Independence of the seas after her refit?

We will be on IOS on June 1 and were also on this ship for 8 nt jan 19. The ship is beautiful, elegant . Does anyone know about Wifi costs and are there free wifi areas on this ship?

WiFi starts at $0.65 per minute of connect time. The per minute cost can be reduced by purchasing a package.

Wow that's steep. I'll have to see about a package. Thanks

Package pricing:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

Pricing on your ship might be different. At least 2 ships I know of have base pricing that starts at $0.75. Also, Allure has unlimited internet packages and I don't know if those are making their way to other ships.

was looking for fridge magnets but couldn't find anything!

There weren't much prior to the refit. This was all I found on fridge magnets with Indy on it. I was hoping to have one with her picture on it but no such luck.

vuvydyje.jpg

Wow that's steep. I'll have to see about a package. Thanks

You might also never find how fast the wifi is though.

I have posted several threads on here but have never found out exactly what speed to expect on Indy following the upgrades to wifi following her recent refit.

It is probably that slow by all accounts, that the actual speed test itself costs $$$$s ! :mad:

just got off her today. she now has a Cupcake Cupboard (did not seem that popular)' date=' Giovannis Table (could not see in here and did not use), new digital signage - actually very good and useful, large screen on pool deck - bit of a shame but perhaps will be good on balmy Mediterranean evenings, quite a few new carpets, deck repainted, and obviously a lick of paint here and there. Otherwise the same loveable Indy. Did not see the nursery either - sorry.

We had a great time with wonderful weather - even it was just for two days. Current CD is Rob McNally - very pleasant guy. Captain is Captain Remo. Rock the Boat are still on board and just as good as ever.

SHout out to two great waiters - Edgar and Noriel in King Lear for My Time Dining.

Hope to be on board again soon![/quote']

Thanks for the update. Sounds like its business as usual

We ran into her before she was changing her make-up in St Martin on April 11th while we were on the Freedom.....she looked so pretty next to us but......She did need a touch up to compete against her older Sister.....But it was so nice to see them getting along so well....even though the oldest was still in Charge. I just hope you Europeans take really good care of her while she is vacationing in your waters....We board her next December 7th bound for San Juan PR....and I know she is going to look better then the Older sister...plus, younger women are a bit more sexy!! :)

Mike

304_zpsfa8d0010.jpg

281_zpseb98de22.jpg

034-1_zps7c4f511e.jpg

Mike

Think you we're looking through rose tinted glasses , I was aboard Indy and watched Freedom sail in to St Maarten at the same time Nieuw Amsterdam arrived, Freedom needs a little touch up around the gills !

To my mind the 2 sisters looked awesome , pity Liberty wasn't in port as well , unfortunately she was well on her way across the pond after passing Indy a few days earlier.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367762186.807250.jpg.85f3a225857866a7556c518ee815e156.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367762213.338159.jpg.506f170ec8b1d81c532e22e358447023.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367762444.257494.jpg.ab4d6f890bebf8cf620d3d082962c95b.jpg

I think they changed the shops for us akward people in the UK and also because a third party operates the shops on Indy and that's what they wanted to happen!!

They should have asked us and we'd have told them to leave the Logo shop as we like as much as Americans.

:mad:

Interesting that they narrator in the video said he was told the megawatt TV on the pool deck was a million dollar addition.

The movie screen is rated at megawatt power consumption? I seem to recall reading the ship has 6 generators rated at like 12mw each.... seems like the movie screen is going to put a dent in the generator capacity. But I guess they know what they're doing!

The movie screen is rated at megawatt power consumption? I seem to recall reading the ship has 6 generators rated at like 12mw each.... seems like the movie screen is going to put a dent in the generator capacity. But I guess they know what they're doing!

I have no idea. It is just a way that I typically refer to the monstrosity since we were docked across from a Princess ship and the blaring sound and flashing pictures more than slightly annoying.

I have no idea. It is just a way that I typically refer to the monstrosity since we were docked across from a Princess ship and the blaring sound and flashing pictures more than slightly annoying.

Oops.... Guess I took you too literally on the megawatt thing. My bad... :o

I was told Independence of the Seas started the maintenance/update/retrofit for enhancements last week, and it will take about 12 days.

The Royal Caribbean site shows all the changes/additions for Indy.

Maintenance (engines, electrical, etc.) is all part of this time as well.

I was told Independence of the Seas started the maintenance/update/retrofit for enhancements last week, and it will take about 12 days.

The Royal Caribbean site shows all the changes/additions for Indy.

Maintenance (engines, electrical, etc.) is all part of this time as well.

Actually, they started the work a couple of weeks ago and finished the middle of last week. Indy started sailing again I believe on May 2nd... it's definitely sailing now (currently on a 14-nighter to Spain).

I am off on Indy on 1st June and not particularly liking the sound of the big screen in the pool area. Probably will avoid that as I too have been docked next to boats that had screens blaring away and wasn't impressed at all :(

I am off on Indy on 1st June and not particularly liking the sound of the big screen in the pool area. Probably will avoid that as I too have been docked next to boats that had screens blaring away and wasn't impressed at all :(

You might be surprised. We've seen the big screen on Liberty and Rhapsody and neither of those was set very loud during the day. Royal seems to be sensitive to those who don't want the big screen to be disruptive.

Actually, they started the work a couple of weeks ago and finished the middle of last week. Indy started sailing again I believe on May 2nd... it's definitely sailing now (currently on a 14-nighter to Spain).

really?

Bit of a shock to my 2 sister in laws that think they are going to the Canaries.

Passed the indie in the English channel as we came in on AOS at weekend.

really?

Bit of a shock to my 2 sister in laws that think they are going to the Canaries.

Passed the indie in the English channel as we came in on AOS at weekend.

:D The itin is Spain, Portugal and the Canaries.... guess I forgot to mention the latter. Apologies!

Yeah...my Hamburg contact e-mailed me the wrong week. Back sailing as of May 1st.

WOO HOO. From the observations of my friend who actually saw it in the shipyard....she's brand new clean again and very much refurbished.

Somebody posted a video showing some of the interior work that was done...neat!

• 2 months later...

Archived