Independence of the seas after her refit?

I believe the Independence is currently halfway through her first cruise after her short refit.

Is anyone on the IOS at the moment, if so what is the ship looking like?

Does anyone have pictures or video footage of the IOS after her refit?

:D thanks

As far as I am led to believe, there will not be much of a visible "change", other than the cup cake place, new nursery facilities and the pool deck big screen. Of course, there will be improvements and adjustements to the techie bits below the water line and a coat of paint or two here or there, as well as better wifi onboard.

But if there is anything else making the ship more magnificent than it usually is, I`m sure someone currently onboard will let us know. :D

As far as I am led to believe, there will not be much of a visible "change", other than the cup cake place, new nursery facilities and the pool deck big screen. Of course, there will be improvements and adjustements to the techie bits below the water line and a coat of paint or two here or there, as well as better wifi onboard.

But if there is anything else making the ship more magnificent than it usually is, I`m sure someone currently onboard will let us know. :D

Yeh true. Surely they would take this opportunity of change carpets and suchlike....

Great minds think alike. We are going 29th June can not wait!

We are too! Looking forward to it!

Would love to hear any feedback, particularly about the new nursery.

:-) amcb

We are too! Looking forward to it!

Would love to hear any feedback, particularly about the new nursery.

:-) amcb

We're sailing on her tomorrow and may well be making use of the nursery with our seven month old.. missus allowing that is..!! :D

Haven't even started packing yet. There's far too much gear to get together first for little-un... Could be a very long night.. :(

They've also replaced Portofinos with a Giovannis Table!

I think people have unrealistic expectations about the dry-dock process.

Many have this crazy notion that they completely rebuild/replace/refurbish/convert/ect the entire ship with all new rooms, bedding, TV's furniture, ect.

That does not happen.

Sure they replace things that are worn out but not everything just for the sake of replacing,

Also they do change out profit centers and add some updated features like the big screen and maps.

But for the most part, the ship won't be much different. They main reason to dry dock is for maintenance and repair of engine, motor, generator, systems, hull scraping, ect.

They don't remove a ship just to install a cup-cake store...

I believe some peoples expectations are a little high about the dry-dock thing.

People have this crazy notion that they completely rebuild/replace/refurbish/convert/ect the entire ship with all new rooms, bedding, TV's furniture, ect.

That does not happen.

Sure they replace things that are worn out but not everything just for the sake of replacing,

Also they do change out profit centers and add some updated features like the big screen and maps.

But for the most part, the ship won't be much different..

I would hope that it wouldn't be much different. The Freedom class ships are pretty awesome just the way they are.

We ran into her before she was changing her make-up in St Martin on April 11th while we were on the Freedom.....she looked so pretty next to us but......She did need a touch up to compete against her older Sister.....But it was so nice to see them getting along so well....even though the oldest was still in Charge. I just hope you Europeans take really good care of her while she is vacationing in your waters....We board her next December 7th bound for San Juan PR....and I know she is going to look better then the Older sister...plus, younger women are a bit more sexy!! :)

Mike

304_zpsfa8d0010.jpg

281_zpseb98de22.jpg

034-1_zps7c4f511e.jpg

just got off her today. she now has a Cupcake Cupboard (did not seem that popular), Giovannis Table (could not see in here and did not use), new digital signage - actually very good and useful, large screen on pool deck - bit of a shame but perhaps will be good on balmy Mediterranean evenings, quite a few new carpets, deck repainted, and obviously a lick of paint here and there. Otherwise the same loveable Indy. Did not see the nursery either - sorry.

We had a great time with wonderful weather - even it was just for two days. Current CD is Rob McNally - very pleasant guy. Captain is Captain Remo. Rock the Boat are still on board and just as good as ever.

SHout out to two great waiters - Edgar and Noriel in King Lear for My Time Dining.

Hope to be on board again soon!

just got off her today. she now has a Cupcake Cupboard (did not seem that popular)' date=' Giovannis Table (could not see in here and did not use), new digital signage - actually very good and useful, large screen on pool deck - bit of a shame but perhaps will be good on balmy Mediterranean evenings, quite a few new carpets, deck repainted, and obviously a lick of paint here and there. Otherwise the same loveable Indy. Did not see the nursery either - sorry.

We had a great time with wonderful weather - even it was just for two days. Current CD is Rob McNally - very pleasant guy. Captain is Captain Remo. Rock the Boat are still on board and just as good as ever.

SHout out to two great waiters - Edgar and Noriel in King Lear for My Time Dining.

Hope to be on board again soon![/quote']

I don't suppose they put the LOGO Shop back on th Royal Promenade?

They've also replaced Portofinos with a Giovannis Table!

I'm sailing on IOS on 18th May to Norway and got a mail from RCI asking

me to make reservations for, amongst others, Portofino's AND Giovanni's?!

Have they really got two Italian restaurants now?

Or was that a slip up on RCIs part?

If it is two what are the distinguishing features?

Why book one over the other?

I don't suppose they put the LOGO Shop back on th Royal Promenade?

NO! In fact we could hardly find any reasonable Logo stuff! the usual inflatable ships, key rings and some quite expensive mugs. was looking for fridge magnets but couldn't find anything!

Big Chik - only Giovannis Table. Sorry - did not even see a menu!

Oh - one other thing - the menus outside the main dining rooms are now digital, even Chops - slightly easier to read.

NO! In fact we could hardly find any reasonable Logo stuff! the usual inflatable ships' date=' key rings and some quite expensive mugs. was looking for fridge magnets but couldn't find anything!

[/quote']

That is what we found when we sailed this past March which was so different from when we were aboard three years ago and the LOGO Shop was still in place. How much space do they need to sell alcohol, tobacco, and perfume?:rolleyes:

We will be on IOS on June 1 and were also on this ship for 8 nt jan 19. The ship is beautiful, elegant . Does anyone know about Wifi costs and are there free wifi areas on this ship?

We will be on IOS on June 1 and were also on this ship for 8 nt jan 19. The ship is beautiful, elegant . Does anyone know about Wifi costs and are there free wifi areas on this ship?

RCI does not like this word.;)

Archived