"Live from" ms Volendam to Alaska! My First HAL Experience

Thank you for a great review with so many beautiful pictures!! Really enjoyed it a lot!

Kind regards,

Gina

The Netherlands

Aw! You're welcome! + thank you! c: & thank you for reading my review! I'm happy to hear (er.. read) that you liked it! :)

Thanks again,

Sarah (Vancouver? =^^=)

Do you guys want me to post those random photos I decided not to include? Or.. Because I'd have to hunt for them~

(It's because I'm bored and have nothing left to do LOL)

If you don't mind to post them, I'd love to see them.

Looking forward to them!:)

Kind regards,

Gina

Do you guys want me to post those random photos I decided not to include? Or.. Because I'd have to hunt for them~

I guessing that you don't even need to ask!

We'd love to see them. Thanks again.

Yes, Sarah - ha ha - it's either that, or you have to go on another cruise!

Nice one Sarah, really enjoyed your day to day posts :-)

:D thank you. It's because I'm so bored LOL. My summer break is for 2 months ^^"

If you don't mind to post them, I'd love to see them.

Looking forward to them!:)

Kind regards,

Gina

I guessing that you don't even need to ask!

We'd love to see them. Thanks again.

Yes!!

Yes, Sarah - ha ha - it's either that, or you have to go on another cruise!

Alright then ^^~ I'll go scavenge around for some random forgotten shots c: (Oh how I wish I'd get another cruise :p)

**A note I forgot to mention: Remember these pretty little waffles? (that I actually looked forward to. I saw pictures of them on food reports)

This is actually a second shot I took c: that I didn't post yet~

"Belgian Waffles with Strawberry Compote & a Hash Brown":

9218977139_c65bdf2369_b.jpg

Note #2: The white stuff in the container is actually whipped cream. It was warm and sweet lol c: Except it was really awkward to try and scoop it out to put on the waffle ">_>

I was seriously displeased by the texture of this MUSHY little pastry. Waffles are meant to be CRUNCHY. NOT SOFT AND SQUISHY. The texture was exactly how a slice of bread dunked in water and left in the fridge to disintegrate would taste. =_= Like, really? Waffles are one of my favourite foods and they ruined it.

Don't look at me and go, "Oh, it's probably due to the strawberry compote that made it t." NO. The compote would not have completely destroyed the internal structure of the waffle. It would not have made the waffle softer than a banana. So don't blame the berry!

I was seriously surprised that the darn thing could keep itself up and in the right shape without... melting.. or sagging or something LOL, I don't know! ^^" But that was just an awful waffle! (Still edible tho..)

Edited by lovely_serenity

When HAL first started to make those waffles a few years ago, we would take a break from eating either in the Neptune Lounge or the Pinnacle Grill and have breakfast in the Lido. I would wait until the man made fresh ones -- not ones sitting on warmer device.

The first couple were good -- hot and crisp. But after one or 2 cruises, even waiting for the fresh ones -- no longer good. They were turning the machine too quickly and they were not getting done.

I am like you -- I like mine hot and crisp.

That stuff in the little container may have been whipped butter with sugar. I tried it once and it was too sweet for my taste. And I do like sweet things.

**A note I forgot to mention: Remember these pretty little waffles? (that I actually looked forward to. I saw pictures of them on food reports)

This is actually a second shot I took c: that I didn't post yet~

"Belgian Waffles with Strawberry Compote & a Hash Brown":

I just finished breakfast. You're making me hungry already.

When HAL first started to make those waffles a few years ago, we would take a break from eating either in the Neptune Lounge or the Pinnacle Grill and have breakfast in the Lido. I would wait until the man made fresh ones -- not ones sitting on warmer device.

The first couple were good -- hot and crisp. But after one or 2 cruises, even waiting for the fresh ones -- no longer good. They were turning the machine too quickly and they were not getting done.

I am like you -- I like mine hot and crisp.

That stuff in the little container may have been whipped butter with sugar. I tried it once and it was too sweet for my taste. And I do like sweet things.

I actually think I only managed to show up in the Lido for breakfast twice, and either times, I didn't really eat too much since it was so early. I find I have a habit of waking up quite early, always earlier than the rest of my family ^^~

I didn't see any waffles when I was up there, then again, I was in a bit of a hurry :/ I wish I could've checked it out.

Indeed, waffles are meant to be hot and crispy, otherwise they are not waffles at all, >:( they are shaped pancakes! (lol)

No wonder I liked it so much. Whipped butter and sugar is sweet enough for my sweet tooth ^^ Thst gives you an idea of my sugar tolerance :p Things that are very sweet to me are not edible to my sister LOL

I've posted a link to this on the Alaska page. Many people there are always asking about menues and daily activities, etc. We are going on this cruise next month. I made the trip many years ago but DH has never been so I have enjoyed being able to show him what he has in store!

This isn't really relavent to anything, but I'm so excited, I wanted to share it with you guys! So here it is, the exam results for my AP French 12 test was released just now and I found out that I got 4/5 on it! :,D Advanced Placement exams are taken throughtout the US and Canada, and 5/5s are basically never received, so I am very proud of my 4! =^^=

The way it's scored is:

5 Extremely well qualified

4 Well qualified

3 Qualified

2 Possibly qualified

1 No recommendation

That exam was brutal too :,( it went from 11:30am to 4:00pm. And part of it required you to awkwardly record your voice into the computer at the same time as everyone else in the room!

Long story short, I'm relieved ^^"

Edited by lovely_serenity

Hi Sarah.

Well, I am back from the cruise. Enjoyed it immensely! Your hints were so helpful. Copied your recommendations for the various meals and have to say that I tried many of them. Your family's tastes must be the same as mine.

So glad to hear that you did well on your exams. Good for you.

Will be doing a review soon. Not that it will compare to yours!!!!!!!!!:D

Regards,

Ellen

Congratulations, Sarah! Have you been in French Immersion? Did you take any other AP exams? My youngest took, I think, 3 AP's, (in the States), and then was able to skip her first year of university in Ontario (they counted it as Grade 13). All the best to you for your future. :)