10 minutes entertainment and a cake they didnt like. Although they also got a free paper apron!

At least my daughter ate her cake, but she was really dissappointed with the whole experience.

Was on Indy on 15th June and the Cupcake Cuboard was a bit like Ben and Jerrys - not that busy.

My daughter signed up for the decorating class which I feel was a complete rip off. It lasted no more than 15 minutes and she was hoping to make a cupcake with the expected tower of icing like the ones sold in the shop. Alas no, it was a flat iced chocolate monkey which basically consisted of the girl in charge showing them where to put the decorations on, to get ur monkey face. Couple of kids were really dissapointed as they didnt like chocolate cake and asked for a vanilla sponge but no she wouldnt change them.

So it costs their parents 15 bucks for 10 minutes entertainment and a cake they didnt like. Although they also got a free paper apron!

At least my daughter ate her cake, but she was really dissappointed with the whole experience.

Some friends we met in May on our Indy Norway cruise paid for their 2 children to do this.

They had the same experience as your daughter so they went to Guest Services for a full refund at the end.

:-)

Archived