18th May - Questions for on independence of the Seas

Any more for anymore ?????

Forget my earlier question about the stateroom. I was actually able to get a "hump" balcony instead! :D

Have a great time. Just looking forward to hearing your thoughts overall. This will be the largest cruise ship I have ever cruised on... I am on the much smaller Splendour of the Seas this September and then on Indy next May.

Forget my earlier question about the stateroom. I was actually able to get a "hump" balcony instead! :D

Have a great time. Just looking forward to hearing your thoughts overall. This will be the largest cruise ship I have ever cruised on... I am on the much smaller Splendour of the Seas this September and then on Indy next May.

Well done for getting the hump !!!!!!!!!!!

The big ships are fantastic :-)

We will be on her the beginning of Dec. for a B2B. Looking forward to your review.

Bon Voyage.

Caribbean B2B - fantastic !!!!!!!

Have you been on Indy before?

I've just had a look at your itineraries. Lovely !!! What a great price on the 6 day !

Could you explain how the new paperless coupons are working if this system is on Indy. Also looking forward to weather and port news for Norway heading there at the end of the month. Looking forward to reading your blog.

One thing I'd really love to know is whether Indy has Royal Connect Phone or similar now. Better yet, an app that wee could out n our own phones to use aboard :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

One thing I'd really love to know is whether Indy has Royal Connect Phone or similar now. Better yet, an app that wee could out n our own phones to use aboard :)

I'll try and find out for you :-)

Where's your screen name from ???

Could you explain how the new paperless coupons are working if this system is on Indy. Also looking forward to weather and port news for Norway heading there at the end of the month. Looking forward to reading your blog.

I know there won't be paperless coupons on Indy until later this year apparently. Any different and I'll let you know.

I'll make sure I put weather etc. in my review each day

:-)

PS - the Iceland & Norway AOS cruise looks great. I've just been looking to see if I could fit it in today seeing as the price is so good

I'll try and find out for you :-)

Where's your screen name from ???

Thank you!

"Bears" is a family in-joke, "ahoy" just for the cruise :)

Caribbean B2B - fantastic !!!!!!!

Have you been on Indy before?

I've just had a look at your itineraries. Lovely !!! What a great price on the 6 day !

We have never sailed on this class ship before. Really looking forward to it.

I can already tell you that the Windjammer on Indy, and all of the Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class ships, function much better that the ones on Oasis and Allure.

Thank you so much - that is very reassuring :)

not sure if you'll be able to answer this, but I sail over thanksgiving and have 5 hump balcony rooms and am hoping to be able to get the dividers opened to create a mega balcony.

That will be so cool if it can be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

not sure if you'll be able to answer this, but I sail over thanksgiving and have 5 hump balcony rooms and am hoping to be able to get the dividers opened to create a mega balcony.

That will be so cool if it can be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They can be opened. It is up to the management of each ship as to whether they will allow it or not.

We might bump into each other. We're two middle aged guys with shavhed heads, well built who look like bouncers when we have out tux's on. We'll have a middle aged woman in tow who never smiles - ha ha ha ! :cool:

So I'm curious if there are still three of you, or are you down to two? :)

Hi I'll be on the Indy in September & stopping in all the ports you will be stopping in apart from Skjoden. What I'd like to know is are all the ports wheelchair accessible? ESP in Oslo. So really getting off & on ship & the surrounding areas. Thank you Dillie

We will be on IOS on the June 29th sailing.

I would be interested in knowing the appropriateness for children of some of the production shows in terms of content. My daughter (5) loves singing and dancing shows, but we'd like to make sure the content is appropriate for her. On a prior cruise we had to leave a show because we felt that although the music and dancing were fine for her, the content of the jokes and story line was a little bit too "mature" for her and our son.

Thanks so much for being willing to answer questions about the ship!

:-) amcb

We will be on IOS on the June 29th sailing.

I would be interested in knowing the appropriateness for children of some of the production shows in terms of content. My daughter (5) loves singing and dancing shows, but we'd like to make sure the content is appropriate for her. On a prior cruise we had to leave a show because we felt that although the music and dancing were fine for her, the content of the jokes and story line was a little bit too "mature" for her and our son.

Thanks so much for being willing to answer questions about the ship!

Indy does not yet have any real Broadway shows like Oasis or Allure, so all you will see is the typical production shows with singing and dancing, no dialog to a story line.

Indy does not yet have any real Broadway shows like Oasis or Allure, so all you will see is the typical production shows with singing and dancing, no dialog to a story line.

Thanks clarea for your response. :-) Yes, I understood that the shows aren't like the ones on Oasis or Allure. However, the show I'm talking about (the one we had to leave midway through) wasn't a "Broadway" show, but just a singing and dancing show. It was something like a history of music from the 50's to the present. Although there wasn't much dialogue there was some as an intro to the next song. As we started hitting the 70's and 80's all of a sudden the one liners that would lead into the next song starting hitting on some subjects we weren't so comfortable having our kids hear (drugs, sex, infidelity etc).

Our kiddos are young (6, 5 and 19 months) and although our daughter really enjoys the shows (she loves the music, costumes and dancing), I'd like to stick to ones that are "family friendly".

Thanks clarea for your response. :-) Yes, I understood that the shows aren't like the ones on Oasis or Allure. However, the show I'm talking about (the one we had to leave midway through) wasn't a "Broadway" show, but just a singing and dancing show. It was something like a history of music from the 50's to the present. Although there wasn't much dialogue there was some as an intro to the next song. As we started hitting the 70's and 80's all of a sudden the one liners that would lead into the next song starting hitting on some subjects we weren't so comfortable having our kids hear (drugs, sex, infidelity etc).

Our kiddos are young (6, 5 and 19 months) and although our daughter really enjoys the shows (she loves the music, costumes and dancing), I'd like to stick to ones that are "family friendly".

Well, in that case, it's probably a good idea to stay away from most of the shows.

Archived